INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purity Skin  (Read 2608 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Purity Skin
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:48:26 pm »

was checking out the great new skins tonight, I fell in love with Purity

is it suppose to be white in the tree?  Any possible way to get a version that is not white on tree please?

Also i was playing with the skin effects it would be STELLAR if you guys could add  a spectrum wheel/pantone picker for the font in skins. Purity would look STELLAR with the ability to change just the fonts to bright colors, neons, gradients. (Bright LED Effect)
Perhaps in the future they could be animated.

Will the designer accept custom requests? I'll buy one!

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Purity Skin
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:13:15 am »

Download from here:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/202922172/purity_for_j_river_by_cristianx-d3ctbr0.rar

Use the "Dark" Version for a dark tree background.

Silent Night is also a very nice skin:
http://alexander234.deviantart.com/art/Silent-Night-167394420

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:33:22 am »

Thanks marko.. hoping i can get them to do some tweaking for me :)

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 02:22:29 pm »

i'd be happy with just the tree being cohesive with rest of skin.   
is there a way to tweak these skins?
be sweet to but all font that is white on a layer/mask, and be able to dial in the color one wants for the fonts, volume bar, etc...
I'd love to tweak this skin to match my HDD's lights (bright BLUE LED)

connersw

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 05:53:31 pm »

You can tweak the skin any way you want.  It is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Skins\Standard View\Purity  (Just use Program Files if you are on 32-bit Windows). 

To make the tree "more cohesive," replace the image for Tree_Background.png with something darker (for example use the same image/color as ActionWindow_Background.png).  You'll then need to edit the font so that it isn't black on black.  Edit the main.xml document, and under <TREE> replace

Code: [Select]
<Colors Text="111111" Back="b0b0b0" SelectedText="c8c8c8" SelectedBack="b0b0b0" />
with

Code: [Select]
<Colors Text="b7b7b7" Back="282828" SelectedText="FFFFFF" SelectedBack="e3f8ff" />
I highly recommend you make a back-up of the original Purity folder in a temp location before you begin editing.  If you get too far gone, you can always just replace the whole folder with the original.  Once you get the hang of it, you can tweak it any way you want.  This is just rough and dirty to get you started.

PS:  If you are looking for a dark skin with bright blue text, check out Carbon:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62042.0 

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 06:47:44 pm »

PERFECT!!!
Thanks so much! looks great!
will i run into problems with updates? like to use this on all our pc's...(could be a pita having to replace this on every pc every update.)

connersw

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 09:43:45 am »

Yeah, probably should of done this from the start since Purity is a stock skin.

Create a copy of the whole Purity folder. 
Rename it Purity Custom. 
In the main.xml document of the Purity Custom folder, edit SKIN Name="Purity" to SKIN Name="Purity Custom"

You should now have a Purity and a Purity Custom folder in your C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Skins\Standard View directory.  Any updates will only effect the Purity folder, and your Purity Custom folder will stay untouched.

Copy the Purity Custom folder to the Skins\Standard View directory on all your other PCs.  Select Purity Custom from View -> Skin. 

You should also make a copy of the Purity Custom folder and save it in another location in case you have to do an uninstall/reinstall or so you can add it to the Skins\Standard View directory when you eventually upgrade to MC20.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 03:32:25 pm »

took a bit but all pc's now set to purity custom and backup made...
Thanks Connersw

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 04:06:05 pm »

There's also a skin called albedo that is very much like purity but with an all black background.  It's got a few differences but I like it better overall
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Castius

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »

Great tip. connersw
Just what i wanted to complete the purity skin

PS
I also modified Tree_Selection.png to make the text readable when selected.

Castius

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 06:50:58 pm »

Here is my edited file
Pages: [1]   Go Up