INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote won't connect with Authentication Enabled (Solved)  (Read 6107 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
JRemote won't connect with Authentication Enabled (Solved)
« on: October 07, 2015, 07:18:32 pm »

Computer running Windows 10.

If I disable "Authentication"  and uninstall / Re-Install JRemote and connect it using "Access Key" then it will connect just fine but I can't make any changes (Ratings etc...)

If I re-Enable "Authentication" and enter in the new password then JRemote won't re-connect stating that the User name or Password is invalid.

I am running latest MC21 on Windows 10 Enterprise computer which has been newly formatted.  I have opened up the 52199 TCP port in firewall.

The password is correct I have tried a different password to be sure if it maybe did not like a special character "!" in it.

Still no go.  JRemote says that it found 2 addresses (Internal / External) and all the processes look find until the Authentication at which time it comes back with the above mentioned error message.

If I disable "Authentication" then it works just fine again except for the above mentioned functions.  Is there another port that needs to be forwarded or opened or something to allow Authentication?

Carl

jctcom

Re: JRemote won't connect with Authentication Enabled
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 12:17:14 pm »

Anyone?

I have seen similar problems with Windows 10.  But nothing specifically related to having Authentication turned on or off.

Carl.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 12:21:21 pm »

I don't know.  Maybe the firewall still?  Or something similar.

jctcom

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 12:23:10 pm »

Is there a different port other than the 52199 that is involved when authentication is turned on?

Carl

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:39 pm »

Just to be super sure about the authentication information...

Try changing the user name and password to something dead simple as a test.  Something like:

username:a
password:b

Then you'll be really sure that it's not a capitalization error, special character, etc.  Make sure CAPS Lock is turned off.  I think two taps on shift turns CAPS lock on, and one tap turns it off.  Make sure it's off.

Brian.

jctcom

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 12:40:41 pm »

Something else that needs to be fixed in JRemote.  Once you can't connect there is no way to delete the listed server and you can't get into the "Settings" to make any changes.

The only option is to delete the App and re-download / install it.

Carl.

jctcom

Re: JRemote won't connect with Authentication Enabled (Solved)
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 12:49:30 pm »

Ok I think I figured it out.  In looking at the results I noticed that the local IP address was not the one I had originally assigned to the computer.  I had recently swapped out the motherboard due to some minor issues.  It was swapped out with the same make and model and I thought the IP settings were stored in Windows but I guess they are somehow stored in the NIC?

Once I set the correct IP address (So that the Port forwarding from the router would actually be pointing at this computer) then it seems to be working now.  Still not sure why it wouldn't connect from the local WiFi though?

I still think that JRemote needs to be fixed though so that if you don't get a connection you can still either delete the server and add another one and/or get to the server settings to make any necessary changes.

Carl

mbalcarek

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 05:38:41 pm »

I am having a similar issue http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101369.0 . In my case the IP address has not changed. Please help.

jctcom

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 05:43:35 pm »

I have also discovered that it does not like a "Space" in the user name anymore.  Not sure if this has changed with an update to MC 21 or an update to JRemote.

But b4 I had my user name set to "First Last" and now I have had to take out the space in order to enable Authentication.  I think this is a bug introduced with update as previously mentioned above.  Not sure which update has caused the issue.

Let me know if this helps for you?

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up