INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.77 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 7653 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.77 for Windows -- Available here
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:01:01 am »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220077.exe

22.0.77 (3/1/2017)

1. Fixed: CAF audio files containing non-PCM audio would fail to play if playback type was set to Automatic.
2. Changed: A small rearrangement in coding in an attempt to fix the problem of "Season" being wrong when loading EPG data from xmltv files.
3. Fixed: Television recording in transport stream format could be in very poor quality for some TV tuners since build 22.0.32.
4. Fixed: OpenSubtitles feature would not set the current subtitle for a video to the one selected if it was a "MicroDVD" format.
5. Changed: Expanded OpenSubtitles feature to support TV episodes with the season/episode format (e.g. "Series Name S01E04").
6. Changed: OpenSubtitles feature now downloads multiple subtitle file sets for multi-disc movies.  Downloaded files have the CD number at the end of the filename, e.g. "_CD1", "_CD2", etc.
7. NEW: Frame-by-frame forward stepping in video and television playback. SHIFT+Right Arrow.

22.0.76 (2/22/2017)

1. Fixed: The order of television subscription recording rule's channel list was not preserved when the rule was edited.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: The string <XMLFN... is no longer shown in the new tag window below images.
4. Changed: Increased the maximum subtitle shift allowed in the right-click menu to 5 seconds from 1 second (remember that the OSD choice to adjust the shift allows infinite adjustments).
5. NEW: Added support for PSD files that are RGB with 4 channels for the color.
6. Changed: Updated the Chromium Web Engine to the latest version.
7. Changed: Made zooming in or out of an image stop the slideshow.
8. Fixed: Facebook upload photos wasn't working because older API wasn't supported anymore.  MC now supports API v2.8.

22.0.75 (2/16/2017)

1. Fixed: Pressing the OK button to accept something didn't always work when running translated (made DSP presets unsaveable, etc.).
2. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.69 (various fixes and improved support for HDR video files).
3. NEW: Support for {\anX} alignment tags in SRT subtitles.

22.0.74 (2/14/2017)

1. NEW: "Get TV & Movie Info" tool allows downloading subtitles from the OpenSubtitles.org API based off the IMDB Id.

22.0.73 (2/13/2017)

1. NEW: Program-keywords-search based TV subscription recording rules will sort recordings according to channel ordering for rules that specify multiple channels, or "All channels" with additional "preferred channels" selected.
2. Changed: When multiple TV channels match a particular TV subscription rule for recording at the same time, only the first will be recorded at recording start time.
3. Change: Minor tweaks in Theater View TV guide grid color customization.
4. Fixed: Right-click context menu on video/TV playback window would not work in full screen mode after showing the control window on top.
5. Fixed: ATSC over-the-air EPG scan could crash on program entries that do not have a title.
6. Fixed: Handheld Sync converts files of the same file type if DSP is enabled (still uses the conversion cache, needs to be cleared when changing DSP settings).
7. Changed: Clicking toolbar buttons that close the image editor is no longer allowed when a tool is open -- instead a message is shown.

22.0.72 (2/8/2017)

1. Fixed: WAV plugin did not get audio duration correctly for some WAV files (with mp2 audio content).
2. Fixed: Spelling of the standard genre #68 was wrong.  It was 'Psychadelic' and now it's 'Psychedelic'.  This affects import and tag updating of mp3 and m4a files.
3. NEW: Theater View TV guide grid colors can be customized.
4. Changed: Playing Car Radio buttons that are nested Smartlists will reevaluate the files in the smartlist at click time instead of using cached files.
5. NEW: Added the choice "Reset Button" when right-clicking a Car Radio button to remove the preset.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

22.0.71 (2/2/2017)

1. Changed: MC will try correcting a certain type of malformed WAVE files when writing tags to ID3 chunk, so that tag writing will be successful.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Tagging support for non-PCM audio in WAVE files.  This includes DTS and MPEG audio in WAVE.
4. Fixed: Clicking on a link icon for an album or artist with accents didn't always work.

22.0.70 (1/31/2017)

1. Fixed: More accents trouble.

22.0.69 (1/30/2017)

1. NEW: During import of an ISO file from a SACD, the Foobar sidecar file is read for the track names (we can pull other data if you request it).
2. Changed: When customizing the new Tag Action Window, it won't let you add items outside a group (since a group is necessary).
3. Fixed: Pane views that used accents with expression fields weren't working properly.
4. Fixed: The size of emailing images is remembered between sends.

22.0.68 (1/30/2017)

1. Changed: Over-the-air EPG scanning (ATSC and DVB) no longer saves "Event ID" into Program ID field.  Instead, Episode ID, if available, is saved in the field.
2. Changed: The tag action window could be slow to open when it was showing playlists.  Now it's much faster.
3. Changed: The new tag window has "Image" as one of the add choices during customization to nicely add the image field and type the right expression for you.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Trumpetguy

Re: Media Center 22.0.77 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 02:39:22 am »

22.0.77 (3/1/2017)

6. Changed: OpenSubtitles feature now downloads multiple subtitle file sets for multi-disc movies.  Downloaded files have the CD number at the end of the filename, e.g. "_CD1", "_CD2", etc.

22.0.76 (2/22/2017)

4. Changed: Increased the maximum subtitle shift allowed in the right-click menu to 5 seconds from 1 second (remember that the OSD choice to adjust the shift allows infinite adjustments).

Thanks a lot - new neat features implemented less than two weeks after the request! Which other companies show such responsiveness?  :)
Looking forward to test these features this weekend.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 08:16:17 am »

7. NEW: Frame-by-frame forward stepping in video and television playback. SHIFT+Right Arrow.

Thank you,  thank you,  thank you !  This works well.
We have been waiting a long time for this.

Can we expect Shift+Left, and to a lesser extent Ctrl+Shift+Right and Ctrl+Shift+Left in future releases ?
(as per http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109676.0.html)

Again, thank you all, you made my day!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 10:30:30 am »

Can we expect Shift+Left, and to a lesser extent Ctrl+Shift+Right and Ctrl+Shift+Left in future releases ?

SHIFT+Left is least likely to be implemented as it is the most difficult.  DirectShow does not support it. 
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:10:19 pm »

22.0.77 (3/1/2017)

Just tested this and wonder how it is supposed to work. I use (again) the LotR trilogy extended version as an example. The movies themselves are each on two discs, but disc two starts where no 1 stopped (no intros of anything), so there is no mentioning of the movie being a multidisc movie seen from OpenSubtitles point of view.

OpenSubtitles only gives one hit on Norwegian subs for each full movie, not per disc. And I am wondering how I can make this work for the second disc content.

I don't have any really good suggestion on how this should be implemented, since one would have to add knowledge about disc 1 into the disc 2 metadata. Is thee any way to link files to get this relationship? Maybe one workaround could be to enter the actual timing start-point in the movie as a large timeshift value somewhere (in the Two Towers case, disc 2 would start at time around 01:50:00), maybe as a manual tag value? This large offset could be included when applying the sub during playback, fine tuning using the OSD or drop-down menu.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 10:41:07 pm »

This build is hanging on launch for me. The entire screen goes black (as though it is launching Theater View, almost, even though I'm not). But then it never responds, and if I click anywhere, the whole UI goes white and I get the windows "hung application" dialog.

Rolling back to 22.0.63 corrects the issue. I've tried rebooting and a few other steps and also uninstalling/reinstalling. When I roll back, my Library is intact, but I can't get 22.0.77 to run at all.

Here's a log of it hanging (the Previous Log should include it here):
http://glynor.com/files/jriver/JRiver%20Log%202017-03-03%2023-41-16.zip

I'll try intervening steps.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 10:53:47 pm »

It appears to be the Chromium Web Engine update in build 76. I can run build 75 perfectly well, but neither 76 nor 77 will launch. I'm using the Chromium engine.

If I run it with the engine set to IE, then build 77 will run just fine.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 01:49:51 am »

Here's a log of it hanging (the Previous Log should include it here):
http://glynor.com/files/jriver/JRiver%20Log%202017-03-03%2023-41-16.zip

Both of your logs are from .63
Make sure you give Chromium enough time to actually download, on slow internet it can take a moment.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 08:59:23 am »

Nice one guys, thanks.

Ross

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 10:26:43 am »

Both of your logs are from .63
Make sure you give Chromium enough time to actually download, on slow internet it can take a moment.

Probably because build 77 never actually launched.

My connection is not that ridiculously slow anymore, though it isn't what I would choose to have. But perhaps that was it. I didn't wait more than five minutes.

bronzguy

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 03:55:16 pm »

I'm having troubled deleting files from the library.  Ex.  Library import function brought in two versions of the same album, one version is 16 bit and the other is 24 bit.  I cannot seem to delete the 16 bit from the library.  Deletions were not a problem in previous builds.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 08:33:55 am »

But perhaps that was it. I didn't wait more than five minutes.

That was it. I was able to get it going after waiting a long while.

Since MC is unable to show any UI at all without the web engine, I'd recommend you include the Chromium library in the install package, rather than download on demand. Most users would have been very confused with this behavior. MC was completely hung on launch with no UI at all and the Windows "hung application" dialog present for probably 7-8 minutes (though I didn't use a stopwatch).

My internet at my current rental is the "default" cable-modem speed cable in Maine (not my old super-slow crud). It isn't what I'd buy if I was picking it myself, but it isn't laughably slow for the area. So, I'd guess this is a pretty average user experience for anyone with Chromium selected as the engine.

Desja55

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 07:01:59 pm »

Don't know if this is a new problem but...
In "Advanced Tool", "Convert Format" when I convert an album in flac from 24 bit to 16 bit, the following tags are not transferred :
"Total Tracks" and "Total Disks"
It is not a major issue but when you have time, can you please have a look at this problem.
Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up