INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.5 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 5475 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.5 for Windows -- Available here
« on: September 09, 2015, 01:10:16 pm »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210005.exe

21.0.5 (9/9/2015)

1. Fixed: The detached display would maximize to the wrong size on mixed DPI multiple monitor configurations.
2. Fixed: Automatic EPG loading with mc2xml did not work for countries where postal codes consist of two parts separated by space (UK, Canada, Ireland, etc.).
3. Changed: Television recording rules that have invalid program ID or channel ID will not be automatically deleted.  They will just be marked as such, so users may choose to fix them manually.
4. Changed: When scheduling or editing an existing scheduled time-based TV recording, the channel drop-box will no longer be disabled.
5. Changed: MC will try finding new bda or WDM TV tuner devices each time it tries to load a tuner for playback or recording.
6. Fixed: Playing a DVB TV channel on a client might fail.
7. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
8. Fixed: The TiVo Server Options dialog could truncate on some displays.
9. Fixed: Settings were not getting restored when restoring a library backup (build 21.0.4 only).
10. Fixed: The 'Server Stopped' message from the TiVo server wasn't translatable.
11. Changed: Updated the 'New / Improved This Version' link in the help menu to point to the version 21 thread.
12. NEW: Added the expression function Translate(...) to give a string to the translation engine.
13. Changed: The text on a list like Gold by Abba can now translate the by string that's in between the artist and album.
14. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

21.0.4 (9/2/2015)

1. Changed: Sorting ignores diacriticals instead of sorting them special.
2. Changed: The ICY metadata reader interprets the data it gets as UTF-8 instead of ANSI (will make some international stations appear more correctly).
3. NEW: Keyboard shortcut Ctrl+B for "Previously played TV channel".
4. Fixed: Auto matching of channels to xmltv IDs in the new mc2xml TV guide method did not work.
5. Fixed: Memory leak in SACD DST decoding.
6. Fixed: MC21 ASIO driver was showing up in list of audio devices.
7. Changed: Changed how device arrival event is handled for video capture (analog TV tuner) devices, so that audio capture devices are not erroneously added to TV tuners list.
8. Fixed: Turning the ASIO driver on or off didn't ask for UAC elevation so the install went into outer space.
9. Changed: Added the stock smartlist 'Audio -- Task -- Missing files'.
10. Fixed: Fixed a typo "Remove from Farvorites".
11. Changed: Removed the 'Help Wiki' link from the help menu since it was the same as Help > Contents.
12. Changed: Added more diagnostic logging for TV recording.
13. Changed: Made some changes in the handling of serving clients live TV from the server.
14. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
15. Fixed: Fix for volume leveling growing out of bounds on track changes.
16. Changed: Bookmarking looks at the playback range when calculating the duration so that files that are just little snips won't bookmark.
17. NEW: Added the output format "Encode as 4xDSD in DoP format" for 4x DoP delivery.
18. Changed: When running mc2xml internally, MC will try fixing empty country code and postal code first, and then -c and/or -g options are skipped if the respective fields are still empty.
19. Changed: The movie lookup code run by Auto-Import will only look a movie up every 30 days (instead of continually).
20. Changed: Added validity check on postal code entered in television setup wizard and on television property page.  Postal code entry is now mandatary.  The degree of validity check depends on country.

21.0.3 (8/17/2015)

1. NEW: Added the choices 176.4 khz and 192 khz to the configure ASIO Line-In dialog.
2. Fixed: After a few hours of running the 3d visualization tunnel would reach the destination and stop (only maybe fixed so testing appreciated).
3. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
4. Changed: Adjusted logging in an effort to diagnose the lost TV tuner problem.
5. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
6. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
8. Fixed: ZoneSwitch was broken and not finding its settings since 21.0.1.
9. Changed: Added all the channels from 10 to 24 by increments of two to the Output Format DSP page.
10. Changed: The option to add Netflix to Theater View has been removed (the item would just get trimmed anyway).
11. Fixed: The recent searches in the search box wasn't working properly.
12. Fixed: Thumbnailing could stall.

21.0.2 (8/5/2015)

1. Changed: Reworked television device change handling.  Hopefully this will fix the "no tuner available" error on some systems after waking up from sleep.
2. Changed: mc2xml option is moved to the top of EPG mode selection page in Television Setup wizard.
3. Fixed: The "Click here for more information about mc2xml" link in Television Setup wizard was a dead link.
4. Fixed: Updated the licensing for version 21 (internal change).

21.0.1 (8/4/2015)

1. NEW: Added the sample rates 705600 and 768000 to the Output Format dialog.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added an image playback mode 'Display images using a 2D renderer' to the options of Images.  Will use a 2D space for rendering instead of a 3D space.  Mostly for Linux / Mac, but please test.
4. Fixed: The Onion would return "No text" for many of the articles in Theater View.
5. Changed: Removed the splash screen because it never showed launching off an SSD anyway, but it would still slow the launch down a little.
6. NEW: Theater View background image slideshows include sidecars that are next to the file.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist function to play a playlist in a specified zone.
8. NEW: Sending files to a particular zone disables Zone Switch from engaging.
9. NEW: Volume Leveling uses the additional Headroom provided by Internal Volume for a more consistent experience on highly dynamic tracks or when downmixing.
10. NEW: Added a 'Clean results' checkbox to the Fill Properties From Filename tool that will fix spacing, capitalization, etc.
11. NEW: Added an expression function Row() that outputs the current row number of a record.
12. NEW: Added the command 'ZoneSwitch...' to the Audio options page.
13. NEW: Added "Play in Media Center" to the root of the explorer context menu.
14. Changed: Made the search suggestions a little wider and fixed the sizing to account for high DPI.
15. Changed: Marked "<unknown album>" and "<unknown name>" for translation.
16. Changed: Marked a bunch of strings in the TiVo server for translation.
17. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
18. Changed: When a zone is cleared, it will clear all the linked zones as well (applies to MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist but also other areas as well).
19. Changed: Added a few more 'o' character variations to the diacritical ignoring code.
20. NEW: Middle-click on a link column will open the link in a new tab.
21. Fixed: Recording of a television program on a grouped channel would incorrectly favor an STB tuner (even if the STB channel was not on top of the group).
22. NEW: MCWS Browse/Children contains more information about the type of the entry, and the PlaylistID if appropriate (only when requesting Version 2).
23. NEW: Keyboard shortcut 'D' for onscreen information display (equivalent to remote control info button) that toggles among "playback position"/"program name"/"program description".
25. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
26. Changed: Added a few more diacriticals to the list of things for ignoring during sorting.
27. Changed: Switched Theater View back to looking only at artist instead of album artist (auto) when doing cover art lookup.
28. Changed: Added a tuner selection page when re-scan for television channels (only applicable in channel types for which multiple tuners are in the same profile), so you can scan for channels using one device, and re-scan using a different device more easily.
29. Changed: Carnac understands the naming template Move Name (Year).
30. NEW: mc2xml is integrated into the program, so it can be used for all your EPG retrieval needs.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

Re: Media Center 21.0.5 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »

Getting a strange bug in options, hopefully it's reproducible and not just me lol

In options, using the search with a term like gap or anything that will bring a checkbox and either untick it or tick it doesn't matter then hit ok. MC won't allow the change but will ask for a valid post code for the tuner profiles (I don't have a tuner in my pc).

Not sure if it's affecting anything else apart from checkboxes, will do some more exploring.

Edit: appears to be affecting any option for me

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »

Getting a strange bug in options, hopefully it's reproducible and not just me lol

In options, using the search with a term like gap or anything that will bring a checkbox and either untick it or tick it doesn't matter then hit ok. MC won't allow the change but will ask for a valid post code for the tuner profiles (I don't have a tuner in my pc).

Not sure if it's affecting anything else apart from checkboxes, will do some more exploring.

Thanks

If you do a search, Television page gets loaded.  That is where you need to enter Postal code.  Enter your postal code there, you will not be asked again.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 01:43:01 am »

Thanks
FWIW it was in the previous release, reported in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99872.msg692130#msg692130

you have the workaround anyway now

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 05:49:00 am »

If you do a search, Television page gets loaded.  That is where you need to enter Postal code.  Enter your postal code there, you will not be asked again.

Its somewhat annoying if you don't even use the TV functionality. Maybe it should accept an empty value as "valid", just to avoid such things?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:32:30 am »

Its somewhat annoying if you don't even use the TV functionality. Maybe it should accept an empty value as "valid", just to avoid such things?

This change was to fix the issue where some Users missed entering the postal code during TV setup process, then when they got to the mc2xml setup/popup window the mc2xml program wouldn't run properly.

Wouldn't allowing an "empty value" nullify the "fix"?

Perhaps the solution involves checking to see if a Tuner card is installed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 08:03:37 am »

This change was to fix the issue where some Users missed entering the postal code during TV setup process, then when they got to the mc2xml setup/popup window the mc2xml program wouldn't run properly.

Yes that was the reason for making the change.  Now I am thinking, it maybe a bit of overkill.  We just need to use other methods of guarding against an empty postal code when doing TV channels or EPG related things.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

markvodhanel

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »

I am having trouble with this 21.0.5 cut.  I think it is coming from the new, tablet support.  It is wreaking havoc on my multi-monitor system.  The primary offense is a lack of compliance for the Tree&View/Full Screen/Monitor setting.  On my multi-monitor system I set it at 'Nearest-Monitor' so when I zoom displays, they zoom to the same monitor.  Right now, no matter where I am, when I double-click on a video window, it opens full screen on my primary monitor.

The windows themselves will not allow themselves to be moved freely from monitor to monitor the way they used to.

Also, the Red October, with hardware acceleration on does not co-operate anymore with my My Nvidia (K4200) driver anymore for its advanced antialiasing capabilities, etc.  This may be a matter of doing a clean install.  I'm a little pressed on time right now.

Anyway, I figured I better get this reported...  Regards, Mark.
Pages: [1]   Go Up