INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 22.0.54 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 6729 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 22.0.54 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:34:51 pm »

This is the latest version of MC22 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220054.dmg

22.0.54 (12/27/2016)

1. Fixed: Using SoX resampling could overflow the player core in 22.0.43.
2. Fixed: "Rename, Move, & Copy files..." did not replace invalid characters in filenames in 22.0.45.
3. NEW: The read-only login for Library Server is now configurable in Options.
4. NEW: Added an options dialog to the start of the Listening Test to pick the formats to convert to.
5. Fixed: Macs with a Touch Bar would cause Media Center to crash.
6. Changed: The Mac build of Media Center is now 64-bit only. Media Center no longer supports OS X 10.6.
7. Changed: Improved Theater View performance substantially on some systems.
8. Changed: Smoothed out a lot of the animations used in Theater View 3D views.
9. Changed: Added more support for PonoPlayer devices.  Includes account setup in Tools / Options / Services.  Also the 'Pono authenticated' column can be added to any view by adding column 'Pono', which shows a blue icon for tracks purchased from the PonoMusic Store.
10. Changed: The PonoMusic Store is now listed in the tree under 'Services & Plug-ins'.  The Pono store website is still 'under construction' however as they are in the process of switching to a new music fulfillment back-end.

22.0.43 (11/29/2016)

1. Fixed: Improved the accuracy of resampling delay handling when using SoX for a more constant delay on certain resampling ratios.
2. Changed: Made tooltips turning off a little more reliable with the Listening Test.
3. Fixed: Importing long filenames (with the long filename option checked) didn't work reliably.
4. Changed: Many fixes and improvements to OpenGL Theater View.

22.0.41 (11/17/2016)

1. Fixed: Cover Art in Theater View would show reversed and with grey borders.
2. Fixed: Installation on OS X Sierra would show a Gatekeeper error.
3. Fixed: On the Save View dialog, typing a name with a backslash in it or other illegal filename character wasn't handled nicely.
4. Fixed: DSP Studio wouldn't load the ideal page size of the first page it showed.
5. Changed: Manually changing images during playback stops the image slideshow.
6. Fixed: Doing a listening test with a really high sample rate file could lead to a crash.
7. Changed: Added the original as one of the formats for the listening tests.

22.0.39 (11/14/2016)

1. NEW: Theater View is now supported on Mac!  Select it from the View menu.  Being a new feature, there may be some issues so please report any problems you run into.
2. Fixed: Very old APE format files (v3.80) could crash on import.
3. NEW: Added Tools > Listening Test... to try your listening skills.
4. Fixed: Pressing escape after editing a field in-place accepted the changes instead of discard the changes.
5. Changed: Added 4x to the encoding options for DSD.
6. Fixed: Switching between audio files with different channel configuration could result in channels being dropped under certain circumstances.
7. Fixed: DSP Studio wouldn't load the ideal page size of the first page it showed.
8. Fixed: Picking WPL as the playlist formats on a handheld would use ASX instead.
9. NEW: Video Thumbnails are rotated to match the videos rotation information.
10. Changed: Added a search box to Panel for searching through a library.

22.0.30 (9/26/2016)

1. Fixed: Add plugins was not working from DSP studio.
2. Fixed: Added a check to prevent Media Center from executing a shutdown while in the process of shutting down.
3. NEW: Added HTM and HTML to the list of sidecars shown by the new View Extras menu.
4. Changed: Made the function File/SetInfo take a parameter "Formatted" that when set to one the value coming in is formatted (like a date).  Defaults to "1".
5. Fixed: Pressing enter in the new value dialog for pane tagging wouldn't close the dialog if a suggestion was being shown.
6. Fixed: The popup about saving pane changes will show a little more reliably on shutdown.
7. Fixed: With multiple tabs open, the selected file for pane tagging (and maybe other things) could get corrupted.
8. Changed: Small update to the Modern Cards: Grey skin.
9. NEW: Added "Engen Command" task to scheduler.  Allows scheduling scene and lighting events if an Engen server is available (experimental).

22.0.22 (8/29/2016)

1. Changed: Updated the three Modern Cards Skins
2. Fixed: M4V files were being treated as data files.
3. Changed: DLNA renderer zone status calls used to determine whether the device is up will handle more broken renderers that don't properly support the spec On devices that were failing, the playback progress bar didn't advance.
4. Changed: Renamed the image tool to "Convert or Resize".
5. Changed: Made the Find & Replace tool work on the display of a field instead of the data so it works a lot better on dates.
6. Fixed: DLNA. Volume leveling was coming on by default if the material to be played was being converted.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateField to create a library field with a given name and data type.
8. Fixed: Some skin icons weren't drawing properly (especially on high DPI).
9. NEW: When files have sidecar images, PDF files, or documents, they'll be shown in a "View Extras" submenu to open each individual file.
10. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateFile to create a file record and return the new ID.

22.0.18 (8/16/2016)

1. Fixed: The auto-import countdown timer for empty libraries would not count down on Mac or Linux
2. NEW: The DLNA server Audio Advanced DSP studio is active for all functions including sample rate changes.
3. Changed: The DLNA server Audio Advanced settings removed the simplified settings for sample rate, volume levelling and Stereo Downmix.
4. NEW: Added three new skins: Modern Cards: Dark, Modern Cards: Grey, and Modern Cards: White.
5. Changed: Added some support for adding custom images and icons to skins.
6. Changed: Standard equalizer now applies pre-amp values to subwoofer channels.  Previously they were ignored.
7. NEW: Added "Options > Audio > Load files to memory at the start of playback" to totally load a file into memory when playback starts (works with APE, FLAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, DSD, MP4, OGG, ).
8. NEW: Text color can be configured for Text-based video subtitles that do not have their own styling info.
9. NEW: OSD text color can be configured.
10. NEW: Added a "Reset OSD text color to skin setting" option in "Tree & View" > "Advanced"

22.0.13 (7/22/2016)

1. NEW: The SoX resampler can be enabled in Options > Audio to handle all your resampling needs.
2. Fixed: The media server icon was not appearing on the taskbar while it was running.
3. Fixed: VST and other DSP plugins could not be installed from DSP Studio.

22.0.12 (7/21/2016)

1. Fixed: A Gatekeeper problem at installation.

22.0.10 (7/21/2016)

1. NEW: First Mac build of MC 22
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: JRiver Media Center 22.0.54 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 07:23:16 pm »

9. I can add the Pono column in a view, but it does not show the blue icon for tracks purchased from the Pono Music Store.

EDIT: This is only an issue on the Mac version. Windows version is OK.

EDIT: Not a bug. I double checked and none of the Pono tracks had the phc tag set. I guess this is because I loaded my content prior to this version which added the tag.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 07:30:27 pm »

Under Services & Plug-ins:
I can navigate to Amazon, HDtracks or PonoMusic Store. But if I select one, and navigate somewhere else, MC crashes.

EDIT: This is only an issue on the Mac version. Windows version is OK.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 12:15:01 pm »

I can navigate to Amazon, but if I select my location which is the UK it reverts back to auto and I can only access Amazon USA. So I can't access my Amazon music on the UK site.

Luke

22.0.54 for Mac and Version 21.0.91
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 11:01:55 am »

Hey,
In Version 21 I have buttons in Interpret / Album and Genre which allows me a shortcut to bring me direct to all the albums of this interpret, for example. Since Version 22 these buttons are not existing anymore or is there a trick to bring theme in front again?
I needed these short cuts all the time and it is a reason why I can’t work with version 22 so far.
Thanks for more informations.

jkchat

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 12:19:22 pm »

Hi John T,

I posted a thread about a bug I'm experiencing, but haven't heard any response about it. I'd like to get the issue resolved please. The thread is at:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108821.0.html

Best,
James Chatterton
Pages: [1]   Go Up