INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 22.0.39 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 4475 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 22.0.39 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:16:18 pm »

This is the latest version of MC22 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220039.dmg

22.0.39 (11/14/2016)

1. NEW: Theater View is now supported on Mac!  Select it from the View menu.  Being a new feature, there may be some issues so please report any problems you run into.
2. Fixed: Very old APE format files (v3.80) could crash on import.
3. NEW: Added Tools > Listening Test... to try your listening skills.
4. Fixed: Pressing escape after editing a field in-place accepted the changes instead of discard the changes.
5. Changed: Added 4x to the encoding options for DSD.
6. Fixed: Switching between audio files with different channel configuration could result in channels being dropped under certain circumstances.
7. Fixed: DSP Studio wouldn't load the ideal page size of the first page it showed.
8. Fixed: Picking WPL as the playlist formats on a handheld would use ASX instead.
9. NEW: Video Thumbnails are rotated to match the videos rotation information.
10. Changed: Added a search box to Panel for searching through a library.

22.0.30 (9/26/2016)

1. Fixed: Add plugins was not working from DSP studio.
2. Fixed: Added a check to prevent Media Center from executing a shutdown while in the process of shutting down.
3. NEW: Added HTM and HTML to the list of sidecars shown by the new View Extras menu.
4. Changed: Made the function File/SetInfo take a parameter "Formatted" that when set to one the value coming in is formatted (like a date).  Defaults to "1".
5. Fixed: Pressing enter in the new value dialog for pane tagging wouldn't close the dialog if a suggestion was being shown.
6. Fixed: The popup about saving pane changes will show a little more reliably on shutdown.
7. Fixed: With multiple tabs open, the selected file for pane tagging (and maybe other things) could get corrupted.
8. Changed: Small update to the Modern Cards: Grey skin.
9. NEW: Added "Engen Command" task to scheduler.  Allows scheduling scene and lighting events if an Engen server is available (experimental).

22.0.22 (8/29/2016)

1. Changed: Updated the three Modern Cards Skins
2. Fixed: M4V files were being treated as data files.
3. Changed: DLNA renderer zone status calls used to determine whether the device is up will handle more broken renderers that don't properly support the spec On devices that were failing, the playback progress bar didn't advance.
4. Changed: Renamed the image tool to "Convert or Resize".
5. Changed: Made the Find & Replace tool work on the display of a field instead of the data so it works a lot better on dates.
6. Fixed: DLNA. Volume leveling was coming on by default if the material to be played was being converted.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateField to create a library field with a given name and data type.
8. Fixed: Some skin icons weren't drawing properly (especially on high DPI).
9. NEW: When files have sidecar images, PDF files, or documents, they'll be shown in a "View Extras" submenu to open each individual file.
10. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateFile to create a file record and return the new ID.

22.0.18 (8/16/2016)

1. Fixed: The auto-import countdown timer for empty libraries would not count down on Mac or Linux
2. NEW: The DLNA server Audio Advanced DSP studio is active for all functions including sample rate changes.
3. Changed: The DLNA server Audio Advanced settings removed the simplified settings for sample rate, volume levelling and Stereo Downmix.
4. NEW: Added three new skins: Modern Cards: Dark, Modern Cards: Grey, and Modern Cards: White.
5. Changed: Added some support for adding custom images and icons to skins.
6. Changed: Standard equalizer now applies pre-amp values to subwoofer channels.  Previously they were ignored.
7. NEW: Added "Options > Audio > Load files to memory at the start of playback" to totally load a file into memory when playback starts (works with APE, FLAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, DSD, MP4, OGG, ).
8. NEW: Text color can be configured for Text-based video subtitles that do not have their own styling info.
9. NEW: OSD text color can be configured.
10. NEW: Added a "Reset OSD text color to skin setting" option in "Tree & View" > "Advanced"

22.0.13 (7/22/2016)

1. NEW: The SoX resampler can be enabled in Options > Audio to handle all your resampling needs.
2. Fixed: The media server icon was not appearing on the taskbar while it was running.
3. Fixed: VST and other DSP plugins could not be installed from DSP Studio.

22.0.12 (7/21/2016)

1. Fixed: A Gatekeeper problem at installation.

22.0.10 (7/21/2016)

1. NEW: First Mac build of MC 22
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bMinor

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 22.0.39 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:06:55 am »

saved views have disappeared
can't save views either

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 08:39:42 am »

can't save views either

I just looked at a view on the Mac, did Customize View... and then "Save this view..." and it worked great.

Is that what you're trying?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bMinor

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 09:36:19 am »

I just looked at a view on the Mac, did Customize View... and then "Save this view..." and it worked great.

Is that what you're trying?

Thanks.

1. yes that's what i'm doing.
2. I reinstalled 22.0.30 and saving works but all of my previously saved views are gone.
3. Removed 22.0.30 and reinstalled 22.0.39: now saving and loading works but my previously saved views are gone.

no big deal as i can easily save my views again now

BradATIMA

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 09:48:28 am »

You might want to check the Media Center library folder to see if there is a strange folder in there that got corrupted somehow. If you know how to access the Library in Finder, you can find the Media Center library folder in Library>Application Support>J River>Media Center  22>Library. There should be a Saved Views folder there, but check for another strange folder.

bMinor

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:11:17 am »

You might want to check the Media Center library folder to see if there is a strange folder in there that got corrupted somehow. If you know how to access the Library in Finder, you can find the Media Center library folder in Library>Application Support>J River>Media Center  22>Library. There should be a Saved Views folder there, but check for another strange folder.

new saved views are where they're supposed to be in the Saved Views folder.
however, the view i tried saving earlier (when it didn't work) created a folder with the views name in a folder in a folder...and in the 20th subfolder was the actual .jvi
no sign of my previously saved ones.
bizarre...

ps
the saved view in the 20th subfolder was saved without the .jvi extension

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 10:23:48 am »

however, the view i tried saving earlier (when it didn't work) created a folder with the views name in a folder in a folder...and in the 20th subfolder was the actual .jvi
no sign of my previously saved ones.
bizarre...

Next build will have this:
Fixed: On the Save View dialog, typing a name with a backslash in it or other illegal filename character wasn't handled nicely.

Because if you typed a name with a slash in it, it would make kind of a mess!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bMinor

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 10:28:00 am »

Next build will have this:
Fixed: On the Save View dialog, typing a name with a backslash in it or other illegal filename character wasn't handled nicely.

Because if you typed a name with a slash in it, it would make kind of a mess!

Yes, i did use a slash in one of the view names

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 04:47:18 pm »

Download & install from update channel did not work. Had to manually download and install.

After install of 22.0.39 it won't open: "Media Center 22.app can't be opened because identity of developer cannot be confirmed." Had to go to gatekeeper to open it anyway.

And Theater View is indeed there. Missed it on the Mac. Thanks Matt & Team.

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 07:58:48 am »

Download & install from update channel did not work. Had to manually download and install.

After install of 22.0.39 it won't open: "Media Center 22.app can't be opened because identity of developer cannot be confirmed." Had to go to gatekeeper to open it anyway.

And Theater View is indeed there. Missed it on the Mac. Thanks Matt & Team.
The update channel should work now.  Build 22.0.41 fixes the Gatekeeper bug on Sierra.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up