INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moved MP3 Files from E: to S: and Need to Change the Filename Ref (Resolved)  (Read 2383 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen

Due to circumstances too complex to explain here, I had to reinstall Vista and MC21. Before the reinstall my music files were located on E:, and I did a file backup of the MP3s to S:.

E: is no longer accessible. Since the filename field in MC references E: for all MP3s I can no longer play those files.

I think I need to change the references from E: to S: but I'm not sure how to do so. I have over 10,000 files. What should I do?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Pick all the files and right-click.

Library Tools > Rename, Move & Copy Files
Update database to point to new location

Check "Find & Replace"

Type E:\ to S:\
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

What Matt said.

...and:

1.  Make a Library backup first!  File > Library > Backup library.  In case you mess up, you can restore this.
2.  Test the Find and Replace with a few files first.  Look at the preview window on the right to make sure it looks correct.

Good luck.

Brian.

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen

What Matt said.

...and:

1.  Make a Library backup first!  File > Library > Backup library.  In case you mess up, you can restore this.
2.  Test the Find and Replace with a few files first.  Look at the preview window on the right to make sure it looks correct.

Good luck.

Brian.

Thank you for telling me to test the Find and Replace. I did that on one file and messed up. Then I did it for all files and I can now play them.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up