INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set the library to load on startup  (Read 2540 times)

res80

• Recent member
Set the library to load on startup
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:26:44 am »

Add a feature to the startup options page where the user can set the library to load on startup, similar to the view mode settings available on that page.

Background: when MC was closed running a remote library and I click on a video file on my laptop, it needs to restore the connection to the remote library before playing the video. This is a waste of time, because for local video playback the remote connection is not required.

Similar request here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103438.0

res80

• Recent member
set the library to load on startup
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 03:07:55 pm »

Add a feature to the startup options page where the user can set the library to load on startup, similar to the view mode settings available on that page.

Background: when MC was closed running a remote library and I click on a video file on my laptop, it needs to restore the connection to the remote library before playing the video. This is a waste of time, because for local video playback the remote connection is not required.

Similar request here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103438.0

one possible option could be "use last library", this way it would be unchanged for all users who prefer the current setup, but still add flexibility for other users who want this feature.
flexibility is one of the biggest advantages of JRiver Media Center in my opinion.
thanks,
Ruediger

res80

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 05:52:09 am »

one possible option could be "use last library", this way it would be unchanged for all users who prefer the current setup, but still add flexibility for other users who want this feature.
flexibility is one of the biggest advantages of JRiver Media Center in my opinion.
thanks,
Ruediger

If you don't like the idea of having this switch in settings, is it possible to start Media Center automatically with the local library, when Media Center is opened by double-clicking on a media file in the windows explorer?
Because in that case, it is obvious that the connection to the remote library is not necessary, because the user is trying to play a local file...
What do you think?
Thanks,
Ruediger

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 07:49:58 am »

If you don't like the idea of having this switch in settings, is it possible to start Media Center automatically with the local library, when Media Center is opened by double-clicking on a media file in the windows explorer?
Because in that case, it is obvious that the connection to the remote library is not necessary, because the user is trying to play a local file...
What do you think?
Thanks,
Ruediger

This has been asked very often and hopefully is easy to implement.

Could be in the form of a check box to:
enable: Always Load Local Library
disable (default): Load previous state MC was in on closure

Thx
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103629.msg720089#msg720089

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Set the library to load on startup
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »

As a workaround for now, if you start MC using a modified desktop icon which opens a local library, using the method I described here before you double click a media file, then MC won't try to connect to the remote Server, and you don't need to manually go into MC and select the local library. Much faster and simpler. Not exactly what you are asking for though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up