INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer freezes when connecting to a DAC  (Read 2549 times)

Bazza1304

• Recent member
Computer freezes when connecting to a DAC
« on: September 09, 2016, 07:02:26 am »

Hi,
Can someone please help me with a problem that's driving me mad ! I have been using JRiver Center 22 connected to my HiFi system succesfully for over a year now, which produces a great sound. However when I am connecting it via the same USB port, my laptop freezes. If I connect the USB cable before I try and boot the computer up, it won't boot up. I have tried disabling my Kaspersky security, but this does not solve the problem. Neither does trying different USB ports. This problem has just occurred for no apparent reason.

I am using a laptop with Windows 8.1, and connecting it to a NAIM DAC V-1 via the USB. The only clue I have is the computer un-freezes when I switch the DAC off, but freezes as soon as it is switched on.

I am not very good with computers, so if anyone is willing to advise me I will be very grateful.
Many thanks,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Computer freezes when connecting to a DAC
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 07:27:04 am »

If it is the antivirus causing trouble, you will need to uninstall it (as a test).

Try a different cable.

Try doing your audio settings again.

Please report the problem to Naim.

Bazza1304

• Recent member
Re: Computer freezes when connecting to a DAC
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 03:04:06 pm »

Many thanks for your response. I removed my Kaspersky security, and it did indeed solve the problem. However I did re-install it as I need an anti virus protection. This time however I eventually managed to configure it so it didn't freeze my laptop when using the DAC.
So problem solvrd. Thanks once again for your input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up