INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.34 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 14479 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.34 for Windows -- Available here
« on: October 14, 2016, 08:32:50 am »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220034.exe

22.0.34 (10/13/2016)

1. Fixed: DVB EPG scanning did not handle text encoded with specific code pages.
2. Changed: Playing a single image won't start a slideshow (right-click > Play).
3. Fixed: Doing File > Print Images... when opening an image from an email didn't work properly.
4. Fixed: MCC 22001 could cause a crash.

22.0.33 (10/11/2016)

1. If the duration IS obtainable from the playback engine, use it. Fix to Fix #8 in 22.0.32
2. NEW: Implemented a new system of getting MPEG-2 tables and sections.  We are in the process of migrating to this new system gradually.  For now, part of ATSC EPG scanning uses the new system.  The result is good.  ATSC EPG scanning is much faster and more reliable (the EPG data is almost complete for at least 12 hours per scan, most are 24 hours or more).
3. Fixed: Playing images then video then images would start the images paused for the second time.
4. Fixed: DVB EPG in-stream scanning did not work.  Now it works using the new method of getting MPEG-2 tables and sections.
5. Changed: Red October HQ updated to madVR 0.90.24.

22.0.32 (9/30/2016)

1. Changed: When playing a jtv video (either recorded TV show, or live TV on a client), the television "Crop Edges" setting is applied, instead of always turning it on.
2. Changed: Made backspace in a Theater View message box cancel the box.
3. Changed: Added 4x to the encoding options for DSD.
4. Fixed: Dragging thumbnails to the left wasn't working.
5. Changed: Internal changes in television recording in transport stream format.  Users should not notice anything different.  Please report any unexpected behaviors.
6. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Fixed: Switching between audio files with different channel configuration could result in channels being dropped under special circumstances.
8. Fixed: Fix a bug in MCWS track duration reporting caused by the change (21.0.31) which skips over the reading of a mp3 header if the file being played is over the network (but not a stream).

22.0.31 (9/25/2016)

1. Fixed: The DVB OTA EPG scanning change made in build 30 had an infinite loop that caused scanning to never finish.
2. Fixed: Scheduler 'Engen Command' wasn't handling the TurnOff command reliably.
3. Changed: In Engen Command scheduler dialog, brightness and color controls are now hidden when 'Turn Off' command is chosen.
4. Changed: Last selected scheduler task is remembered and is used on the next "Add Task" selection.
5. Changed: Added "All Lights" control to Engen Command scheduler.
6. Fixed: Build 30 had some custom skin artwork folders included by mistake.

22.0.30 (9/22/2016)

1. Changed: Added the subfolder "Album Artworks" to the View Extras search.
2. Changed: DVB OTA EPG scanning will obtain service description for each channel first in order discover whether a channel has scheduled EIT info carried in the stream.
3. NEW: Added "Engen Command" task to scheduler.  Allows scheduling scene and lighting events if an Engen server is available.

22.0.29 (9/21/2016)

1. Fixed: Found and fixed a couple of bugs in DVB OTA EPG scanning, in particular, in parsing the "extended event descriptor".
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
3. Changed: Renamed the Theater View lighting plugin to tv_lighting from tv_lights.

22.0.28 (9/20/2016)

1. Fixed: The lights plugin wasn't working reliably.
2. Changed: Renamed the lights plugin to "Lighting".

22.0.27 (9/19/2016)

1. NEW: Added the option "View Cover Art" to the View Extras menu.
2. Fixed: A rounding error in date formatting could result in the wrong days being shown for dates without a time.
3. Changed: Improved MCWS CORS compliance including Pre-Flight checks and proper credential support.
4. Fixed: MC would crash on scanning for EPG over-the-air on DVB tuners.
5. Fixed: OTA EPG Scanning for DVB tuners would be stuck in an infinte loop.
6. Changed: Added more logging for OTA EPG scanning for DVB tuners.
7. Changed: Some improvements to the lights Theater View plugin (only loads if you've configured a URL, only loads when it actually draws, etc.).

22.0.26 (9/16/2016)

1. Changed: The tooltips on the taskbar playback buttons are translated.
2. Fixed: The field names in Smartlists get translated better.
3. Changed: When logging DirectShow filters info in TV and video playback, the file path and name of a file being written to disk by a filter (such as TV time-shifting writer filter) is logged.
4. Changed: Small update to the Modern Cards: Grey skin.
5. Fixed: When Kernel Streaming, shutting down the device would hang if it had gone away.
6. Fixed: On Schedule Guide Reloading dialog window, clicking the Add button to add an Over-the-air loading method did not work for DVB tuners (the added method was set to ATSC).
7. NEW: "Year" field can now be used in setting up television recording rules.
8. Fixed: DVB EPG scan did not do anything because we forgot to remove the condition that it must be ATSC to proceed.
9. Changed: Television recording actions are checked for 60 days beyond current date, instead of 14 days, so that more "To be recorded" shows will be displayed.
10. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
11. NEW: Added a Theater View Lights plugin you can add manually to allow configuration of an Engen server.

22.0.25 (9/12/2016)

1. Fixed: The tooltip on the volume slider would bounce up and down when it was shown.
2. Fixed: Placing tooltips works a little better with off the monitor detection when there's already another tooltip showing.
3. Fixed: The popup about saving pane changes will show a little more reliably on shutdown.
4. Fixed: With multiple tabs open, the selected file for pane tagging (and maybe other things) could get corrupted.
5. NEW: Over-the-air (or in-stream) EPG scan for DVB tuners, getting data from EIT (event information tables).
6. Changed: DLNA: The presentation URL's now feature Panel instead of WebRemote.
7. Changed: Updated DVB-C frequency table for Denmark.yousee Copenhagen.  Thanks Grenache!
8. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

22.0.24 (9/2/2016)

1. Fixed: Pressing enter in the new value dialog for pane tagging wouldn't close the dialog if a suggestion was being shown.
2. Changed: When viewing a sidecar image with the View Extras menu, it will add all the images it found to the current playlist so you can switch between them like normal image playback.
3. Changed: Added the extension to the list of View Extras menu choices.
4. Changed: Made the analyzer frequency information fall off faster.
5. Changed: Added more logging to try figuring out a mysterious TV recording hang.
6. Fixed: Setting some date fields from a formatted string didn't work properly.

22.0.23 (8/31/2016)

1. NEW: Added HTM and HTML to the list of sidecars shown by the new View Extras menu.
2. Changed: Made the function File/SetInfo take a parameter "Formatted" that when set to one the value coming in is formatted (like a date).  Defaults to "1".
3. Fixed: The View Extras menu in images would show all the images in the same folder.
4. Changed: Increased the resolution of the Analyzer so it should be much better at really low frequencies.
5. Changed: Sidecar searching for the "View Extras" menu also looks in subfolders called "Extras", "Scans", "PDF", "PDFs", "Booklet", "Art", "Artwork", "Cover", "Covers", "Cover Scan", or "Cover Scans".
6. Fixed: The machine would never sleep again after ripping a DVD.
7. Fixed: When pane tagging, the mouse could be dead after entering a new value.

22.0.22 (8/29/2016)

1. Changed: Improved the high channel count rejection by the APE plugin so that encoding will fail (with a notice) instead of just silently not working.
2. Changed: Add text files to the list of "View Extras" files.
3. Changed: When the tooltip evaluates to an empty string for image playback, it will no longer be shown.
4. Changed: Added the ODT extension to the list of sidecar files we show in the new menu.
5. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
6. Fixed: Image tooltips that were multiple lines didn't center properly.
7. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan!).
8. Fixed: ASIO drivers didn't get unregistered on uninstall.

22.0.21 (8/24/2016)

1. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateField to create a library field with a given name and data type.
2. Fixed: Some skin icons weren't drawing properly (especially on high DPI).
3. Changed: Updated the Norwegian translation (thanks Řistein Rian).
4. NEW: When files have sidecar images, PDF files, or documents, they'll be shown in a "View Extras" submenu to open each individual file.
5. Fixed: The delete command would not be processed in "Cover View" mode.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
7. Changed: Tried lifting the limit on Q for a high or low shelf to 5.0 from 1.0.  Testing appreciated.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: Converting multi-channel files to APE (which APE doesn't support) would crash.
10. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateFile to create a file record and return the new ID.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Media Center 22.0.34 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 12:42:33 pm »

Anything significant in the recent major madVR release?

jmone

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 03:38:23 pm »

Anything significant in the recent major madVR release?

madVR v0.90.24

* HDR: improved tone mapping algorithm
* HDR: added gamut mapping compression (instead of clipping)
* HDR: slightly improved luminance vs saturation reduction formula
* HDR: added options to use an external HDR tone mapping 3dlut
* HDR: added option to do HDR processing, but still output PQ
* fixed: measuring HDR luminance + NNEDI3 chroma upscaling sometimes crashed
* compiled OpenCL kernels are now stored separately for 32bit and 64bit
* when using the "ShowRenderSteps" tweak, a smaller OSD font is used now
I'm not a python at JRiver - just another Aussie

jmsquared141

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:29:21 pm »

When I import audio files some will be put in different folders. For example, I have albums as a folder with songs as files in the folder. When imported to the MC library an album could have five songs making up the album and the other three showing up separately under thee own heading. How can I adjust the library to reflect full albums.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 03:13:10 am »

Bump on this one:
When changing tags in the grid and realizing that have mispelled or made some other error: pressing ESC key in this kind of situation used to cancel the changes currently being made but now it commits the change. Could this be fixed back? ESC is generally used (OS, most applications) to cancel the changes not yet confirmed by space or by monving to another column. Thanks

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 04:03:38 am »

Hi,

Still unable to rip CD: "read track failed"
Could you help me??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 06:50:47 am »

Bump on this one:
When changing tags in the grid and realizing that have mispelled or made some other error: pressing ESC key in this kind of situation used to cancel the changes currently being made but now it commits the change. Could this be fixed back? ESC is generally used (OS, most applications) to cancel the changes not yet confirmed by space or by monving to another column. Thanks

Yeah, that certainly happens.  It was just a mistake and will be fixed next build.   Thanks for letting us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 01:33:32 pm »

In this build, in Theater Build, pressing the green button on MCE remote doesn't cycle through Home like it should. It just goes back and forth between Playing Now to Display View.

kstuart

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 02:03:23 pm »

When I import audio files some will be put in different folders. For example, I have albums as a folder with songs as files in the folder. When imported to the MC library an album could have five songs making up the album and the other three showing up separately under thee own heading. How can I adjust the library to reflect full albums.
This may be due to the Album Data Source having errors.

For example, if different tracks have slightly different album titles, such as:

Sergeant Pepper
Sgt. Pepper
Sergeant Pepper's
Sgt. Pepper's

then four different albums will be created in the Library.

You should start a new thread and put specifics and then we can diagnose what is happening.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 08:25:16 am »

In this build, in Theater Build, pressing the green button on MCE remote doesn't cycle through Home like it should. It just goes back and forth between Playing Now to Display View.

The next build should restore the original behavior.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Shike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 06:12:54 pm »

Still some problems with seekbar/duration.  It seems now some tracks will start to work, but the progress bar on Gizmo will jump backwards randomly till it starts progressing consistently.  It also screwed up the duration a couple times on a few tracks.

Using EOS I can confirm that the remote is only getting the actual duration on some tracks.  See the circled times in the lower right-hand screen caps.

EDIT: For clarity.

jpetek

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 07:30:43 am »

I want to test this Version but the System told me no because the Test Period is expired.

I have already JRiver 20, tested 21 but decide not to buy. Now I want to test 22. Result see obove.

BR

Josef

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 09:07:42 am »

You could use another machine if you have one. 

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Occassional lock-up / unresponsiveness
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 09:10:56 am »

Using MC 22.0.34 and JRemote on an iPad (iOS 10.0.2), switching from JRemote to some other application on the iPad and then back to JRemote, MC becomes seemingly unresponsive, both to JRemote and on the desktop where the MC is actually running (a Windows 7 machine).  The fact that the unresponsiveness occurs on the desktop prompted me to post here, rather than in the forum for JRemote.  Playback continues on the renderer, but JRemote is unable to pause or stop playback or change the playlist in anyway.

Sometimes, the unresponsiveness is temporary -- restarting JRemote a few times seems to get the two "in sync" again.  The MC on the desktop then becomes responsive again as well.  There are other times, though, that MC appears to get "stuck" permanently.  (I don't yet have a recipe for reproducing the hang, though.)

The MC GUI sometimes recognizes the hang (popping up a dialog about communicating with the MC backend).  If the GUI is already open when the hang occurs, Win7 readily labels it as unresponsive.

I don't think JRemote has received any updates recently.  The iPad was recently updated from iOS 9 to iOS 10.  Have any significant DLNA changes occurred in MC?

Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 09:21:58 am »

It's probably the update to iOS 10.  A newer version of JRemote should be available this week.

Starchild1

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 12:42:14 am »

I had to replace my computer so I have just upgraded from MC 21 to 22.  I'm having a problem with burning a cd.  It seems that about every 3rd or 4th cd I burn I get this message "Logical unit not ready long write in progress" and the cd stops burning which ruins the formerly blank disk.  The burn process seems to be slower than it was with version 21 as well. 

kstuart

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 01:55:04 pm »

I had to replace my computer so I have just upgraded from MC 21 to 22.  I'm having a problem with burning a cd.  It seems that about every 3rd or 4th cd I burn I get this message "Logical unit not ready long write in progress" and the cd stops burning which ruins the formerly blank disk.  The burn process seems to be slower than it was with version 21 as well.
The CD burning function is a nice convenience, but the freeware program IMGBURN is more targeted at the various subtleties of the burning process.  At the least, you can use that until any bugs here are fixed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 05:38:27 pm »

It's possible it is a bug, but we're not seeing other reports.

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 12:32:58 pm »

Hi,

Still unable to rip CD: "read track failed"
Could you help me??

Hi, I have seen I am not the only one, do you have any idea?
Could you please help me?
THanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up