INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Library Showing Up  (Read 3590 times)

Don W

• World Citizen
DLNA Library Showing Up
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:28:14 am »

There is a library showing up in the library list under Playing Now that doesn't have a name. It cannot be renamed, deleted or hidden (the options are grayed out.) When loaded, the library is empty - no media files of any type and no television. It says it's a local library located at "[User]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\DLNA Library\uuid_6F3C....... I tried deleting the physical folder on disk and it was recreated. I tried clearing all TV information and that didn't remove it. The option "Delete Dynamic Libraries" doesn't list it. I noticed it for the first time in version 21.0.4 but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't there earlier. Upgrading didn't fix it. Screen shot attached.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
DLNA Library Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 05:01:00 pm »

There is a library showing up in the library list under Playing Now that doesn't have a name. It cannot be renamed, deleted or hidden (the options are grayed out.) When loaded, the library is empty - no media files of any type and no television. It says it's a local library located at "[User]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\DLNA Library\uuid_6F3C....... I tried deleting the physical folder on disk and it was recreated. I tried clearing all TV information and that didn't remove it. The option "Delete Dynamic Libraries" doesn't list it. I noticed it for the first time in version 21.0.4 but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't there earlier. Upgrading didn't fix it. Screen shot attached.

It looks like your network has found a new device. If you're not sure what it is, you can go onto Google and search for "UPnP Tools for Developers." You'll want to find a program called "Device Spy." If you install and run that, it should be able to find and identify the devices on your network. Just find the device that matches the Unique Device ID - the 6F3DC09E... and figure out what it is.

Otherwise, you should be able to right-click the device in the "Playing From Main Library" tree and select "hide."

Don W

• World Citizen
DLNA Library Showing Up
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 06:47:42 pm »

It looks like your network has found a new device. If you're not sure what it is, you can go onto Google and search for "UPnP Tools for Developers." You'll want to find a program called "Device Spy." If you install and run that, it should be able to find and identify the devices on your network. Just find the device that matches the Unique Device ID - the 6F3DC09E... and figure out what it is.

Otherwise, you should be able to right-click the device in the "Playing From Main Library" tree and select "hide."

Thanks for your reply.

Both the hide and the rename options are grayed out for this item.

I did run device spy. I have an HDHomeRun cable card tuner. It has three tuners built-in. And device spy found three distinct HDHomeRun devices. They are named HDHomeRun DMS 131E3C28, HDHomeRun DRI 131E3C28 and HDHomeRun RUI 131E3C28. I don't know what the DMS, DRI and RUI all stand for, but it is the DMS one that has the indicated unique id for the nameless entry. Notice in the screen shot there is a proper entry for the same DMS tuner. So the same device is being listed twice, once legitimately and once in error.

Another thing probably worth noting is that I have MC installed on another computer on the same network. It lists the same DMS tuner but it lists it only once. Just as it should be.

I tried deleting ALL dynamic libraries (by right clicking on Playing from Main Library) but that didn't work. Both listings were re-created almost instantly.

I don't know if you can do anything about this bug because you probably won't be able to reproduce it. Still, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. At some point I will try uninstalling MC and re-installing it to see if the phantom device goes away.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
DLNA Library Showing Up
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 09:11:34 am »

Thanks for your reply.

Both the hide and the rename options are grayed out for this item.

I did run device spy. I have an HDHomeRun cable card tuner. It has three tuners built-in. And device spy found three distinct HDHomeRun devices. They are named HDHomeRun DMS 131E3C28, HDHomeRun DRI 131E3C28 and HDHomeRun RUI 131E3C28. I don't know what the DMS, DRI and RUI all stand for, but it is the DMS one that has the indicated unique id for the nameless entry. Notice in the screen shot there is a proper entry for the same DMS tuner. So the same device is being listed twice, once legitimately and once in error.

Another thing probably worth noting is that I have MC installed on another computer on the same network. It lists the same DMS tuner but it lists it only once. Just as it should be.

I tried deleting ALL dynamic libraries (by right clicking on Playing from Main Library) but that didn't work. Both listings were re-created almost instantly.

I don't know if you can do anything about this bug because you probably won't be able to reproduce it. Still, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. At some point I will try uninstalling MC and re-installing it to see if the phantom device goes away.

I do not know whether we actually can support the DMS devices.  They may have shown up in the tree by accident.  Our support for the HDHomeRun Prime devices is in the Television area.  Do these tuners show up there and do they work?

I have an HDHomeRun Prime too and I do not see a blank DLNA device.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Don W

• World Citizen
DLNA Library Showing Up
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 10:01:37 am »

I do not know whether we actually can support the DMS devices.  They may have shown up in the tree by accident.  Our support for the HDHomeRun Prime devices is in the Television area.  Do these tuners show up there and do they work?

I have an HDHomeRun Prime too and I do not see an blank DLNA device.

I don't know the difference between the DMS, DRI and RUI. All I know is that it is the DMS device that is listed, twice. Once it is named and can be hidden, renamed, etc., and again where it is not named, cannot be hidden or renamed. As I mentioned, I have another PC on the same network with MC and it shows just the single, named, DMS device. It doesn't show a blank entry. Yes the tuner itself is working. Three devices show up in television setup, as I would expect. None of them indicate whether they are DMS or not, though. They are named "HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131EC28-0 XXX..., HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131EC28-1 XXX... and HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131EC28-2 XXX....

Don W

• World Citizen
DLNA Library Showing Up
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 10:35:16 am »

Here's a couple more bits of information:

When I attempt to load the library that is named "HDHomeRun DMS 131E3C28" an information message popups up that sais: "There was a problem retrieving files from the selected DLNA server. Please ensure that the server you are connecting to supports search, and that it is running properly. You library may be incomplete until you correct the problem and reload the library." Please understand that I did nothing myself to get this library to show up in the list. It did so all by itself...

When I attempt to load the unnamed library, there is no error message. A library is loaded, but it is empty. It has no media files at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up