INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.213 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 6572 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a beta release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180213.dmg

18.0.213 (8/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Right clicking in playback display window and choosing "Tag" would cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Filepath() was not functioning properly with user-supplied paths (e.g. filepath(//Users/johnt//foo.mp3)).
3. Fixed: Cover art in Action Window could not be copied to/from the clipboard.
4. Fixed: The "Export playlist" option to use relative paths was not working.
5. Fixed: Apparent z-order problem with auto-import results dialog: it would be invisible and cause the app to look hung.

18.0.212 (8/19/2013)

1. Changed: Improved skin looks more "Mac like".
2. Changed: Sharper text font drawing.
3. Fixed: Custom column sorting window would show up empty.
4. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
5. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that had a copyright atom could cause MC to crash.

18.0.211 (7/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Semi-colon in path names could cause import to not work.
2. NEW: Audio files can be played from Finder.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
5. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
6. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
7. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).

18.0.207 (7/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Mouse scroll wheel wasn't working on OSX 10.6 systems.
2. Fixed: On OSX 10.6 systems, it would appear to hang when trying to quit the program.
3. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
4. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
5. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
6. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis".
7. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"

18.0.206 (6/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Bold and Italic modes chosen in font picking dialog did not get used.
2. Fixed: Font picking dialog did not initialize to the current font settings.
3. Fixed: Text was unreadable in disabled text edit fields.
4. Fixed: Once Cover View was selected, the top line of the display with the 'leave cover view' button was inaccessible so you couldn't exit cover view.

18.0.202 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.
2. Fixed: Media Center was not honoring the typeface chosen in the font picking dialog.

18.0.201 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Trackpad scrolling did not support the fine scrolling mode, so it was difficult to scroll to a particular item in a list.
2. Fixed: Web page titles on tabs were showing extraneous text.
3. NEW: Support for choosing text fonts using the Options dialog 'Select font...' item under Tree & View.
4. Fixed: Tag saving to APE files was not working (Mac only).
5. Changed: Switched the default audio buffering method to 'Hardware default' to work better with devices that don't properly support hardware buffer size changes (configurable in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
6. Fixed: Typing into the Search box could cause crashes when a MC Windows library had been transferred to Mac and it contained long field values (e.g. Lyrics field).
7. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).

18.0.197 (6/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Options dialog could a crash if volume mode was set to disabled.
2. Fixed: Periodic freeze-ups in the DLNA servers (build 196 only).

18.0.196 (6/13/2013)

1. Fixed: SSDP server would die after a varying period of time.

18.0.195 (6/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Library server syncing was not working from a Windows client to a Mac server.
2. NEW: Added support for OGG input format.
3. Changed: Car Radio automatically cleans up duplicate static playlists that used the same index.
4. Changed: SSDP advertisement could hard kill the advertiser in some cases, leaving sockets and/or the internet layer in an undefined state.
5. Fixed: Small icons could draw too large in a details list in some cases.
6. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Changed: When switching tracks that require a hardware stop / start like on a sample rate change, the startup silence option will be honored (silence will be maximum of between track gap and startup silence gap).
9. Fixed: Temp files created for .wvc files are now renamed to their final name when done when encoding Wavpack.
10. Fixed: Empty temp files are no longer created when encoding lossless Wavpack.  
11. Changed: Wavpack files now display compression information.  
12. Changed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, Media Center will use "error free" mode so that playback errors won't cause message boxes to display (since the controller is normally in a different place).

18.0.194 (6/4/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center could become unresponsive to mouse clicks following showing of a pop-up error dialog. Mostly a problem on OSX 10.8.
2. Changed: Fullscreen modes are not always-on-top (please report any focus or z-ordering issues).

18.0.193 (5/31/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio playback was not working correctly in build 192.

18.0.192 (5/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center would appear frozen in certain cases where a pop-up dialog was showing underneath the app and MC would be unresponsive.
2. Fixed: FLAC reference code would crash when encoding when an estimated total size was provided to the encoder, the 'verify' option was enabled, and encoding duration exceeded the estimated duration.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: Stopping or switching tracks during Library Server client playback could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: When overwriting a Car Radio preset, the preset will default to using the same name.

18.0.191 (5/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Webview reload button didn't work and could cause crashes.
2. Fixed: Some local default web pages were missing.
3. Changed: Added more debug logging to try to determine cause of intermittent SSDP failures.

18.0.190 (5/23/2013)

1. Changed: Enhanced WebView to support intercepting link clicks for webradio playback.
2. Fixed: WebView would not get keyboard focus so you couldn't type into web forms.
3. Changed: Added the ability to select the output bitdepth when using Kernel Streaming (Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
4. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
5. Changed: Radio buttons will use multiple lines for their text when necessary instead of truncating the text (helps with large font sizes).
6. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
7. Fixed: If a connection to a Library Server was sporadic, it could lead to cases where a link to external cover art could be lost.
8. Fixed: Mono ALAC files were not being parsed or played correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
10. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
11. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.
12. Changed: When converting a file with a bitdepth greater than 24, the engine will convert to 24-bit (with dither) to feed the encoder (since few encoders support more than 24-bit files).
13. NEW: DSP Studio can be enabled during audio conversion (Library Tools > Convert Format), allowing resampling, channel mixing, convolution, etc.
14. Fixed: A rare crash when parsing certain MP4 audio files.

18.0.187 (5/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing or playing APE format files in OSX 10.6 would crash.
2. NEW:  Internal web browser support.  We still need to implement catching links so we can (for example) make web radio playback easier.
3. Changed: Audio Path will better show when a padded bitdepth (like 24-bit inside a 32-bit container) is in use.
4. Fixed: The phrase "JRSS Subwoofer (x Hz lowpass)" in Output Format configuration could not be translated.
5. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
6. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
7. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.

18.0.182 (5/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Tagging in the action window could crash.

18.0.181 (5/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Some m4a and alac files would not import or play because of a mismatched sample count in the mp4 STTS header.  We now ignore this error since it shouldn't impact playback performance.
2. Fixed: Radio streams would 'click' every few seconds because metadata was not getting parsed out of the stream.

18.0.180 (5/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing properly in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Clicking away from an in-place list edit control would not reliably stop the editing.
3. Fixed: DoP bitstreaming of DSD was not working with some devices.
4. Fixed: Hardware with complex buffer arrangement could crash when playing to only some of the channels.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
7. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.213 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:53:29 am »

A problem with cover art and .aiff files.   Cover art doesn't stick when .aiff files are first imported.    However, if I delete them then import them again and apply cover art it sticks.  Doesn't seem to happen with .flac, .wav, .m4p or .dsf files.   This also happened with the .212 beta.

update:  I fixed it by toggling off the option of writing tags to files.

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:20:13 am »

I clicked the green 'maximize' button while in display view. The display view went full-screen, but no way to get back to the prior display view that I can see. I can get out of display view (Esc key or Command-whatever), but when I go back to display view it is full-screen again.

Also, while I'm on this, looking forward to keyboard commands reading properly for macs (e.g., Command-3 not Ctrl+3), and to the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts for all menu items as is true for most mac apps.

Thank you.

ciamara

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 06:59:27 pm »

The app looks more Mac like now, but still doesn't respond to standard commands, such as COMMAND+Q to quit, etc.  Still looks like a PC app layered onto Mac.  A minor gripe, I realize ...

But on a more important note, we are getting occasional clicks/pops during playback.  Not sure why.  We do not get these clicks/pops with iTunes or iTunes + Audirvana.  Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 08:44:51 pm »

Try adjusting the buffer size for your audio device.

gellie

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 01:49:24 pm »

Hello, just downloaded. I can't seem to figure out how to burn a disc. i have selected a playlist,put in blank disc and i see noe option on the activity pane to burn playlist.am i doing something wrong?

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 01:56:04 pm »

Hello, just downloaded. I can't seem to figure out how to burn a disc. i have selected a playlist,put in blank disc and i see noe option on the activity pane to burn playlist.am i doing something wrong?
Not supported.  Yet.
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

gellie

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 02:28:03 pm »

Thank you. I am also getting periodic messages while playing a album"there was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double0check your device,server and network settings. BTW I'm streaming to Oppo 105. When i hit ok, it seems to move to the next track.

ciamara

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 06:12:58 pm »

Try adjusting the buffer size for your audio device.

Thanks for your reply.  We have tried adjusting the buffer setting, and it actually makes things worse.  The music skips/jumps forward in small lurches of a bout 0.2 to 0.5 seconds.  This happens both with "Maximum" and "Maximum (power of two)".  Thank you.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 07:22:03 pm »

Thanks for your reply.  We have tried adjusting the buffer setting, and it actually makes things worse.  The music skips/jumps forward in small lurches of a bout 0.2 to 0.5 seconds.  This happens both with "Maximum" and "Maximum (power of two)".  Thank you.
Do you have memory play selected? 

BTW-Still want some TAD's.   ;D
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

gellie

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 06:45:12 am »

Thank you. I am also getting periodic messages while playing a album"there was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double0check your device,server and network settings. BTW I'm streaming to Oppo 105. When i hit ok, it seems to move to the next track.

This continues to happen.I get the above message. song stops. I hit ok and it skips to the next track.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 02:01:43 pm »

All my playlists exported from iTunes were emptied after the upgrade; had to re-import

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:25 pm »

This program is working better than I ever dreamed it could.   I have all the essentials working now - iOS JRemote is great, MC 18 working well enough to replace iTunes now except for ripping CDs.  Tagging - absolutely fabulous! It is everything I hoped iTunes would be but never will be because of Apple's focus on the mass market.    Now when are you going to get the video module working?

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 10:52:13 am »

Now back to bugs.   Whenever I change options in Gizmo views the server stops and I have to restart MC in order for JRemote to recognize it.  Not a big deal as I don't anticipate doing this often.

robiediekatze

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 11:41:11 am »

This program is working better than I ever dreamed it could.   I have all the essentials working now - iOS JRemote is great, MC 18 working well enough to replace iTunes now except for ripping CDs.  Tagging - absolutely fabulous! It is everything I hoped iTunes would be but never will be because of Apple's focus on the mass market.    Now when are you going to get the video module working?
ripping should not be done with itunes.
a much better tool for ripping and conversion in the mac world is xld.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 03:47:54 pm »

JRemote will no longer connect after the update. Checked the access key and it is correct.
Gapless does not work!
Using the Mac version. Any help?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 03:58:10 pm »

Please use the JRemote thread for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up