INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [New Skin] Brighter Days (work-in-progress test release)  (Read 6772 times)

Dirhael

• World Citizen
[New Skin] Brighter Days (work-in-progress test release)
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:53:34 pm »

So... I've been tinkering away on a skin for MC for personal use for a while, and decided I'd post it here as well. It's not fully completed yet, I'm still changing and adding things here and there (and will probably continue with that for a while seeing as time is a limited resource), but as far as I know there aren't any major problems with it. If you have any constructive feedback, I'd love to hear what you have to say. No, it's not the most original skin ever, I more of less just wanted a brighter skin with a touch more colour than the default, and I never did enjoy the wide borders in Noire. When I'm done with the skin, or just get tired of working on it I'll post the PSD files as well if anyone want them.

Note: I haven't tested with MC17 (I'm using v.18), but seeing as I started with the v.17 Noire skin as a base, it will probably work fine(?).

(Still need to come up with a proper name...)

Album view:

More screenshots:
Playing Now: http://thesecondscreen.com/uploads/MC/skin/playing-now.png
Panes: http://thesecondscreen.com/uploads/MC/skin/panes.png

[Download from DeviantArt]

Installation: Unzip to your JRiver Media Center folder. If you have any custom tree icons you'd like to keep, skip the "data" folder.
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: [New Skin] Brighter Days (work-in-progress test release)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:26:46 am »

Great skin, looks good!

I don't know if I like the red progress bar and red song info, a soft blue maybe?

Great work man.

To J River:
I like the custom tree icons of this skin, however I don't want them for all the skins, should be a way to each skin has it's own icons and if don't then use the defaults.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:56:07 am »

Very nice skin! But I agree that the red color might be to heavy.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 02:35:27 pm »

Thanks for the feedback :) I guess how the red/orange appears depends a bit on your monitor... I don't like switching to blue, as even though it looks nice enough, I also find it a bit "boring." I suppose what I'll end up doing is de-saturate and/or darken the reds in the standard version, and make an alternative one with different colours :)
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

Sauzee

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 06:49:45 am »

Really nice thanks.

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 08:55:20 pm »

OK been using this for some days on MC18, works Ok and it is BEAUTIFULL. Delicate, equilibrated,

Just one BUT: scroll bars are very THICK, I would make them AT least 1/5 of their actual size or just make them invisible (or make two variantes: one invisible and one with VERY thib scroll bars,

Apart of that I just LOVE it :-)

Ahhh: icons. I am using the icons from fusionx skins, in combination with your skin it is beautifull (see attach) you should consider using those icons or similar ;-)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »

Very nice skin!!!!! Thank you!

eternaloptimist

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 07:48:23 pm »

Lovely skin!
Just a novice question...

To install... I copied the "Brighter Days" folder from the "Standard" folder into the corresponding Standard" folder in the J River directory. Then is selectable in View.

I also copied the "Custom Art" and "Custom Resources" folders into the "Data" folder in the J River directory. Was this correct??
If not, where do the Data folders (Custom Art and Cusom Resources) folders go??
Sorry about the basic question....

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 07:59:27 pm »

@eternaloptimist

The Content of the two folder "Custom Art" and "Custom Resources" replaces the content of the folders "Default Art" and "Default Resources". The benefit of the "Custom" folders is, that you can put user content in it, without touching the original files. AND the "Custom" folders keep their content when updating MC. The "Default" folders always contain the original data and they get updated with program updates.

To answer your question: you can safely delete the "Custom" folders, because MC then uses the original, "Default" content. For most skins it is not necessary to modify the "Custom" folders. For the skin offered here you can use the data offered in the skin package at Deviant Art. If you do so, some Icons will be replaced to fit the skin better. If you don't use them, the skin will work nearly as expected, only some icons will be the default ones instead of the modified ones.

Hope this helps...

P.S.: No need to excuse your (not so basic) question!

eternaloptimist

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »

@eternaloptimist

The Content of the two folder "Custom Art" and "Custom Resources" replaces the content of the folders "Default Art" and "Default Resources". The benefit of the "Custom" folders is, that you can put user content in it, without touching the original files. AND the "Custom" folders keep their content when updating MC. The "Default" folders always contain the original data and they get updated with program updates.

To answer your question: you can safely delete the "Custom" folders, because MC then uses the original, "Default" content. For most skins it is not necessary to modify the "Custom" folders. For the skin offered here you can use the data offered in the skin package at Deviant Art. If you do so, some Icons will be replaced to fit the skin better. If you don't use them, the skin will work nearly as expected, only some icons will be the default ones instead of the modified ones.

Hope this helps...

P.S.: No need to excuse your (not so basic) question!

Many, many thanks St Feder!
Just to clarify... If I understand you correctly: If there are "Custom" folders in the Data directory, MC will use the contents in preference to the data in the "Default" folders, but if no Custom folders... JC will use the data in the Default folders. Is this correct?
Thanks again!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 05:24:13 am »

If there are "Custom" folders in the Data directory, MC will use the contents in preference to the data in the "Default" folders, but if no Custom folders... JC will use the data in the Default folders. Is this correct?
This IS correct :)

If you leave the custom folders empty or if any file is missing in there, MC will also use the Default folders.

eternaloptimist

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 05:46:54 am »

This IS correct :)

If you leave the custom folders empty or if any file is missing in there, MC will also use the Default folders.

Excellent! Many thanks again!  :D

kurushi

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 05:23:36 am »

Hi,
replace the red info color with the blue one from the volume bar and it 'll perfect i really love it good job!
Pages: [1]   Go Up