INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.39 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 10086 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.39 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:49:30 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210039.exe

21.0.39 (1/21/2016)

1. Changed: For television recording rule setup, integer comparison is allowed for [Season] field.  Now one can set up rules that allow recording of a series with [Season] higher than 15, or [Season] is higher than 8 and lower than 12, etc.
2. Fixed: Mixed artist albums would display as multiple albums on library server clients that didn't use the same directory separator as the server.
3. Changed: DVB-S tuner type is enabled for all countries on Television Setup wizard.
4. Fixed: Text spacing could be off a little in build 38.
5. Changed: Mouse wheel in television playback is handled in the same way as in video file playback.  Mouse wheel without CTRL or SHIFT key skips forward/backward.  Mouse wheel with SHIFT or CTRL key down zooms video.
6. Changed: In Theater view television guide, shows that are to be recorded as part of a subscription will have an orange circle in front of the show name, in stead of a read circle for one-time recordings.
7. Changed: The behavior of pressing record button on remote control in Theater view televsion guide is changed.  If the show has not been scheduled to be recorded yet, pressing the record button sets the show to be recorded.  Pressing the button on a show already scheduled for one-time recording changes the one-time recording to a subscription.  Pressing the button on a show scheduled for subscription cancels the subscription.
8. Changed: The Unswap expression function understands Jr., Sr., etc. and does the unswapping special when those are present.

21.0.38 (1/18/2016)

1. NEW: Added "Season" to television recording rule setup.
2. Fixed: Some music channels from some cable providers played intermittently when played near live position.
3. NEW: Added a MCWS function File/SetImage to set the image for a file (base 64 encoded image as the image parameter).
4. Fixed: Processing the previous and next file would cause the desktop to blink.
5. Fixed: Cover art embedded in FLAC files wouldn't always be found.
6. Fixed: The OSD would switch between "Shifted 1 seconds" and "Live" when playing TV close to live.
7. Changed: Added the PlaylistType parameter to the Playback/PlayPlaylist command so that it's possible to start playback by a playlist name instead of playlist ID.
8. Fixed: The Theater View News plugin could draw with a really big gap on the left with high resolution displays (only maybe fixed so testing appreciated).
9. NEW: Added MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_VIDEO_ZOOM (28038) to set the zoom for a playing video.
10. Changed: When starting Play Doctor playback from a right-click "More Play Options" on the current file, it will play out and then the results will play.

21.0.37 (1/14/2016)

1. Fixed: The Digital Signature of Media Center was invalid since January 1st (only affects builds 21.0.31 and newer).

21.0.36 (1/13/2016)

1. Changed: When a search for television programs in Standard view does not find any programs, the text message in the Programs window is changed to "Search did not find any matching programs" instead of "Double-click here to set up a program guide."  Double-clicking will do nothing.
2. Changed: Made the OS detection function log what the two OS versions are if they're different before showing the message.
3. NEW: ">>" and "<<" keys on remote control shift Theater View television guide to the right (left) 24 hours.
4. Fixed: Panes display wasn't obeying the selected expression to display selected in Edit Category.

21.0.35 (1/12/2016)

1. Fixed: Showing and hiding the tree would result in Action Window pages not redrawing properly.
2. Fixed: Bookmarking could be wrong after watching a TV program that was currently being recorded if the recording had been started later than the program start time.
3. Changed: Recording Rule ID is now viewable for media type "Video" in addition to media type "TV".
4. Fixed: Starting playback from the command line of audio files would jump to fullscreen (but we only wanted to do that for images).
5. NEW: Added a mid-side encoding DSP to Parametric Equalizer.
6. NEW: The action for a files command in MCWS accepts "m3u" to create an m3u format playlist.
7. Fixed: Audio could hiccup between tracks in recent builds.

21.0.34 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: Searching for -1 didn't work properly.
2. Fixed: Picking users accounts wasn't working.

21.0.33 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: A bookmarking bug when playing a TV show currently being recorded.
2. Changed: Double-clicking an image from Explorer will now launch fullscreen mode even if the program is sitting in Playing Now.  You might need to double-check the "Options > General > Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally" option.
3. Changed: Further adjustments to the way searches are handled to improve the accuracy of the results on larger libraries.
4. Changed: Made the AA plugin a bit smaller using the new build framework.

21.0.32 (1/6/2016)

1. Changed: The position OSD updates the position continually as it's showing instead of just showing a static snapshot.
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor dialogs could be squashed horizontally by user resizing, making them unreadable.
3. NEW: When in Standard Television view, the Delete key on keyboard will delete selected recorded TV shows and selected recording rules.
4. Changed: "Done" button on Manage TV Channels dialog window is renamed "Close".
5. Changed: Reduced the size of MFC executables using the new framework.

21.0.31 (1/4/2016)

1. Changed: The tooltip text on the system tray can be longer (128 characters instead of 64 characters).
2. Fixed: Window placement was not getting saved when modeless dialogs closed.
3. Changed: Added a value of 15 seconds into the ladder of times to wait when switching the display.
4. Changed: On Manage Channels window the channel list header code "(12-3 ABC)" is changed to "(123 ABC)" for channels sorted by name (with channel number in front).
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.
6. Fixed: Video files without audio did not convert successfully.
7. Fixed: Media Center would sometimes select the wrong audio streams during video playback when no preferred audio language was configured.
8. Fixed: Some web radio URLs would not open but instead hang the program forever.
9. Changed: Built using the new development framework.
10. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.30 (12/22/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio was blinking with VST effects installed (the fix is wider and might also make drawing in general more efficient).
2. Fixed: When a TV channel was being watched on a single client at the same time also watched on the server, changing channel on either the server or the client would cause the channel changed on the other computer.
3. Fixed: Logging could crash MC under some circumstances.
4. NEW: Added a command MCC_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW_GRIDS_CHANNEL_NAME (30026) to toggle Theater view guide grid's "hide channel names when channel logos are available" setting.
5. Changed: Made the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool no longer available when connected to a server (because the results were confusing anyway).
6. Fixed: When playing a TV show that was being recorded, MC could hang with a black screen and normal sound.  (possibly only with madVR).
7. Changed: Increased the number of "Wait after change" values in Options > Video.
8. Fixed: VST effects could be corrupted.

21.0.29 (12/17/2015)

1. Fixed: In Theater View Guide television shows associated with channels that had been put in groups as non-top members were still included, and displayed in grids, but were not playable.
2. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions ProgramChannelNumber and IsOnNonTopGroupedChannel.
3. Fixed: The word "Live" was appended to the time on position OSD for all non-TV video playback (only in build 28).
4. Fixed: Potential worker thread hang in CListener class, also a potential memory leak.
5. Fixed: Television channel logos did not show in Theater View guide grids on client machines.
6. Fixed: Clearing the playback range field on a file could cause the program to go into an infinite loop in certain cases.
7. Fixed: In rare cases television time-shifting/recording folder got shared with two simultaneous recordings of the same title, resulting in both recordings not watchable.
8. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.

21.0.28 (12/14/2015)

1. Fixed: The Chromium Web Engine did not render properly on HighDPI displays.
2. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.89.17.
3. Fixed: Pressing delete during an image slideshow was no longer working (the fix meant reenabling the delete shortcut in fullscreen but then ignoring the command if it comes and the UI is fullscreen -- testing appreciated)
4. NEW: Added MCC_CLOSE_QUICK_SEARCH to close the quick search box (21034).
5. Changed: TheTVDB lookup can look up tracks that don't have a season or episode number and will now look up just by the episode name.
6. Changed: Library Server Sync is more robust against sync errors when the Library Server is restarted.
7. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Changed: Playlist deletions get properly synced from and to Library Server clients.
9. Changed: When showing playback position OSD (using up or down arrow) for television shows, time-shifting between 1 and 59 seconds are shown as " shifted xx seconds".  Previously only time-shifting larger than 1 minute was shown.  Also if the time-shifting is less than one second, the word "Live" is shown.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RD James

Re: Media Center 21.0.39 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:30:24 am »

This bug that was fixed in 21.0.11 seems to be back.

Quote from: Matt
4. Fixed: Stopping playback by clearing Playing Now with a big pre-buffer set and a fadeout on stop mode set would hang a little while.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:32:43 am »

This bug that was fixed in 21.0.11 seems to be back.

For me it waits for the duration of the fadeout and then clears.  That seems pretty reasonable.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:34:49 am »

For me it waits for the duration of the fadeout and then clears.  That seems pretty reasonable.
It's freezing the player for the full 20 seconds for me.

RD James

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 11:45:08 am »

Something weird is going on.
I even went back to 21.0.11 and I'm still getting this 20 second freeze.
If I change stop to be immediate instead of fade, it doesn't freeze.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 11:49:16 am »

I think it will be fixed next build:
Fixed: Clearing Playing Now from the right-click menu with something playing would take a long time if there was a big prebuffer setting and a fadeout on stop mode.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 12:14:44 pm »

when pressing the red button for subscriptions the row you were editing scrolls off the page so you end up on the wrong row

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 12:17:51 pm »

9. NEW: Added MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_VIDEO_ZOOM (28038) to set the zoom for a playing video.

Hi Matt,

I have tried this and cannot get it to work correctly. The image went super small when I sent 100. I have tried everything so I can just send the /MCC 23038,? to set the zoom to 130% which seems to be the optimum for my TV.

John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 12:55:59 pm »

100 should be fit to the window.  It is for me.

Doing bigger than 100 makes the image smaller.

And doing less than 100 makes the image bigger.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »

when pressing the red button for subscriptions the row you were editing scrolls off the page so you end up on the wrong row

This is a known issue.  I will be working on it soon.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »

4. Fixed: Processing the previous and next file would cause the desktop to blink.

Fixed.... thanks.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 07:10:54 pm »

I suspect this is a long-standing issue, but I just discovered it tonight while making some changed to my Theater View display.  I have an item under Video > Movies called "Recent" and I want it to show me the movies I'm recently imported, in descending order.  I use an expression and select Date Imported with descending as the sort option, then select Name as the display value.  When I look at this view in Theater View, it seems to be sorting by day/month imported, ignoring year.  Meaning a movie I imported on 12/30/2012 is the first movie listed, and not the most recent movie I imported which is dated 1/18/2016.

I didn't see any fields to designate full date instead of month/year, so I assume this is just a bug in the system.
pretend this is something funny

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 06:00:20 pm »

5. Changed: Mouse wheel in television playback is handled in the same way as in video file playback.  Mouse wheel without CTRL or SHIFT key skips forward/backward.  Mouse wheel with SHIFT or CTRL key down zooms video.
LOVE this feature :) Thanks so much.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »

Bug-

The tag values for the fields Total Discs and Total Tracks are not written to file.  Either when updated on a music file or during the ripping process.  The Library value is updated, but they aren't reflected in the file(s).  Also happens when you "Update Tags from Library Values" after making a change in the Library. All appropriate "update tags" preferences are checked.

** ADDED **
...regardless of music file type (ALAC, MP3)

Tom

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 10:20:48 am »

Bug-

The tag values for the fields Total Discs and Total Tracks are not written to file.  Either when updated on a music file or during the ripping process.  The Library value is updated, but they aren't reflected in the file(s).  Also happens when you "Update Tags from Library Values" after making a change in the Library. All appropriate "update tags" preferences are checked.

** ADDED **
...regardless of music file type (ALAC, MP3)

Tom

Those fields aren't flagged for saving in the tag.

You can change it by:
Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields... > Pick the fields > Check 'Save in file tags (when possible)'.

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 06:29:26 pm »

Those fields aren't flagged for saving in the tag.

You can change it by:
Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields... > Pick the fields > Check 'Save in file tags (when possible)'.

Thanks, Matt.  Appreciate the quick reply.

Since those fields are considered by some to be part of the "core" tags, it may be helpful to change the default settings to include them in the fields that are saved automatically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up