INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.19 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 12993 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.19 for Windows -- Available here
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:52:05 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210019.exe

21.0.19 (10/30/2015)

1. Changed: When TV tuner failure occurs MC will not show a popup since an OSD message is already displayed.  A popup could interfere with attempt to restart the playback.
2. Changed: Holding Ctrl while clicking pane tag checkboxes will enter "list" mode so that you can select multiple genres, etc.
3. Changed: Added "is not" operator for editing TV recording rules involving "Name", "Series", and "Description".
4. Changed: "Modify Rules" is renamed "Edit Rules" on TV subscription wizard page.
5. Fixed: Edit controls in read-only mode allowed backspace to delete characters.
6. Changed: Added text instruction on TV recording rules editing window, regarding AND and OR operations on rules.
7. NEW: Editing a checkbox type field in the new Tag Action Window will show a checkbox instead of a dropbox.
8. Changed: Editing a checkbox type field in Pane tagging is now possible.
9. Changed: Opening the new Tag Action Window with shift held will then always open the new tag window after that (just press shift again to switch back).
10. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
11. Fixed: Flickering screen on the edges when playing video on certain computers in Red October Standard, in build 18.
12. Changed: Improved duplication avoidance when dealing with subscription television recording rules with "all channels" option.
13. Fixed: WebGizmo did not work in recent builds.
14. Fixed: Video transcoding profiles which used MP2 or MP3 audio did not function properly.

21.0.18 (10/26/2015)

1. Changed: When picking 'Convert Format' the Action Window page will blink to make it more obvious where the focus should be.
2. Fixed: Action Window pages weren't blinking properly.
3. NEW: Improved support for video seeking with DLNA renderers which do not support time-based seeking (ie. byte-seeking).
4. Changed: Allowing 'Concert' media sub types in the Get Movie & TV Info... tool.
5. Changed: Made the step size of the OSD when controlling color controls smaller.
6. Fixed: HEVC 10-bit hardware decoding is supported in Red October Standard on supported hardware.
7. Fixed: Image playback wasn't disabling the system from sleeping.
8. NEW: A new system for setting up television subscription recording.
9. Fixed: RAW images could have thumbnails that were rotated incorrectly (hopefully fixed, but feedback appreciated).
10. Changed: TV subscription recording rule name and program name are independent of each other and can be independently edited on the subscription wizard.
11. Changed: The "Channel" multiple-selection drop list for search based subscription on TV recording wizard now uses "selected items on top" style.
12. Changed: The XML files created by mc2xml will be deleted 24 hours after they are created, instead of waiting until MC restarts (but restarting MC will delete them too).
13. NEW: If a TV tuner fails to play a TV channel, MC will put it in an error state temporarily, and retry playing, so it will find another tuner for the job.
14. Fixed: Using the Move/Copy Fields tool on the Date field would end up with wacky values in the date (because it's actually a floating point number) instead of taking the value and interpreting it as a date.

21.0.17 (10/20/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
2. Fixed: Sibelius was not running with the ASIO driver installed.
3. Changed: 4K Hardware accelerated decoding is enabled in Red October.
4. Fixed: Streaming video to JRemote or Gizmo could get disrupted near the end of the video in recent versions.
5. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
6. Changed: PercData download cache files are deleted
24 hours after being created.
7. Fixed: LibRAW could crash when opening files.
8. Changed: Doing a delete from the library will not offer the option to delete or recycle the underlying file if the selection set contains a particle.

21.0.16 (10/16/2015)

1. Changed: The height of "Manage Channels" window is reduced so that the buttons in the bottom will not be pushed off screen when a reasonably large font is used.
2. Changed: Added a couple of tool tips in television subscription wizard.
3. Fixed: The "Compare fields:" drop list on television subscription wizard page was not initially grayed out when "Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" was not selected.
4. Fixed: Hitting Ctrl+P in Theater View's Playing Now could cause start up silence to be skipped.
5. Changed: The output xmltv file of mc2xml will not be deleted until MC is restarted.
6. Changed: When loading EPG in MC2XML mode, the wait message "Loading EPG data.  MC2XML provider token: xxxxxxxx" will remain on display more reliably.
7. Fixed: Images in Theater View could draw improperly in certain cases.
8. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).

21.0.15 (10/14/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP presets set for video files didn't load properly.
2. Changed: The PercData genres for TV programs are saved in Keywords tag, to be consistent with treatment of XMLTV data.
3. Changed: Mapped more XMLTV program "categories" to MC Genre field.
4. Fixed: DVB TV channels with video PID equal to 0x1fff were not marked as audio-only (and thus were not played correctly).
5. Fixed: Drop panes weren't working properly.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
7. Fixed: Webpage playback could result in a black screen until the player was resized.
8. Fixed: PercData EPG data had time shifted by a few hours.
9. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
10. Fixed: Made the ASIO driver work with Sony Movie Studio.

21.0.14 (10/12/2015)

1. Fixed: WTV files didn't play on Library Server Clients without direct files access.
2. Fixed: Typing the value [Varies] into a field for editing didn't work.
3. Changed: Stopping video playback when using madVR would paint the splash screen of the video, but now that drawing is disabled.
4. NEW: PercData.com EPG data service is integrated in MC.
5. Fixed: Setting up DVB-S/C or QAM tuners when there are already existing similar hardware profiles could lead to crash.
6. Fixed: Unchecking a Linkwitz-Riley filter wouldn't stop it from processing.
7. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
8. Changed: Theater View only takes sidecar art that's of the name [Name][extra stuff].[extension] so that it won't get false matches when a lot of videos are stored next to each other.
9. Changed: Webpage files (htm and html) play inside the player in the internal browser instead of launching a web browser application.
10. Changed: Switched the naming of the dither mode option to 'Dither Mode (not zone-specific)' so that it's clearly labeled as not zone specific.
11. Fixed: A little typo 'Channel gouping' instead of 'Channel grouping'.
12. NEW: The 'Manage Plug-ins' button in DSP Studio has an option 'Show Always On Top' to make DSP Studio a top-most window.
13. NEW: Expressions can take the data type &DataType=[Day] to be the day of a week name and then the sorting will be correct.
14. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks bytestar).

21.0.13 (10/09/2015)

1. Fixed: Encoding a DVD profile used the wrong video dimensions in 21.0.12.
2. Fixed: Encoding MPEG-2 video did not use multi-threading in 21.0.12 (and was thus slower than expected).
3. Fixed: Deinterlacing was not activated reliably when transcoding.
4. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir).
6. Changed: Updated to the latest version of LibRaw.
7. Changed: Tuned the H.264 video conversion profiles to make better use of their allocated bandwidth (slightly increases quality across the board).
8. Fixed: Video Transcoding could get stuck at 0% if opening the encoder failed (instead of showing the failure in the UI).

21.0.12 (10/08/2015)

1. Changed: Picking a smaller number of Car Radio buttons no longer deletes the playlists above that number.  It'll leave them so if you set the count higher they'll come back.
2. Changed: Added an on-screen message "Waiting for signal lock..." when TV waits for signal for longer than 6 seconds.
3. NEW: Added 'Initial Key' field and support for the appropriate tags in MP3/ID3, FLAC, M4A and WMA.
4. Changed: Re-designed video transcoding engine (internal change).

21.0.11 (9/30/2015)

1. Changed: Put a dash in the naming of Linkwitz-Riley.
2. Changed: Reworked the w64 changes from the previous build.
3. Changed: Setting the playback range for a file automatically sets the duration of the file to reflect that change.
4. Fixed: Stopping playback by clearing Playing Now with a big pre-buffer set and a fadeout on stop mode set would hang a little while.
5. Changed: Made some adjustments to the way borders are handled to resolve a compatibility issue with custom skins, and reduced the height of the resizing zone for the bottom border.
6. Fixed: The EPG scheduling time controls were not grayed out when Load Program Guide window was initially displayed with "Automatically load program guide everyday in the background" checkbox unchecked.
7. Changed: On Load Program Guide window, if none of the guide loading modes is selected, the "Run selected profiles now" checkbox will be grayed out.
8. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
9. NEW: RIFF Metadata Tags in W64 files are imported into the library.
10. Changed: Added more diagnostic logging entries for TV recording cleanup.
11. Changed: Marked the strings "Parameters" and "Examples" in the expression tooltip for translation.
12. Changed: Marked the string "Max" for translation in the CD burning options page.
13. Changed: Ran all the translation files through the source code translation engine to update the strings in the file.
14. Fixed: The "Set As Desktop Background" dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
15. NEW: Added a right-click menu to the Car Radio buttons that offers a choice of how many buttons to show.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

robydago

Re: Media Center 21.0.19 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 12:16:22 pm »

21.0.18 (10/26/2015)

9. Fixed: RAW images could have thumbnails that were rotated incorrectly (hopefully fixed, but feedback appreciated).

Just tested it. It works. Thanks a lot.

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »

Still a bug: first track played to my Sonos speaker via a remote doesn't have it's play stats updated.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 04:03:24 am »

issue with theatre view and playing now described in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101162.0 (with logs)

The RomDoodle!

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 08:03:48 am »

MC:

I don't know if this has been covered yet, but the auto backup of the media library appears to have disappeared (or stopped working).  In the past I noticed an almost daily auto backup of the media library.

After installs on other systems, still the same issue.  I don't think I'm doing anything wrong or different.  Thoughts?...

-Rommie

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 08:37:46 am »

wer

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 09:07:41 pm »

Certain videos (DVD rips) do not de-interlace properly in Red October-HQ, with MC 21.0.19.

The only way to get the videos to deinterlace properly is to force MadVR into film mode, and that has side effects.  The other deinterlacing options available do not fix the problem.

This is an introduced problem, because RO-HQ in MC 16.0.181 played the same files perfectly without any tweaking. I can't be more specific on when it was introduced, sorry.

RO-Standard does not play the videos properly in either version.  I never considered that a problem because I assumed that MadVR's greater "intelligence" was necessary.  But now in MC21, something is causing that to no longer work either.  Because RO-Std does not deinterlace them properly either, I'm assuming this is not strictly a MadVR issue.

I can provide samples if required, but standard def DVDs that exhibit this problem are:
The Red Violin, The Hunt for Red October, Ghostbusters, Prizzi's Honor, The Matchmaker, The Field, La Femme Nikita

Thanks...

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 12:33:30 am »

2. Changed: Holding Ctrl while clicking pane tag checkboxes will enter "list" mode so that you can select multiple genres, etc.

I am not sure if I understood correctly. Does the above mean that the Pane View with the drop down menu (the one with the search fields) we can make multiple selections at each field?

GoodEnoughGear

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 08:14:03 am »

I'm not sure if this bug is logged:

I have a library of WAV CD images and CUE files. The CUE file track titles allow characters such as "?" which are illegal characters for file names in Windows. I sync and convert with LAME to a Windows tablet and MC uses the track name in the CUE file as part of the MP3 file name. If one of these illegal characters is in the CUE track name, the convert and transfer fails and the track remains in the sync queue.

I'd like the option of either a standard escape equivalent, a customizable equivalent list or addition of a File Name Rule as is used for CD Ripping to compensate for this.

Thanks

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 08:48:28 am »

+1 in not understanding.
Actually I have no idea what\where this is supposed to do\be.
Can anyone clarify?

Open a Panes view that shows a list type field in one of the Panes.  Genre is a very good example; it's a list type field.  Now, enable panes tagging (Edit > Tag).  Click on a file in the file list.  Now you can click on the check boxes next to the values in the Genre field in order to set the Genre.  With me so far?

But what if you want to set 2 or 3 genres?  Try as you might, you can only click *one* check box next to one value for genre.  Until now!  Hold down control while clicking and you can select multiple values for genre.  So you can set Gov't Mule to be Jam Rock, Blues, and Southern Rock (for example).

This should work for other list type fields in a Panes view also.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 10:19:55 pm »

When searching in Standard View under Video, with the Shows or Files view displayed, MC used to prioritise matching Series to the top of the search result Suggestions list.

As of MC21.0.19 or a recent version, MC just shows Episodes that match, and doesn't show the series at all.
See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101281.0
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 12:23:30 am »

Please don't start or continue discussions in this thread.  That's requested in the first post.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 02:22:34 pm »

Certain videos (DVD rips) do not de-interlace properly in Red October-HQ, with MC 21.0.19.

The only way to get the videos to deinterlace properly is to force MadVR into film mode, and that has side effects.  The other deinterlacing options available do not fix the problem.

What side effects (other than with watching "videos")?

This is an introduced problem, because RO-HQ in MC 16.0.181 played the same files perfectly without any tweaking. I can't be more specific on when it was introduced, sorry.

RO-Standard does not play the videos properly in either version.  I never considered that a problem because I assumed that MadVR's greater "intelligence" was necessary.  But now in MC21, something is causing that to no longer work either.  Because RO-Std does not deinterlace them properly either, I'm assuming this is not strictly a MadVR issue.

I can provide samples if required, but standard def DVDs that exhibit this problem are:
The Red Violin, The Hunt for Red October, Ghostbusters, Prizzi's Honor, The Matchmaker, The Field, La Femme Nikita

Thanks...

Do you have any DVD's that work correctly (deinterlace) - or are only the ones listed having problems?

wer

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 04:25:54 pm »

Do you have any DVD's that work correctly (deinterlace) - or are only the ones listed having problems?

Yes, lots work just fine; the majority work fine.  And 100% of them worked fine in MC16, as I said.  It's only now that I've installed MC21 that I'm seeing deinterlacing issues with some of them.  I also tried re-ripping some of the problem ones with MakeMKV (the old ones were ripped with DVD Decrypter); the new rips showed exactly the same behavior, so it seems there was no mistake with the original rips...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »

Yes, lots work just fine; the majority work fine.  And 100% of them worked fine in MC16, as I said.  It's only now that I've installed MC21 that I'm seeing deinterlacing issues with some of them.

In that case then your issue isn't specifically with this build of MC21, but with support for those files in general. Start a new thread specifically for the topic.

The build threads are best used for build-specific issues (things related to the changes in that particular version of MC). If it is for longer-term issues, or things "bigger than" the current build, then it should go in its own thread.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

R-ed

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 12:46:11 am »

when click on close button of options window, it keep asking about making changes even if there's nothing changed. if you keep click it, the warning keep popup. it seems wrong behaviour, at least for me.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 03:02:03 am »

when click on close button of options window, it keep asking about making changes even if there's nothing changed. if you keep click it, the warning keep popup. it seems wrong behaviour, at least for me.

It is a bit like opening an old Excel files with a new version of Microsoft Excel. Even though you haven't changed anything, the program has changed some minor thing.

Just exit using the OK or Cancel buttons instead of the Windows Close icon [X], and all will be fine.

PS: Also, this is not a bug so it should not be posted in this thread, which is just for discussing bugs.  As per the first post, start a new thread for non-bug questions like this.
This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 10:10:12 am »

If you click the close button on Options, it will always ask.  It doesn't have a way to check for real changes, so it just has to always ask.

But you can say "Always use this answer" if it bothers you.  Or you can click the "OK" or "Cancel" buttons.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 12:22:01 pm »

If you click the close button on Options, it will always ask.  It doesn't have a way to check for real changes, so it just has to always ask.
I would think that the usual method is to just have a variable "ChangeFlag" that starts out at zero.  In all the code that changes anything in the Options, it changes "ChangeFlag" to one.

Then when you exit:

If ChangeFlag > zero, Then goto Ask-Whether-To-Save.
Pages: [1]   Go Up