INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 as a MC client and recording television shows  (Read 3452 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC21 as a MC client and recording television shows
« on: October 07, 2015, 12:03:41 am »

I just started using television recordings capability in MC... so have a basic question.

In my setup, MC21 on my HTPC is typically connected to a MC21 server on a main "media server PC" in the house. My HDTV antenna and OTA tuner card is in HTPC. Can I record television shows if MC21 is in client mode? I tried doing it and didn't record anything - so I was wondering if it is required for MC21 to have loaded a local library for television recordings to happen?

Thanks,
Osho

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC21 as a MC client and recording television shows
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 06:55:03 am »

Sorry, the answer is no.

On a client, you can only watch TV live, using the tuner on the client.  Recordings have to be done on the server, using tuner(s) on the server.

Edit:  I have had some ideas on how this can be improved, but have not been able to prioritize them into actions yet.  Some time in the future...
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:19:33 pm »

No, but you could easily make your HTPC the MC Server, and save all your media, including recorded TV, onto the main "media server PC", which would then be acting as a more traditional file server.

Of course, both the HTPC and the main "media server PC" would need to be running in order for TV recordings to work, or any other MC activity. So if you sleep the HTPC it will wake for TV recordings, but you will need to either leave the main "media server PC" always turned on, or have a way to wake the main "media server PC", quickly, when the HTPC wakes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 01:45:49 pm »

Is this improved in MC22? I would really like the ability to make the MC client be able to record shows as well.

Thanks,
Osho

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 02:07:20 pm »

Not yet.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 10:07:00 pm »

Not yet.

OK, thanks for the response. I look forward to having this feature in not too distant future.

Thanks,
Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up