INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ceton and windows 10  (Read 23321 times)

Karl Beem

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Ceton and windows 10
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:54:02 pm »

MC works great with my Ceton devices in Win7.  Has anyone got Ceton working in Win10.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ceton and windows 10
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:01:47 pm »

Do you mean Ceton Infinitv tuner? Which one? PCI or ETH?

Do you mean MC Server or MC Clients?

I have Ceton 6ETH setup on Win7 64 machine for MC Server. Then I have three Win10 64 MC Clients that work fine accessing the tuners and recorded shows via the Server Library.

I also had the Ceton Diagnostic Utility installed on my Win7 64 laptop, then upgraded it to Win10 64, and the utility still runs and recognizes the 6ETH.

I am planning to update the Win7 MC Server to Win10. Do not foresee any issues.

Have you actually tried installing the Win7 Ceton software installer on Win10 machine?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Ark :D

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 08:21:39 am »

MC works great with my Ceton devices in Win7.  Has anyone got Ceton working in Win10.

Yup.

Karl Beem

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:41:23 pm »

I have a PCIe4 card and an  ETH6 device.  Five Win7 Pro boxes have Ceton installed and function as MC servers.  Ceton's most recent software will not install on Win10.  Older packages will, however.  I just upgraded a Win7 MC server to Win10.  MC works fine.  The fly in the ointment is that a reinstall of Win10 loses Ceton's newest software.  The free upgrades end July.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 05:46:34 pm »

.... Ceton's most recent software will not install on Win10.

Do you have tuning adapters?
Exactly what happens when you try to install Win7 software- http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/infinitv/w7/latest/stable
What if you run the installer as administrator and compatibility mode?

Karl Beem

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 07:15:48 pm »

Do you have tuning adapters?
Exactly what happens when you try to install Win7 software- http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/infinitv/w7/latest/stable
What if you run the installer as administrator and compatibility mode?

No tuning adapters.  I tried 1088, the latest.  As it turns out, in  Win7 compatibility mode, it repairs or changes itself, but not if a lesser version is installed or if no Ceton version is installed.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 09:03:24 pm »

Ya just tried to install the Win7 version but it choked and gave error about only on Win7, even using compatibility and admin.

But I was actually able to install the Win8 version (used Win8 compatibility and admin).

http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/infinitv/w8/latest/stable

Karl Beem

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 06:00:09 am »

I queried Ceton support about Win10.  This was their reply.

We do not have Windows 10 Drivers for the PCIe units, The Ethernet unit is driverless. Please be aware that our products require Windows Media Center and that Media Center is not supported in Windows 10.
-- Ceton Support

Ark :D

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 08:09:28 am »

I've got a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe running just fine on Windows 10, using the Windows 8/8.1 driver from Ceton's site.

RunningPanther

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 02:54:20 pm »

I have Windows 10 and I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIE tv tuner and I have download the only drivers available for Windows 8 which is the Ceton Diagnosis Tool. I have downloaded the kodi media center and when I click on the tv tab it says PVR Manager starting 0% and just stays there. I have even downloaded and installed Windows Media Center and when I click on the live tv setup it says tv tuners  not found. Could someone please help me fix this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 04:57:48 pm »

That sounds like you haven't installed the driver.  Ceton should have instructions for that.  The "diagnosis tool" is probably not a driver.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 06:17:28 pm »

That sounds like you haven't installed the driver.  Ceton should have instructions for that.  The "diagnosis tool" is probably not a driver.

Partially correct:
http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/
For all Ceton InfiniTV products: The Ceton InfiniTV installer will install current Windows drivers for all InfiniTV devices, as well as Switched Digital Video Host software and Tuning Adapter drivers.

NOTE: The Ceton InfiniTV Installer includes a Ceton InfiniTV Diagnostic Tool that provides the status of your InfiniTV device, lets you update to the latest firmware and helps you activate your CableCARD.

Sounds like RunningPanther is close. Not being a Ceton user, all I can suggest is download the latest installer tool again from the official site and install by the numbers. I suspect this is what RP has already done. Sorry, can't be of more help than that.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 09:54:05 pm »

I have Windows 10 and I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIE tv tuner and I have download the only drivers available for Windows 8 which is the Ceton Diagnosis Tool. I have downloaded the kodi media center and when I click on the tv tab it says PVR Manager starting 0% and just stays there. I have even downloaded and installed Windows Media Center and when I click on the live tv setup it says tv tuners  not found. Could someone please help me fix this?

If you run the Ceton Diagnosis Tool, does it detect the InifiniTv 4 ?

You have mentioned Kodi and WMC, but this is the JRiver MC Forum. Those other two products have forums.... Or are you actually trying to get the InfiniTv 4 working on MC?

RunningPanther

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 09:36:08 am »

The tv tuner wizard is missing in the Windows 8 diagnosis tool,that is the problem and I have submitted a ticket. I have seen other people say that they have Windows 10 also just like I do and they have the Ceton InfiniTV 4 & 6 and they are watching & recording live tv but they never post how they do it. So I believe they are lying and it makes me upset.

RunningPanther

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 09:42:13 am »

The tv tuner wizard is missing in the Windows 8 diagnosis tool,that is the problem and I have submitted a ticket. I have seen other people say that they have Windows 10 also just like I do and they have the Ceton InfiniTV 4 & 6 and they are watching & recording live tv but they never post how they do it. So I believe they are lying and it makes me upset.

Now look at the pic of this Windows 8 Ceton Diagnosis tool that is missing the network tv tuner wiazrd, like I said   before this is the problem. Also like I have stated before  people here are saying they to have Windows 10 with the Ceton Infinitv 4 & 6 and that they are watching & recording live tv, and if  this is true why haven't they posted here how they did it??

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 10:21:01 pm »

Now look at the pic of this Windows 8 Ceton Diagnosis tool that is missing the network tv tuner wiazrd, like I said   before this is the problem. Also like I have stated before  people here are saying they to have Windows 10 with the Ceton Infinitv 4 & 6 and that they are watching & recording live tv, and if  this is true why haven't they posted here how they did it??

I hear ya. Nothing annoys me more than when you're asking for help to get a one liner reply that is loaded with assumed knowledge. I often need a blow-by-blow guide of how to deal with the issues. I'm happy to absorb forum posts and Wikis if they've got the goods.

Anyway, hopefully Ceton get their act together and help you out. I'm surprised that a player of their standing appears to be lacking in their delivery of support.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 09:14:58 am »

Hi, I'm new to this site.
This is a Ceton IfiniTV 6 pci that I was using in WMC in Win7 for a few years. Unfortunately MSFT nice enough not to include it in 10, but that is another giant ball of wax.

So, I have Windows 10 64bit (fresh install & updated) installed MC 23 last Saturday (the trial ver), followed the setup advice I found here and it was working, haven't explored it completely yet just watched TV. Windows 10 sees the Ceton Ifinitv 6 PCI card fine (I used the windows drivers diag tool).

Problem:
Monday evening it stopped working, only got a day of TV out of it so far. Now when I click a channel I get  "waiting for signal lock..." I did not see this before, then it goes to "No Signal", all the setting were the same as when it worked the first day (now i have messed with they a lot)

The only Changes I noticed are the channel lineup went from Verizon to Frontier, don't think that would change it working or not.
When I first installed MC I had the wrong channel line up any way, went back and changed it and it was working.

MC23 still sees the card under TV options> Tuner Profiles.
Sees all 6 tuners in Tuner type (cablecard)
Have ran through setup up several times, cleaned up & reset old settings
Everything acts as it did the first time I ran them.
Even went and opened more in the firewall.
Ceton Diag. tool shows it finds the card and can tune to a channel

I feel I am just missing something, as I said when installing MC23 the 1st time it I was watching tv in about 5 minutes.
I have re seated the PCI card, unplugged the cable , checked for connection, removed the actual cable card and re seated it too.

Any help would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 10:25:03 am »

Windows 10 updates have caused some problems recently.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:19 pm »

The only Changes I noticed are the channel lineup went from Verizon to Frontier, don't think that would change it working or not.
When I first installed MC I had the wrong channel line up any way, went back and changed it and it was working.

Cable company ownership changed?

That could be the issue.  Do you know Frontier's policy on copy protection?

We do not support playing cable channels that are copy-protected.

You can access Ceton's browser interface by entering the IP address  of the Ceton tuners.  You can then enter a channel and check the status of the tuner.  If the "Copy Protection" status does not say "Copy free" (00), the channel can not be viewed in MC.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 08:26:02 am »

Yes, cable company changed from Verizon to frontier last year, and it looks like the list was just updated.

When I was using WMC Verizon was bought by Frontier, everything worked fine as it did before. With the win7 WMC I had always used "Verizon Temple Terrace" (I'm in Florida) and now it shows "Frontier Tampa" instead, and it is still the only selection that has Frontier. When I installed MC on 10 it had Verizon, now only shows Frontier, but that shouldn't make a difference should it?

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 08:44:28 am »

does not seem to access the web interface to check, neither chrome or edge like the address 192.168.200.2.
Tried to upload am image now sure it will show, did not in the preview.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 09:14:08 am »

Firewall?

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 02:30:14 pm »

Well, everything seems to be open
I get the "No Tuners" error  (Image8) if I try to view a channel as soon as I open MC23, if I wait a few seconds I don't.
Image7 is Under Monitoring>Firewall
Image13 is under Inbound rules
Image9 is Ceton Diag showing card good (except for WMC)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 03:59:24 pm »

I get the "No Tuners" error  (Image8) if I try to view a channel as soon as I open MC23, if I wait a few seconds I don't.

This is expected and a separate issue.   MC needs time to discover the existence of network tuners.  It usually takes 10 to 30 seconds for MC to see the tuners.  It may take even longer if MC misses them initially.  If it takes longer than a minute, you can try restarting MC, wait a little again.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 04:04:13 pm »

does not seem to access the web interface to check, neither chrome or edge like the address 192.168.200.2.
Tried to upload am image now sure it will show, did not in the preview.

On Ceton diagnostics tool, Devices tab, there is a button called "Go to InfiniTV device webpage".  Clicking that will bring you to the browser page that I mentioned.

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 09:40:39 pm »

So I went to the web interface it says Copy Protection: None
It looks like it sees channels, Image15 is Tuner data for tuner 1

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 07:41:03 am »

Try re-installing JRiver Media Center.

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2017, 09:13:11 pm »

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling...still the same.
I'll try again Sunday.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »

Just throwing this out there because I went through a Cable company change a while back (TWC to Comcast in my case). When the initial changeover occurred, the new company continued to run the network 'as is' for a while. Then they started to switch over each back end separately to their systems and protocols. As each back end switched over, everyone in that area needed to have their equipment updated (and sometimes replaced) and the channel line ups changed.

From dslreports, Frontier aggressively uses DRM on most if not all channels:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31057338-Frontier-FIOS-DRM-copy-once-Much-more-now

It is very likely that when your channel line up changed it was because they switched your area over to use their systems and protocols and your channels that were once copy free are now DRMed.

edit: it looks like from the progression of posts on dslreports that they may have changed their copy protection stance - you might want to confirm if the channels you watch are marked copy once vs copy freely. Last I heard, TWC marks everything except the local OTA channels as copy once, so it is not unheard of as a policy.

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 09:27:10 pm »

BartMAn01, Thanks for the info.
The actual channels did not change (as in the channels are all the same), just the listing I choose from when setting up.

When I pull up the web interface for the card, it shows the channel copy protection as "none" (514 a local channel), and I saw one that says "free" (a music channel). The cable card thinks it's working, it sees channels and can tune to them (well it say it is) the Ceton software says it has a signal. I would think if it was a hardware change at Frontier it would no longer think it has a signal, right?
Oh, and when I pull up MC23 I try tuning to 514 first then others to be sure.
Also just installed the latest update, no change, still the same.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 10:17:30 pm »

That is good news. If it shows none or copy free then they are not DRMing the channels. Not sure why you are having the issues. I am still stuck with WMC so my HTPC is staying on Win 7 until I can find a better solution for distributing live TV around the house, so I can't do any testing here with my InfiniTV 4.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 04:24:59 pm »

I did some more testing on my computer and found that Copy protection value of "None" seems to suggest that you do not have subscription to that channel, i.e. that channel is not included in your channel lineup.

So here are the three possible values for copy protection status:

Copy Free (00)  - most likely you have access to this channel, in MC.  There are some channels that you do not have access but Ceton still reports it as "Copy Free".  So you really need to find out from your cable provider whether you should have this channel.  Usually, if MC can not play it, it's not in your lineup.

One Copy (0x02) - this channel can not be viewed in MC, regardless of whether you have right to the channel.

None - you have no right to this channel (or the channel does not exist at all). In other words, the channel may or may not exist, but your subscription does not include this channel if it exists.  Thus you will not get anything video in MC.

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 09:38:07 am »

That's may be, but I see "none" on channel 14, I have my TV on channel 14 and am watching it now...
Maybe there is something blocking it to the "paired" cable card?

Also my trial period is over, is it possible to extend it?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2017, 01:43:14 pm »

I know when I got my first cable card, the cable company didn't send me a 'Tuning Adapter'.  This was required for certain channels to work.  Did you get one, or is it required?

Bugwhat

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2017, 08:48:38 pm »

I know when I got my first cable card, the cable company didn't send me a 'Tuning Adapter'.  This was required for certain channels to work.  Did you get one, or is it required?

Thanks for the reply.

When I had the CC in my last PC it didn't need a tuning adapter then, and I got lots of channels, the ones I watched on my PC I could also see them on my regular TV, don't remember if there were ones on the TV I didn't get on my PC. So no I didn't get an adapter, and I don't believe I need one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up