INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D: Desktop refresh rate is not being restored after stoppage or closure  (Read 4295 times)

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe

As per the subject, my current model JVC projector gets stuck in 3D mode after playback stops or JRiver closed.
I have to logoff Windows and back on again to resolve it.
I have tried using both options in MadVR but neither seem to work.
I have tried using the current v0.90.16 MadVR that comes with JRiver and v0.90.17 from the website.
I think this use to be a non-issue and has crept in a particular version and up but I'm not 100% sure on this.
PowerDVD 15 does not cause this issue although that might not be relevant.

jachin99

I'm having the same problem.  I haven't tried updating mad vr because I'm not sure how to install the updates where jriver would use the updated version but it makes 3d playback a real pain.  I also get issues with the audio cutting out to the point where I just can't hear my movies.

stewart_pk

Yes I get problems too when the computer can't handle the workload and drops frames and audio suffers.
Overall I've found I have to lower the MadVR quality settings quite dramatically to get smooth playback with an Intel I3 3220T and an AMD ATI R7240.
Below are 3D settings I had to change to from my 2D settings to get smooth 3D playback although all of them may not need to be changed as one can only experiment so much before it becomes too much.

processing -> artifact removal -> reduce band artifacts -> Unticked ('Ticked' for 2D)
scaling options -> chroma upscaling -> Bilinear ('Bicubic' for 2D)
rendering -> windowed mode -> how many video frames shall be presented in advance -> 3 ('8' for 2D)
rendering -> exclusive mode -> how many video frames shall be presented in advance -> 3 ('8' for 2D) [I run windows mode but added this anyway]
rendering -> dithering -> Random Dithering ('Error Diffusion - option 1' for 2D)

The fact I have to do this and there isn't separate settings for 2D and 3D (AV Sync Correction would be most welcome) means I've pretty much gone back to Cyberlink PowerDVD for 3D playback using JRiver for sound with the WDM driver. The biggest downside of this is sometimes after playback start, pausing and skipping backwards/forwards JRiver and the WDM driver lose their lock on the audio stream for about 10 seconds of silence as has been reported on this forum before. I get this issue with other application as well (e.g. Netflix).

stewart_pk

I can also report that PowerDVD 16 doesn't cause this issue either.

I feel there's still work to be done with 3D and JRiver.
It needs to reliably restore 2D.
It should provide separate playback settings, especially due to the fact that MADVR does not use GPU's for 3D decoding placing much strain on systems.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

There is a thread devoted to 3D Blu-ray here.  If you posted there, the developers would see it.

stewart_pk

There is a thread devoted to 3D Blu-ray here.  If you posted there, the developers would see it.

I don't really believe in those ultra long threads devoted to (sort of) one topic because it becomes too hard to find something specific. I can't see why they won't read this? You did ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up