INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.110 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 28883 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.110 for Windows -- Available here
« on: June 02, 2017, 02:03:06 pm »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220110.exe

22.0.110 (6/2/2017)

1. Fixed: A bug in recent builds that would cause TV time-shifting folder name to end with a space and such folder could not be deleted.
2. Fixed: TV Recording clean up tool could not remove the malformed folder that had a folder name that ended with a space.

22.0.109 (5/25/2017)

1. Fixed: Clicking from one field to another in the new tag window wouldn't keep editing.

22.0.108 (5/17/2017)

1. Fixed: Some DVB-T HD channels (HEVC/H.265) could not be played live, nor could jtv recordings of them be played.
2. Change: Additional changes to avoid putting CableCARD tuners in "Undefined" state erroneously.
3. Fixed: When a TV device failed to initialize or failed to start recording, the state of the tuner could be stuck in "initializing" or "undefined".
4. Fixed: Recent changes in Manage TV Channels tool messed up checkbox clicking (Favorite or Hidden) in the channel list.

22.0.107 (5/16/2017)

1. Changed: Minor change in how television time-shifting folder length is shortened as introduced in build 106.
2. Changed: Updated the TheTVDB integration to the v2 TheTVDB API.
3. Changed: The Buy menu now includes current prices of products (USD currency).
4. Fixed: "Tagging error" popup when television recording in jtv with long file path finished.
5. Fixed: Thumbnailing failed for JTV television recordings with long file paths.
6. NEW: If an EPG program contains an image file URL, MC will download and save the image locally after recording the program.
7. Fixed: Keyboard searches/navigation within report controls did not support space characters because of a conflict with the space-bar accelerator key Play/Pause functionality.  Now a space is supported as long as it's not the first character in the search string.

22.0.106 (5/1/2017)

1. Fixed: Television time-shifting files with long file paths were not cleaned after time-shifting/recording sessions ended.
2. Fixed: Cleanup time-shifting folders tool could not clean up files with long file paths.
3. Fixed: Media Center might not have output 32 channels reliably.
4. Fixed: A bug in television time-shifting index file handling that caused problems when show names were super long.
5. Fixed: "Rename, Move, & Copy file" did not format new file name correctly for files with long file paths.
6. Fixed: JTV files could not be renamed or copied correctly if they had long file paths.
7. Changed: Folder name length of television time-shifting folder (for each time-shifting or recording session) is limited to 50 characters or fewer, to reduce the chance of having super long jtv file paths (some TV show's name field may be over 100 characters long).
8. Fixed: The Full Screen Monitor option in the Tree & View properties was not showing a list of monitors.
9. Changed: On the help menu, added a sub-menu to the "Buy" option that contains the single platform option along with the Master license option.

22.0.105 (4/24/2017)

1. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Fixed: In image editor, the offsets and scrolling weren't right. Image had a weird offset within the display window and after zooming, user often could not scroll to the edge of the image.

22.0.104 (4/22/2017)

1. Changed: When the focus was on any report or list control, the space-bar key was not working as an accelerator for Play/Pause.  Now the only place it doesn't work is in the main tree view where it's used for expand/contract group items.
2. NEW: The television channels list on Manage TV Channels window now has two additional columns - "Channel #" and "Type".  Click any column header sorts the channels according to the column with exception of the first column, which is still a rolling sort column (cycling through "Custom", "by channel name not ignoring the channel number in the name", and "by channel name, ignoring the channel number in name").
3. Changed: Trying again to get printer settings saving.

22.0.103 (4/21/2017)

1. Changed: Television channel custom ordering method was changed.  This is an internal change.  There should be no user noticeable effect.
2. Changed: Added support for customizing the group colors in the new tag window.  Set: <TAGWINDOW><Colors Group="FF00FF" />.
3. Changed: Switched the edit used for searching in the new tag window to a "Search" style from a regular edit style.
4. Changed: On Manage TV Channels window, the television channels list window will not reset to Custom sorting each time some operation (such as grouping, adding or deleting channels) is performed.
5. Changed: When television channels are sorted according to parameters that put channels in large groups (such as Favorite status, Hidden status, or Tuner Type), channels within each group are sorted by channel names instead of leaving them unsorted.
6. Fixed: Image printing wouldn't reliably save and load printer settings on some systems.

22.0.102 (4/19/2017)

1. Changed: Setting the Repeat mode to stop after each item or to repeat the current item will be saved between program runs (previously it would switch to repeating the playlist in those modes).
2. Fixed: The new Action Window Tag page wouldn't always update properly on skin switches.

22.0.101 (4/19/2017)

1. Changed: Adjusted television time-shifting reader filter's logging so it uses the user configured logging verbosity.
2. Fixed: Track Info visualizations could steal the focus on track changes.
3. Fixed: Empty list-type fields wouldn't show in the new Tag Action Window.
4. Changed: List-type fields in the new Tag Action Window are capped at displaying 6 items.

22.0.100 (4/17/2017)

1. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
2. Changed: If "Year Movie was Released" is found in PercData data, it will be saved in Date field.
3. Changed: An option "If channel names include multiple parts separated by '-', use last part of the name" was added for Sat>IP TV channel scanning using server-provided channel list file.
4. Changed: When doing a Sat>IP channel scan with the "short name" option, channel names that begin with "Radio - " will keep the "Radio - " prefix.
5. Changed: Revised the Sat>IP channel to xmltv ID matching to reduce chances of mismatch.
6. Fixed: A user name in the View > User menu with slashes in it wouldn't work properly.
7. Changed: Made the display of a list style field in the new tag window show the list on multiple lines instead of all together with semi-colons.
8. Changed: Television is more robust against a rare race condition when picking tuners for tasks.
9. Fixed: Television did not work for some tuners (HDHomeRun ATSC or DVB tuners for example) since build 98.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 22.0.110 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:14:55 am »

3D playback now appears to be broken.

madVR is configured properly.  my TV kicks into 3D Mode.  madVR says it's in 3D mode (via ctrl-j), however all my MVC encoded MKV rips display 2D.

It's as if the 3D signal is sent but the frame-packed data is not.  i've run the tests provided by nVidia and that works; I've set the desktop to 3D and that works; also tried 3D Blu Ray directly which also works.

nothing else has changed in my system.

this used to work beautifully

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 02:58:28 am »

This still works fine for me, must be something on your end. We also didn't really change anything for quite a while in that area.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:57:40 am »

This still works fine for me, must be something on your end. We also didn't really change anything for quite a while in that area.

ok.  i seem to have fixed it though I don't know the root cause of the issue.

I had to go into the plugin\madvr directory and run the uninstaller.  i then re-installed madvr using the installer in the same directory (this is the madvr version JRiver downloads).

went into JRiver, verified all setttings and noticed that the madvr control panel looked "different" - the tree of options looked "smaller" font than before, but maybe mine eyes deceive me. 

in any case, verified rest of settings, and now everything seems to be working again.

Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp

jack wallstreet

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:15:25 pm »

Update channels doesn't seem to know about 110 yet
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 05:21:42 pm »

Update channels doesn't seem to know about 110 yet
That's intentional.  There were only changes for TV.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 10:18:54 am »

Why would the update channel only include releases for audio?  I think that build 110 should be in the channel.  Every time, I had to manually update all of my devices, including navigating to the forum and downloading.  Build 110 does fix (what I would consider) a major bug, so it should be automatically updated if you have those settings selected.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 02:33:20 pm »

ok.  i seem to have fixed it though I don't know the root cause of the issue.

I had to go into the plugin\madvr directory and run the uninstaller.  i then re-installed madvr using the installer in the same directory (this is the madvr version JRiver downloads).

went into JRiver, verified all setttings and noticed that the madvr control panel looked "different" - the tree of options looked "smaller" font than before, but maybe mine eyes deceive me. 

in any case, verified rest of settings, and now everything seems to be working again.
I agree that somehting seems to have changed with madvr.   I get stuttering (well.. an older image will pop up every 0.5 seconds or so wathcing a video or recording) after a while on 2 different PCs I installed 110 onto. Not an issue on the other PC with .108

I'm rolling back to .108.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 03:06:17 pm »

Nothing regarding video playback has changed in 109 or 110. madVR doesn't need to be installed, MC uses it directly from that directory without installation.
However, one thing should be noted, if you have another installation of madVR somewhere, the settings could collide, so you would be best advised to use the same version in both places.

Its more likely an issue with wonky graphics drivers.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 04:00:15 pm »

In the theater view news reader, reading JRiver Interact, any attempt to expand an entry results in error: "There was a problem loading the full article"

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 07:43:13 am »

I agree that somehting seems to have changed with madvr.   I get stuttering (well.. an older image will pop up every 0.5 seconds or so wathcing a video or recording) after a while on 2 different PCs I installed 110 onto. Not an issue on the other PC with .108

I'm rolling back to .108.

do you use hardware rendering?   i turned that off and now all of my playback issues have ceased.    this fixed my 3D and 2D issues where i watch a mix of each; fixed weirdness i had where certain madvr settings would crash jriver, etc...    it was the secret sauce for me

madvr is awesome but one can spend days getting it set correctly with jriver.

sharok

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 03:55:04 pm »

I use G-Force visualization from Sound Spectrum with my JRiver (JMC 22) and I run it on Windows 7.

After a couple of minutes, I see that when the G-Force scene changes I get some residue at the corners of the TV and they wont go away unless I close the "Display Mode" and re-open it again. Is there any way to fix that?

Is there any other mode in JMC that you'd suggest me to run the G-Force in (full screen)?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 09:46:24 am »

In the theater view news reader, reading JRiver Interact, any attempt to expand an entry results in error: "There was a problem loading the full article"

This will be fixed in the next build of MC23.

Thanks for the report.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 05:00:23 pm »

Small but peculiar visual anomaly running MC 22.0.110 in Windows 10:

Right now I am doing an update of cover art in a bit more than 3 thousand files. Got it started, MC popped up a small dialog showing how total files and counting those completed. I knew it would take a while, so I switched to another window to use my browser (to read this forum). When I switch back to MC, the counting dialog is not there. I see the MC window with everything normal, and Windows spinning action wheel so obviously MC is still working through the files. But I can't find a way to again see MC's dialog box to know how much of the job is done. Perhaps something to fix....

UPDATE: After posting the above I switched back to MC's Window, and then Windows dimmed MC and told me it is not responding, asking do I want to kill it or wait. Of course I chose to wait since I'm confident MC is still working. It would be better if MC could let Windows know if has not died, and reliably show the progress dialog. (Note that the bottom-of-screen dialog MC often uses to show progress is not doing so, it simply shows the total number of tracks I selected for the update.)

Also, Windows Task Bar disappears from MC's window along with the dialog box. But it is OK in other windows (I have to switch windows via Alt+Tab).

And, the same Windows issues (Task Bar disappears, Windows says app is not responding) happens with a long Import process. Either Windows 10 is overly impatient, or MC is not doing whatever Windows expects to indicate activity. I know MC is running (and presumably doing the requested action) because I see hard drive activity, though on-screen it looks quite dead.

Because MC is actually working this might seem trivial. But because Windows suggests that the user should kill MC, it could lead to a variety of user and data problems, including believing that MC is unreliable or broken.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Spike1000

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 07:11:34 am »

Also, Windows Task Bar disappears from MC's window along with the dialog box. But it is OK in other windows (I have to switch windows via Alt+Tab).

This seems to happen when MC experiences some form of 'latency' (updating lots of files, failing hard drive, or just apparently not getting 'something back' in a timely fashion)

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111238.msg768892.html#msg768892

V23 does it as well. It appears to only happen on Windows 10. I don't believe it's on the radar to be investigated/fixed (or at least I've not heard that it's being looked at).

Spike

MusicHawk

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 09:50:23 am »

BUG: File drag-and-drop is unreliable.

When I try to move one or more files this way, in MC's UI, typically viewing Drive folder in the tree, most of the time, it simply fails. MC acts normal, almost. It asks whether I want to Move or Copy; I select Move. The screen flashes as if something happened. But then I realize the files were not Moved.

The few times when it works, there is an additional confirmation. When that does not appear (most of the time), I know that the Move did not happen.

There's no evident problem other than this failure. If I repeat exactly the same action on the same files, usually/eventually (after 3 or 4 tries) the files will Move (preceded by the confirmation dialog). Each time I get the Move/Copy dialog, it's the next step by MC that is hit-or-miss. This partial response by MC seems to rule out any cause other than an oddity within MC. Sure is frustrating....
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 11:00:28 am »

Posted in error....

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 09:21:11 pm »

Were any memory leaks discovered in the last year or so in Media Center 23 (or in madVR) ?

I am still using this MC22 version (since I happen to not need anything added in MC23), and it works fine - as long as one reboots just prior to using it to watch anything relatively demanding in terms of video bitrate.

The TV software is usually used to record something earlier in the day to that evening viewing.

This is on Windows 7 (and 2009 hardware with the last driver set issued for that hardware).

Thanks.

jbranham

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 03:57:47 pm »

My MC22 no longer works and I changed nothing. This is a screenshot of what it tells me

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 06:10:50 pm »

My MC22 no longer works and I changed nothing. This is a screenshot of what it tells me

Are you running MC 22?  Or are you using a different version?  Please read this:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

Villar

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 09:41:51 am »

JRiver 22 not install in the last atualization of Windows 10.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2021, 10:07:25 am »

JRiver 22 not install in the last atualization of Windows 10.
Try as administrator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up