INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti-Virus  (Read 4368 times)

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Anti-Virus
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:58:48 am »

I realize this is not the Kaspersky board, and in fact I have just written there as well, but since this board is notoriously helpful: can anyone tell me how I can convince Kaspersky Total Security that JRiver is not a Trojan. It just erased the exe for the third time,  >:(

I know AV's are not great with JRiver, but this is the only problem I've ever had with any of them.

Thanks in advance.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Anti-Virus
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:06:02 am »

1. Check the Wiki and try to tame the beast - http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide#Check_Your_Anti-Virus_or_Security_Software
2. Report the false positive to Kaspersky. The issue is with their software, so they ultimately need to deal with the problem if their software can't whitelist MC's behaviour
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:02:24 pm »

Also check here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86096.0
in case you might have missed it.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 09:41:50 pm »

Thanks. Interesting stuff in there. I had a semi response on the Kaspersky Board but I'll have to try a bit harder there. If I have to remove it and install something else, I will!

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »

Finally found how to exclude it, so we should be OK. Still, I'll be reporting this ...

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 10:05:43 pm »

Thanks. Interesting stuff in there. I had a semi response on the Kaspersky Board but I'll have to try a bit harder there. If I have to remove it and install something else, I will!

Good to hear you're making progress.

Personally, I dumped bitdefender because it all got just too hard.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 04:23:41 am »

Finally found how to exclude it, so we should be OK. Still, I'll be reporting this ...
I wouldn't hold your breath for these guys. But its nice to do so.

I'd exclude all JRiver and Media Center processes/services and you won't ever have a problem. I also exclude scans of my media files on the fly. Every now and again you can run scheduled scans or on demand scans, including any downloaded media. Good for speed, quieter running, less taxing on the system (depending on your hardware of course).  No reason to rescan a flac or mkv file over and over on access for most of us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up