INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote iOs and Web radio streaming  (Read 3577 times)

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote iOs and Web radio streaming
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »

Hello,

I have some issues when I try to listen web radio with JRemote on iOs
Here is a table with the results from the tests I did with all setup:

JRiver LibraryWindowsLinux (Jessie)
Audio transcodingOFFONOFFON
iOsokerrornext trackerror
Androidokokokok

You can see errors happen only with JRemote on iOs. The error message is always the same.
In the case « iOs + Linux + audio transcodage OFF », it plays fine for 3 seconds and then displays the error message jumps to the next track without error message.
Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote iOs and Web radio streaming
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 09:28:41 am »

Can someone tell me if it is a reproductible issue or is it coming from my own setup?

I would like this working like with JRemote on Android.
Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:40:38 am »

I can confirm that with Windows based MC and iOS I see the same result as you when I enabled transcoding in JRemote. Normally I don't have it enabled.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:35:51 pm »

I can confirm that with Windows based MC and iOS I see the same result as you when I enabled transcoding in JRemote. Normally I don't have it enabled.

Thank you for your feedback.

Anyone can test with MC running on Debian?

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 10:39:00 am »

I made changes in my first post because I was wrong about the behavior with the setup « iOs + Linux + audio transcodage OFF »

In fact it won't display any error message but it will play fine for 3 sec and then it jumps to the next track which is a web radio too, so it'll play 3 secs, then jumps to next track etc... etc...

The bad thing for me is I can't stream web radio, because of my usual setup "JRiver Linux + JRemote iOs". No matter transcoding is on (error message) or off (track switching).

Can I hope you check this and fix it?

If needed my setup infos are:
Server => Debian Jessie with JRiver 21.0.88
Remote => iPhone 5c iOs 9.3.2 with JRemote 3.22
Pages: [1]   Go Up