INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Images when the Artist has accented characters don't display  (Read 2087 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

I have Artist images working well with almost my whole library.  I see the Artist image from the Cover Art/Artists directory for just about every artist.  The only ones that don't work are artists that have accented characters in their names.  For example:  Sigur Rós .  I've tried replacing the accented characters with their non-accented equivalents.  I've tried cutting and pasting the exact artist name from MC into the file name.  So far I can't get them to display.

Does anyone else see this behavior?  Or is there something else I should be doing?

I'm posting this in the MC21 for windows forum because I'm not sure how this works and whether it's a universal behavior, or whether this is Mac specific.  (I use MC21 for Mac).

Thanks,

Brian.

blgentry

Re: Artist Images when the Artist has accented characters don't display
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 12:00:32 pm »

I'm still seeing this exact behavior.  I've tested by changing the Artist name and the Image file name to use non-accented characters, and the images then display.  But if the Artist Name has accented characters, I can't get an image to display.

Has anyone noticed this in their library?  If it's Mac specific, I guess I should start a new thread in the Mac forum.  I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm or deny this behavior in their library.

Thanks,

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:18:12 pm »

I couldn't find an artist with an "ó", and have to go out, so no time to test with a fake. Works for me with Beyoncé though?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 12:28:35 pm »

Sinéad Quinn and Zoë work too...

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 12:43:21 pm »

Sounds like it's Mac specific then.  Starting a new thread now...

Thanks Marko!

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up