INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.42 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 7923 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.42 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 29, 2016, 06:26:08 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210042.exe

21.0.42 (1/28/2016)

1. Fixed: There was an unwanted text dimensions change in build 41.

21.0.41 (1/28/2016)

1. Fixed: The WDM driver was not properly signed since 21.0.37.
2. Fixed: Parsing DTS WAV files could fail.
3. Changed: Made the TV engine a little more crash-resistant.
4. Fixed: TV recording failure was not handled properly.
5. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan!).
6. Fixed: The 3d visualization could have images upside down if the rotation flag was set.
7. Fixed: It wasn't possible to create a playlist group called "Downloaded" because of conflict with Doctor Who playlists.
8. Fixed: Thread was hard killed on MC exit if a Doctor Who background process was running at time of shutdown.

21.0.40 (1/26/2016)

1. NEW: Added the expression function Literal(...) that just outputs the text that's in parenthesis (useful for making a readable block of code).
2. Changed: The Playing Now roller item is shown on the top roller when in playlists (previously it only showed in the library).
3. Changed: Restoring a library with the restore library and restore settings checkboxes both un-checked will show an error message and not continue.
4. Changed: When running "Get Movie & TV Info..." in automatic mode (multiple file selection), MC re-tries on failure by resetting episode number and or season number.
5. Fixed: Clearing Playing Now from the right-click menu with something playing would take a long time if there was a big prebuffer setting and a fadeout on stop mode.
6. Changed: Improved TV guide data by importing these fields (if present in xmltv file): writers, presenters, aspect ratio.  Improved TV/Movie rating tag by distinguishing MPAA rating and MPAA rating advisaries.
7. Changed: If guide data file indicates that a show is an HDTV show, "HDTV" is added to keywords field.
8. Changed: When MC tries to determine whether a program has been previously recorded, or already scheduled to record, Program ID trumps everything else (such as program title, series title) that a user specified to compare.
9. Fixed: Using a Custom Advanced video mode could cause stream and subtitle selection to be unavailable.
10. Fixed: Restoring the tree with Help > Check for Updates wouldn't redraw properly.
11. Changed: MC will always compare dates when encountering "previously-shown" element in an xmltv file to determine whether a show is a re-run, if the "start" attribute is present.  Previously re-run is assumed if "previously-shown" is present, without regard to the "start" attribute.
12. Changed: If "date" element is not found for a program in an xmltv file, but "previously-shown" "start" attribute is found, the latter is saved in "Date" field.
13. Changed: "OriginalAirDate" in PercData EPG files is saved in MC's "Date" field when loading PercData data.
14. Fixed: Installing licenses wasn't working on XP since the switch to Visual Studio 2015.
15. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.39 (1/21/2016)

1. Changed: For television recording rule setup, integer comparison is allowed for [Season] field.  Now one can set up rules that allow recording of a series with [Season] higher than 15, or [Season] is higher than 8 and lower than 12, etc.
2. Fixed: Mixed artist albums would display as multiple albums on library server clients that didn't use the same directory separator as the server.
3. Changed: DVB-S tuner type is enabled for all countries on Television Setup wizard.
4. Fixed: Text spacing could be off a little in build 38.
5. Changed: Mouse wheel in television playback is handled in the same way as in video file playback.  Mouse wheel without CTRL or SHIFT key skips forward/backward.  Mouse wheel with SHIFT or CTRL key down zooms video.
6. Changed: In Theater view television guide, shows that are to be recorded as part of a subscription will have an orange circle in front of the show name, in stead of a read circle for one-time recordings.
7. Changed: The behavior of pressing record button on remote control in Theater view televsion guide is changed.  If the show has not been scheduled to be recorded yet, pressing the record button sets the show to be recorded.  Pressing the button on a show already scheduled for one-time recording changes the one-time recording to a subscription.  Pressing the button on a show scheduled for subscription cancels the subscription.
8. Changed: The Unswap expression function understands Jr., Sr., etc. and does the unswapping special when those are present.

21.0.38 (1/18/2016)

1. NEW: Added "Season" to television recording rule setup.
2. Fixed: Some music channels from some cable providers played intermittently when played near live position.
3. NEW: Added a MCWS function File/SetImage to set the image for a file (base 64 encoded image as the image parameter).
4. Fixed: Processing the previous and next file would cause the desktop to blink.
5. Fixed: Cover art embedded in FLAC files wouldn't always be found.
6. Fixed: The OSD would switch between "Shifted 1 seconds" and "Live" when playing TV close to live.
7. Changed: Added the PlaylistType parameter to the Playback/PlayPlaylist command so that it's possible to start playback by a playlist name instead of playlist ID.
8. Fixed: The Theater View News plugin could draw with a really big gap on the left with high resolution displays (only maybe fixed so testing appreciated).
9. NEW: Added MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_VIDEO_ZOOM (28038) to set the zoom for a playing video.
10. Changed: When starting Play Doctor playback from a right-click "More Play Options" on the current file, it will play out and then the results will play.

21.0.37 (1/14/2016)

1. Fixed: The Digital Signature of Media Center was invalid since January 1st (only affects builds 21.0.31 and newer).

21.0.36 (1/13/2016)

1. Changed: When a search for television programs in Standard view does not find any programs, the text message in the Programs window is changed to "Search did not find any matching programs" instead of "Double-click here to set up a program guide."  Double-clicking will do nothing.
2. Changed: Made the OS detection function log what the two OS versions are if they're different before showing the message.
3. NEW: ">>" and "<<" keys on remote control shift Theater View television guide to the right (left) 24 hours.
4. Fixed: Panes display wasn't obeying the selected expression to display selected in Edit Category.

21.0.35 (1/12/2016)

1. Fixed: Showing and hiding the tree would result in Action Window pages not redrawing properly.
2. Fixed: Bookmarking could be wrong after watching a TV program that was currently being recorded if the recording had been started later than the program start time.
3. Changed: Recording Rule ID is now viewable for media type "Video" in addition to media type "TV".
4. Fixed: Starting playback from the command line of audio files would jump to fullscreen (but we only wanted to do that for images).
5. NEW: Added a mid-side encoding DSP to Parametric Equalizer.
6. NEW: The action for a files command in MCWS accepts "m3u" to create an m3u format playlist.
7. Fixed: Audio could hiccup between tracks in recent builds.

21.0.34 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: Searching for -1 didn't work properly.
2. Fixed: Picking users accounts wasn't working.

21.0.33 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: A bookmarking bug when playing a TV show currently being recorded.
2. Changed: Double-clicking an image from Explorer will now launch fullscreen mode even if the program is sitting in Playing Now.  You might need to double-check the "Options > General > Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally" option.
3. Changed: Further adjustments to the way searches are handled to improve the accuracy of the results on larger libraries.
4. Changed: Made the AA plugin a bit smaller using the new build framework.

21.0.32 (1/6/2016)

1. Changed: The position OSD updates the position continually as it's showing instead of just showing a static snapshot.
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor dialogs could be squashed horizontally by user resizing, making them unreadable.
3. NEW: When in Standard Television view, the Delete key on keyboard will delete selected recorded TV shows and selected recording rules.
4. Changed: "Done" button on Manage TV Channels dialog window is renamed "Close".
5. Changed: Reduced the size of MFC executables using the new framework.

21.0.31 (1/4/2016)

1. Changed: The tooltip text on the system tray can be longer (128 characters instead of 64 characters).
2. Fixed: Window placement was not getting saved when modeless dialogs closed.
3. Changed: Added a value of 15 seconds into the ladder of times to wait when switching the display.
4. Changed: On Manage Channels window the channel list header code "(12-3 ABC)" is changed to "(123 ABC)" for channels sorted by name (with channel number in front).
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.
6. Fixed: Video files without audio did not convert successfully.
7. Fixed: Media Center would sometimes select the wrong audio streams during video playback when no preferred audio language was configured.
8. Fixed: Some web radio URLs would not open but instead hang the program forever.
9. Changed: Built using the new development framework.
10. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.30 (12/22/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio was blinking with VST effects installed (the fix is wider and might also make drawing in general more efficient).
2. Fixed: When a TV channel was being watched on a single client at the same time also watched on the server, changing channel on either the server or the client would cause the channel changed on the other computer.
3. Fixed: Logging could crash MC under some circumstances.
4. NEW: Added a command MCC_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW_GRIDS_CHANNEL_NAME (30026) to toggle Theater view guide grid's "hide channel names when channel logos are available" setting.
5. Changed: Made the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool no longer available when connected to a server (because the results were confusing anyway).
6. Fixed: When playing a TV show that was being recorded, MC could hang with a black screen and normal sound.  (possibly only with madVR).
7. Changed: Increased the number of "Wait after change" values in Options > Video.
8. Fixed: VST effects could be corrupted.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RD James

Re: Media Center 21.0.42 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:02:40 am »

5. Fixed: Clearing Playing Now from the right-click menu with something playing would take a long time if there was a big prebuffer setting and a fadeout on stop mode.
Still freezes if I click a car radio button to change playlist.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 08:07:13 am »

Still freezes if I click a car radio button to change playlist.

Boy the Car Radio buttons take effect immediately for me.  I have a slow fadeout on stop set, but it doesn't care.  It just starts cross-fading to the new song as soon as I click.

yonsas0512

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 09:24:50 am »

hi everyone!
I want to ask if anyone here having problem with their MC21 since upgrade to windows 10.
I just downloaded MC21 the latest version which i downloaded from the link in this thread. I had problem with previous version (i forgot which version it was) which i could not play DVD movie from external dvd drive. I can play movie from HDD drive and so does the music, but not from external DVD drive.

This latest version i just downloaded, unfortunately, still the same. Can anyone advice me how to solve this problem?

Thanks.
Yon

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 09:53:11 am »

Are you running a copy-protection removal program like AnyDVD? Perhaps the movies you played off your HDD had the protection removed during ripping (like makeMKV or AnyDVD will do) which is why those work.
See this in the Wiki http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DVD

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:25:38 am »

Fixed: TV recording failure was not handled properly.

What has changed in how TV recording failure is handled?

Thanks !

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 02:57:44 pm »

Crash on client while in theater view guide, selected a show, clicked record, screen went back to guide but no red dot, then crash. Log file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82GqdDf8HSycVJnZnhTeUVVWXM/view?usp=sharing
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 08:25:20 pm »

What has changed in how TV recording failure is handled?

Thanks !

This one is probably not common.  When some (not all) recording failure occurred, the recording rule ID was not passed back to the player from the TV engine, so power management might not be reset properly.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RD James

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 09:21:25 pm »

Boy the Car Radio buttons take effect immediately for me.  I have a slow fadeout on stop set, but it doesn't care.  It just starts cross-fading to the new song as soon as I click.
I use the fast fade on stop.
The behavior I get when I click the car radio button is fade out (stop) then it freezes for 20 seconds (prebuffer duration) and starts playing the next track.

I normally used gapped fade for track changes, but even after enabling crossfade, I get the same behavior.
Clicking a new car radio button behaves as a stop action, then it starts the next playlist.
It doesn't act like a track change. (crossfade)

If I set the stop action to immediate, there is no freezing - and it still acts as a stop when I click a car radio button, not a track change.

sorepinky

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »

Audio only here and track change, switch tracks, standard gapped does not produce the specified gap.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 09:58:12 am »

Audio only here and track change, switch tracks, standard gapped does not produce the specified gap.

The gapped fade setting engages when you manually switch tracks.

When the tracks naturally change from one to the next the gap isn't used.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »

The gapped fade setting engages when you manually switch tracks.

When the tracks naturally change from one to the next the gap isn't used.

good to know
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up