INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions regarding Output Encoding / Sample Rate options  (Read 2546 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Questions regarding Output Encoding / Sample Rate options
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:04:44 am »

Currently it is possible to set "Output Encoding" to: Dolby Digital, DSD/DoP, 2xDSD/DoP, 2xDSD/native. Furthermore we can set the output "Sample Rate" depending on the input Sample Rate.

Would it be benefitial to somehow consolidate these two features? What I have in mind is a single "Output Encoding/Sample Rate" tool/window (?), which would make it possible to set a specific output for a specific input not limited to the sample rate only.
Basically it means to add the options given in "Output Encoding" to the "Sample Rate" input and output options. In my opinion this might bring an advantage in usabililty, as there would be only one tool left for setting up the audio output format in it would be more flexible (at least for advanced users). Maybe additionaly the option to bitstream could be made avaliabe as an output option aswell? What do you guys think?

Another question I have in mind: why is it not an option to encode to 1xDSD/native?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Questions regarding Output Encoding / Sample Rate options
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:44:22 am »

I think we'll keep the encoding and sample rate separate.  It matches how the program is working internally.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up