INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continue viewing TV when pulling up EPG  (Read 3726 times)

brett

• Recent member
Continue viewing TV when pulling up EPG
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:31:33 pm »

I've played around and searched and have not been able to figure out if there is a way to continue to watch TV when you pull up the EPG rather than having the TV stream pause. I can manually make it happen, but I can figure out how to make it the default behavior. Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Continue viewing TV when pulling up EPG
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 12:49:50 am »

This setting, posted just yesterday. My reply #9.

On your earlier comment in the "Why did you choose JRiver?" topic, you are going to have a bit of a learning curve with MC. Some of the Wiki articles are out of date, because the software changes quickly, and they are mostly written by volunteer users. Don't give up. Particularly in the TV functionality area. Use the latest stable version, as TV functionality is changing rapidly.

A Plex server with various front ends and devices was my second choice after JRiver MC, a couple of years ago. Based on what other people have said since, I think my choice has been vindicated, although there are good and bad features in both.

Good luck. Keep asking questions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

brett

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 06:09:51 pm »

Perfect. Not sure how I missed that one. Thank you.

I'm not giving up because I already bought a license and I have JRiver doing about 90% of what I want it to do. There is so much here I'll probably be tweaking it forever.  :)

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 09:23:05 am »

Works great! But how do I get back to watching that channel? On WMC, I could scroll the cursor to the small live window and press "OK" to return it to fill screen.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:51:29 am »

Brett,
I'm trying to follow/understand this Thread.

Are you in "Standard View > Television" where you select a TV show/program then hit "watch" and then "Detach the View" to get the small display window ?

Or are you are in "Theater View" and want to bring up the EPG guide without stopping the current playing TV show?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »

Or are you are in "Theater View" and want to bring up the EPG guide without stopping the current playing TV show?

I believe this is the correct scenario. Well actually, he is in Display View watching TV, probably live or Time Shifted, and he probably got there from Theatre View, through the Guide. Then he presses the Guide button on the remote to see what else is on. But the process, and the setting I mention in the linked thread, works the same if you start playing something in Standard View, then press the Guide button, then want to get back to Display View again.

Brett can confirm.

Works great! But how do I get back to watching that channel? On WMC, I could scroll the cursor to the small live window and press "OK" to return it to fill screen.

If you have an MCE remote, just press the big green button and MC will toggle through recent displays, up to three I believe, and so you can get back to Display View. On my system, if I go from live TV to Guide, I only need one press of the big green button to get back to the TV channel playing.

If you don't have a remote with a big green button, then a button with the assigned command "Media Center" does the same thing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 09:17:29 am »

You can also scroll to the program you're watching in the guide and select it / press play.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 02:43:56 pm »

Sometimes I don't remember which channel number I was watching, so it is handy to be able to get back to the current live channel without hunting for it in the guide.

For Harmony remote users without a green MCE button, the "Menu" button will return you to the current live view if the remote is programmed to control a standard media center PC.

brett

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 07:24:34 pm »

Yes, when I was watching in Theater View the stream would pause when I pulled up the guide. The suggestion from RoderickGI was exactly what I was looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up