INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.54 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 11054 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.54 for Windows -- Available here
« on: March 08, 2016, 10:32:01 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210054.exe

21.0.54 (3/1/2016)

1. Fixed: Ripped 3D Blu-ray movies were going to the wrong directory.
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
3. NEW: Added version 3 uPnP controller support. (fixes Jongo Pure T2 rendering control)
4. NEW: When subscribing to television shows, one can specify video quality preference (HD vs. SD) so MC will pick correct channel among channels that air the same show at the same time.
5. Changed: When HD or SD preference is not specified, MC will favor Favorite channels when dealing with subscription TV recordings.  For channels with identical favorite status, the custom channel ordering is used to pick a channel.

21.0.53 (2/29/2016)

1. Fixed: Theater View background images were not working reliably on Intel GPUs since 21.0.51.
2. NEW: Output Format DSP can lowpass the LFE/Subwoofer when downmixing, or exclude it from the downmix entirely.
3. Changed: Backed out the Ctrl + mouse wheel thumbnail size adjustment from 21.0.50 since it prevents multi-selection and scrolling in a view.

21.0.52 (2/25/2016)

1. Fixed: MCE remotes weren't working.

21.0.51 (2/25/2016)

1. Changed: Zone links are tied to the zone GUID instead of the zone ID (so linking to a DLNA device should work better).
2. Fixed: Case-only changes weren't being written to M4A/ALAC tags.
3. Fixed: Television recording folder could be erroneously reset to default without user input.
4. Fixed: Web media sites didn't live through a library backup / restore.
5. NEW: Subtitles in Red October HQ are rendered with more accurate timing using a dedicated subtitle rendering interface.
6. NEW: Added the option "Use gapless for manual track changes" to switch to gapless from whatever is configured when switching manually.
7. Changed: Confusing error message when "Next" was clicked in remote control options window, if you were missing a blaster capable "transceiver", it used the word "receiver" rather than "transceiver".
8. Changed: Mouse wheel will be honored over the volume slider in Theater View's Playing Now.
9. Changed: Mouse wheel will be honored over the position slider in Theater View's Playing Now.
10. Changed: Disabled D3D9Ex rendering in Theater View in favor of traditional D3D9 to potentially work-around hangs on some GPUs. Please report any new issues.
11. Changed: Made the mouse wheel over Theater View Playing Now's display area switch the display types.
12. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.50 (2/22/2016)

1. Fixed: The uninstaller could be a wacky size on high DPI monitors.
2. Changed: Setting up recording in Theater view with the record button on remote control will no longer cause the guide to reset to default position.  The selected show will remain selected and visible.
3. NEW: When setting up recording with the remote control record button, an on-screen overlay message will show the action just taken ("Record"/"Subscribe"/"Subscription canceled").
4. Changed: If a data file is played over library server and it's less than one megabyte, it will be downloaded locally and then played.
5. Changed: Doing a Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory on data files now works.
6. NEW: Slow-double click on tree items will rename them (if they're renamable).
7. Changed: Broken web links included with Media Center can be fixed without modifying the links.xml file.
8. Fixed: It was possible to configure a zone switch rule so that it was stopping the same zone that it was playing in (and that didn't make any sense).
9. Changed: Initialization of CableCARD TV channel playback is serialized to avoid hanging.
10. NEW: Ctrl + mouse wheel will adjust the thumbnail size in a list.
11. Changed: Made clicking the 'Report problem...' button in the Logging dialog close the window.
12. Fixed: Shuffling a playlist that was linked didn't update the other playlists in the link.

21.0.49 (2/18/2016)

1. Changed: If shuffle mode is enabled, when the current playlist completes it will reshuffle before continuing.
2. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
3. Fixed: Right-clicking on tab buttons (Back/Forward/Refresh) in standard view could crash.
4. Changed: Updated File Associations for SSIF (Stereoscopic Interleaved Files), a MPEG-TS variant
5. Fixed: Background EPG loading could be repeated every 20 minutes if the process took longer to complete.
6. Changed: MC will wake up the system in sleep to perform EPG loading tasks.
7. Changed MC will try preventing the system from going to sleep if there is an EPG loading task being performed or if there is going to be a TV recording or EPG loading within the next 30 seconds.
8. NEW: Middle-click on a tab header will roll through the list styles.

21.0.48 (2/12/2016)

1. Changed: It takes half as much flick to switch images as before.
2. NEW: In standard television EPG view, the date column display format is configurable.  Right click the Date column header to choose.  "All Programs" and "To Be Recorded" views share the same setting, and "Recordings" view is configured separately.
3. Fixed: "Get Movie & TV Info" lookup by Episode Name was broken in recent builds.
4. Changed: Updated the Chinese translation (thanks SunYanJun!).
5. Fixed: Using the Tag Action Window could crash.

21.0.47 (2/11/2016)

1. Changed: If a web link doesn't have a search URL specified, it will fall back to the base URL for navigation.
2. Changed: Reverted the web links version back to 1.2 so custom links won't be erased. Note: If you have custom links, in order to apply fixes made to broken links, you will need to select "Reset All Links To Default" from the Manage Links dialog.

21.0.46 (2/10/2016)

1. Fixed: Lists that didn't support grouping could still get grouped if the parent list was grouped.
2. Changed: Clicking a Blu-ray or DVD in Theater View will give a menu of choices instead of just playing.
3. Fixed: TV Subscription could record a show that had already been recorded, if the repeat airing had a different duration (typical of sports games).
4. Changed: The filename is no longer added to custom tooltips (customized with the Tooltip field).  Just add [Filename] if you want it.
5. NEW: "Season", "Episode", "Rule ID", and "Rule Name" can be optionally displayed in Standard view EPG views ("All Programs", "To Be Recorded", and "Recordings").  Default is to show them all.  Right-click any column header to choose which ones to display.  Also "Recording Rules" view show recording rule ID along side recording rule name.
6. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis and transcoding.
7. Changed: Greatly improved the quality of AAC audio in transcoded video files.
8. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
9. NEW: Theater View flow lists (stacks of rotated images) support the mouse wheel for scrolling.
10. Fixed: The Rotten Tomatoes link was broken. (Warning: if you have custom links, this change will erase them)
11. NEW: Added a Wikipedia link to the video section which will search for entries relating to a selected video title.
12. NEW: Videos with the subtype 'Music' can be looked up on the Get Movie & TV Info tool.
13. NEW: The 'Load / Save View' menu has a delete option to delete a given view.
14. NEW: Added a 3840x2160 UHD/4K preset for DLNA and Library Server client image conversion.
15. Fixed: Analyzer DSP would go away after loading a DSP preset at a track transition.
16. Fixed: Sometimes when ripping a compilation CD, tracks would go to separate folders rather than a single '(Multiple Artists)/<album name>' folder.
17. Changed: Television programs that are entirely covered in the padding of adjacent to be recorded programs will not be marked as "to be recorded".

21.0.45 (2/4/2016)

1. Changed: Added a time-out user configuration for EPG loading when running an external XMLTV application inside MC (previously we used a hard-coded 20 minutes value).
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
3. Changed: When playback is set for an external program on video files, thumbnailing still uses the internal engine (previously it wouldn't thumbnail).
4. Changed: Television entries in the database can be run through the Get Movie & TV Info... tool.
5. Changed: When picking "Fill Track Numbers From List Order" with only one track selected it will set the track number to one instead of complaining that two tracks need to be selected.
6. Fixed: When certain TV errors occurred, the tuner was not released properly.
7. (Possibly) Fixed: When multiple TV recordings start at the same time on CableCARD tuners MC could hang.
8. Changed: Files marked as "Short" can be looked up with the Get Movie & TV Info... tool.
9. NEW: Added an "Eject disc" command to the Theater View disc tool selection menu.

21.0.44 (2/2/2016)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
3. Fixed: The new tag Action Window didn't blink.
4. Changed: A little more sophisticated fix for the subtitle cropping problem.

21.0.43 (1/29/2016)

1. Fixed: 3D visualizations could still show images upside down sometimes.
2. Fixed: Text based subtitles could draw cropped by one letter with certain fonts.

21.0.42 (1/28/2016)

1. Fixed: There was an unwanted text dimensions change in build 41.

21.0.41 (1/28/2016)

1. Fixed: The WDM driver was not properly signed since 21.0.37.
2. Fixed: Parsing DTS WAV files could fail.
3. Changed: Made the TV engine a little more crash-resistant.
4. Fixed: TV recording failure was not handled properly.
5. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan!).
6. Fixed: The 3d visualization could have images upside down if the rotation flag was set.
7. Fixed: It wasn't possible to create a playlist group called "Downloaded" because of conflict with Doctor Who playlists.
8. Fixed: Thread was hard killed on MC exit if a Doctor Who background process was running at time of shutdown.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 21.0.54 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19:53 am »

10. Changed: Disabled D3D9Ex rendering in Theater View in favor of traditional D3D9 to potentially work-around hangs on some GPUs. Please report any new issues.
Seems to fix Theater View crashing with NVIDIA

RD James

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 11:28:13 am »

2. NEW: Output Format DSP can lowpass the LFE/Subwoofer when downmixing, or exclude it from the downmix entirely.
The option is there but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:23:38 pm »

Hi, since update 21 0 54, right click while playing tv series - subtitles shift up, doesn't work anymore with srt subtitles on JR mediacenter client.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 08:53:14 pm »

@Matt - CC'd you with Auralic Tech support as the 4xDSD Native settings don't seem to be working properly for the Vega DAC. They claim Foobar works but I haven't tried.

RD James

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 12:25:13 am »

Have you tried smaller buffers?
Because JRiver specifies in milliseconds instead of samples, higher sample rates require larger and larger buffer sizes, so it may be too much at 4xDSD

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 09:06:08 am »

Live TV viewing stops working 100% of the time after about 5 seconds on my NUC. Where can I access the prior version to reinstall?
EDIT: After about 5 seconds of viewing, the renderer just plays its last buffer over and over in about a 100ms loop.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 09:20:01 am »

Do a search on the forum or read the first two or three pages.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 11:09:53 am »

Jim, thank you, I found it, sorry was in a hurry to make the TV functional again before leaving for work this morning. Must learn to never upgrade software over breakfast :).

BTW the failing NUC is a D54250WYK. Another PC in my house has no problems with 21.0.54. EDIT: Both are exclusively Theater View.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 04:43:00 pm »

I reinstalled 21.0.54 to reproduce the issue, and it works fine. Must have been an installation issue the first time. I remember I had to try installing twice the first time - clicked once and nothing happened so I did it again. Maybe that was the issue.

javahut

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 09:12:23 am »

What's up with the Tag window. It keeps changing on me lately. Used to be able to select all fields directly from the upper left icon in the Tag window. Now all it displays is "Customize". Whenever it goes to "Customize"... many of the current skins' text in the Tag window are almost invisible, and virtually can't be seen.

2nd time this has happened. I restored my entire system from a backup last time. But now it's happened again, and don't really wanna have to do a system restore to restore the behavior and view I had. Also, always use the Black on Black skin. When this new Tag "grouping"/customization behavior takes over... Tags are virtually invisible with the Black on Black skin.

What's up with this?

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 09:35:11 am »

What's up with the Tag window. It keeps changing on me lately. Used to be able to select all fields directly from the upper left icon in the Tag window. Now all it displays is "Customize".

You've activated the new Experimental Tag Action Window (ETAW).  To toggle it on or off:  Close the tagging window.  Then select Edit > Tag while HOLDING DOWN the shift key.  Each time you do this, it will switch back and forth between the regular TAW and the ETAW.

Also, always use the Black on Black skin. When this new Tag "grouping"/customization behavior takes over... Tags are virtually invisible with the Black on Black skin.

Yeah, most skins have not been customized for the ETAW and the text is like super light purple on white, which is almost invisible.  Carbon looks decent with the ETAW.  Black and Blue Too looks *great* with the ETAW (as Marko customized that part to match the rest of the skin).  Onyx, another favorite dark skin of mine looks terrible with the ETAW.

Brian.

javahut

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 10:25:31 am »

You've activated the new Experimental Tag Action Window (ETAW).  To toggle it on or off:  Close the tagging window.  Then select Edit > Tag while HOLDING DOWN the shift key.  Each time you do this, it will switch back and forth between the regular TAW and the ETAW.

Yeah, most skins have not been customized for the ETAW and the text is like super light purple on white, which is almost invisible.  Carbon looks decent with the ETAW.  Black and Blue Too looks *great* with the ETAW (as Marko customized that part to match the rest of the skin).  Onyx, another favorite dark skin of mine looks terrible with the ETAW.

Brian.

Thank you! Was diving me crazy. I thought I was going crazy! (I may be, but at least it's not the Tag window causing it  ;D )

Edit: I see now how this was happening. I was selecting multiple albums using the Shift key, to change a specific tag. Then before I released the Shift key, I selected Tag... which caused the Tag window to go into ETAW, without me having the slightest clue about it. Thanks again, Brian.

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 05:06:35 am »

Media Center 21.0.54 seems having an issue.
I get an app crash after the installation (no way to use this version even after a reboot).
When rolling back to 21.0.50, everything is fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up