INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Network and Services  (Read 2174 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Media Network and Services
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:44:55 pm »

Hi there,

In the OVERVIEW, one can see all media servers that are connected to JRiver.

However, it does not seem to show info regarding connected devices using webgizmo or other ipad apps.  Is there a way to see this info on the host computer?  This seems to be an important missing element.  I had asked about this once before in the past and was hoping that Version 18 would correct this.  This is an important prices of missing info.  I am not sure what would be required to include this info.

I under stand that one can look at the activity under Services & Plug-ins/Media Network (then select [ServerName] (Library Server) but this does not provide any other details about the device.

Please add this in so that we can have full information regarding how MC is serving information. 

dave

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Network and Services
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 07:58:35 am »

any plans on dealing with this issue?

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:29:27 am »

I'm not sure what you mean by this and what you want.  The Overview/Playing Now menu shows all zones in MC.  Are you saying that if you are using remote controls such as Gizmo or JRemote (or a browser with WebGizmo), these devices don't show up as zones?  They're not actually zones - if Gizmo is sending music to the host computer then you look at the host computer's entry in Playing Now to find what's playing on it.  If Gizmo is sending to a DLNA device then it's the DLNA device that shows up in Playing Now.

What sort of information about the remotes do you want to see?

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:44:10 am »

What I am saying is that if someone is connected to MC18 via webgizmo or JRiver remote, then I would like to be able to see whaat hey are streaming.

DLNA devices show up beautifully under playing now.  Webgizmo/jriver does not (unless jriver is 'sending' info to a dlna device).

I suggest that under playing now, OTHER connections also be displayed including what is actually being streamed. 

dave

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 10:57:51 am »

Ok - this is a slightly different situation as these devices are pulling media from MC to playback locally, MC is not "instructing" the device to play and MC can't see those devices as renderers or destinations, but I see your point in that "Playing Now" implies that you can see, literally, everything that is playing now and not just a list of devices that MC can control. I think the idea of Playing Now would have been origianlly as a central control area for all controllable devices (rather than an area to spy on devices - why else would you want to see what is playing if you can't control it!), whereas with Gizmo and WebGizmo only those devices can control the media beaing streamed. Developers would need to make an enhancement here I think! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up