INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Track Info skin contribution for the music snobs out there (WikiScapes 1.5)  (Read 7230 times)

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

First I want to say I have been using MC since version 10 or 11 and use it for everything in house (TV, Movies, Music, all things entertainment).  But it really shines for the audiophiles.  Nothing compares to all the customization/tagging you can for documenting your media.

I first introduced an old track view skin in a previous post years ago that I used for a while.  It was a little complicated and used a server for some things.  A couple of years back, I converted everything to client side only and entirely it's self contained code (html & javascript only).  Recently I updated the interface and I think it's solid enough to share outside of my private circle of friends who are of course MC users.

Features:
uses Fanart backdrops - from fanart.tv (if avail, if your a deep diver of artists you might get a hit 1/2 out of 5 artists), if no hit it loads from a set of cool landscape images.
extensive Wiki narrative (slow scrolling text you and your friends to read up while listening)
plus most of the essential trackinfo data that you would expect.
Title
Artist
Track number
Album
Genre
Year
Notes
Comments
Cover Art
Playlist position
Next up Artist / Title  (uses MCWS for this)

Requirements:
interwebs!
1920x1080 resolution only
Chromium Web engine optimized (so make sure chrome is installed)
You have to provide your own fanart.tv api keys (easy to register and get your own for free - goto fanart.tv)
Enable Media Network (MCWS) on the server library you are accessing.
Cannot have authentication on for MCWS for the library you are accessing.  (unless the JR folks can show how me to pass credential through track info.

Instructions:
Unzip folder into Visualizations\Track Info folder.  Add your API keys in the top of the index.html file (hard to miss).

Important Notes:
This is NOT something that I am going to support for users, I will make improvements though as I see fit on my own time and will eventually provide updates to this post when significant enough.  Feedback is appreciated though.

The searching calls that the wiki info and the fanart works well but is not perfect.  It is flexible with band names and artist names and handle reverse order for sorting etc.  Your artist names should be named as accurate as possible to get the most results.  For best viewing, you should be somewhat OCD about tagging.

Attached a screenshot.

Maybe this will get me beyond a Junior woodchuck level ;D.

Enjoy!

Download here (1.5):
https://dl.orangedox.com/RqctDbgoQIw3z55eso

720p (lower-res.  Sometime TVs that are 1080p can be weird with the layout.  The 720p version usually fixes it)
https://dl.orangedox.com/HCBaAUWKUTjOfUFsy2

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Thanks for your work.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

Made some search improvements and minor placement issues.  Updated link at the top of the thread.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

changed scolling bio layout for better readability plus more fanart searching improvements.  updated zip in top post

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

Last update for a while.  Download link on top of thread.

Replaced old scrolling marquee with HTML5 css.
Another modification for better fanart hits.
minor JS error handling for future debugging.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

Just posted ver 1.5.  much lower CPU usage (down to 2-3% in JRWeb.exe) when bio is scrolling.  Added track duration, extended bio div height so the real long bios won't stop short and reset. If in theater view will just show album cover in Now Playing under List and Info view.

I am sticking with this version for a while.  Link is updated in the top post.

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.

i know there is no support per se... but the wikiscapes keeps getting over-ridden by the "cover art" display. the wikiscapes will flash for a second, then its back to cover art. grr

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

When the window size / full screen width is 1280 or less it is masked with only cover art as to keep the theater mode cover art intact.  Your resolution is probably not at 1920x1080, therefore the cover art is being substituted.  I've also seen window resolutions set at 1920x1080 but for some reason the full screen display is at a lesser resolution.  Not sure how that happens.  Maybe that's something JRiver can help answer.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

Added a 720p lower resolution version per issue reported with theoctavist above.  On the top post.  Enjoy.

lepa

• MC Beta Team

Thanks! I had same problem (on 1080p screen) but 720p version works. Good stuff!

William-NM

• World Citizen

principal_x,
Hope you get past the Jr. Woodchuck swamp!
Thank You for making this - I guess I'm officially a "music snob" 'cause I really like this. Chalk it up to my years as a High School disc jockey. Yep. 5 mornings a week from OTA at 6a.m. and Saturday nights 'till midnight. You're tuned in to 88.3, WDGC-FM, Your Downers Grove Community radio station, heh. Boy, did we get into some fun trouble!

It's working just as advertised for me, 'right out of the box'.
Thanks again! This is just great fun.
William

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi

This is pretty great!  You deserve way more props for this than you have received, this is the kind of stuff that I feel MC needs.  Job well done!!

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck

Link seems to be broken. Can this be found somewhere else?

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

rn701...  links have been restored.

Enjoy!

Mans

• Galactic Citizen

Great day, the link seems to be offline ?

Would like to give thisone a go aswell  :)

Thanks !

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

For those of you who are interested,  I built this a while back but I still use it all the time when listening to music.  It does get fanart from fanart.tv and uses it for the background when there is a match, BUT, you have to get your your API keys from fanart.tv.  Just open the index.html file and you will see where to put your API keys, then save.  Should work from then on.  Just remember to make sure your artists names are tagged well and you should get solid hits on the fanart.

Also to get all information available on screen make sure your Media Network services (sharing) are enabled (MCWS service)

Just re-posted the links to both here (and up top)

https://dl.orangedox.com/HCBaAUWKUTjOfUFsy2
720p

https://dl.orangedox.com/RqctDbgoQIw3z55eso
1080p

Enjoy.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck

I added opacity to the background images so the bio is more readable.  Plus added a gradual fade to grayscale over 120 seconds.  I had all this code in before but posted the wrong versions.
Also the 720p version was not right and replaced with the correct version.

Links above should be updated
Pages: [1]   Go Up