INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Remote Green Button Problem  (Read 3421 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC Remote Green Button Problem
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:08:32 pm »

Could someone check that the Green Button on an MCE remote still launches MC, as long as the Media Server and/or MC Service is running, but the MC User Interface is not?

I have both MC and Media Server start with the HTPC, but sometimes I do close the User Interface, and I'm pretty sure I could just press the Guide button to get MC to launch again and display the Guide. But that isn't working at the moment, in this version, MC21.0.58, and probably in earlier versions. Nor does it work using the Green Button (MCE Media Center command), or any of the other buttons that would normally launch MC Theatre View. However, I have recently installed some new memory resident software on the HTPC, and it may be interfering, so confirmation would be good. Even if it is just confirmation that I'm losing my mind, and this never worked.  ;D

I was made aware of this potential issue because of this thread;
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103747.msg721087#msg721087

Thanks.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Remote problem
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:37:51 am »

The green button still launches Theater View for me even from a totally different application.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Remote problem
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:32:26 am »

The green button works here too.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Remote problem
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 04:11:52 pm »

Okay. Thanks guys. I'll uninstall the suspect software and see if that fixes my issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Remote problem
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 05:12:29 pm »

Yep, the memory resident software was interfering with the remote. It is gone now, never to return. I'll just have to find another solution to the issue it was resolving.

Thanks again for checking.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »

What was the software?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 05:28:14 pm »

It was a complied AutoIt script I got from here that is used to automatically close the Teamviewer nag screen on the HTPC. Every time I connect to the HTPC to do some maintenance, then exit, the nag screen is left up and active on the HTPC, which is very bad for the WAF. Annoying for me as well, since I need to use the keyboard to close it.

I could see that the HTPC received the Green Button IR command when the script was running, but any action seemed to be blocked.

This experience makes me wonder if other AutoIt scripts, and other similar software, would interfere with the IR capabilities.

The script was very simple, just;

Code: [Select]
Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
while True
   WinWait("Sponsored session")        ;check if the TeaamViewer Sponsored session Window exist
   WinActivate("Sponsored session") ;activate the window
   Send("{Enter}")                      ;close it
WEnd

So I assume it was something to do with the compiled version, libraries it uses, or similar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up