INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T channels with H.265 video  (Read 10521 times)

GerdS

• Recent member
DVB-T channels with H.265 video
« on: June 04, 2016, 10:59:16 am »

Hi,

I've set up an USB DVB-T2 receiver in Germany. Channel scan worked well, but HD channels show either no video codec or the wrong one (H.264).
The correct one is HEVC (H.265) - this one can not be assinged since the drop down menu in edit channel settings does not list this codec or format. LAV includes the correct codec. Why can't it be selected?

The wiki does not help solving this problem...

Thanks in advance

Gerd

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Manage TV Channels
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 06:08:42 pm »

Hi,

I've set up an USB DVB-T2 receiver in Germany. Channel scan worked well, but HD channels show either no video codec or the wrong one (H.264).
The correct one is HEVC (H.265) - this one can not be assinged since the drop down menu in edit channel settings does not list this codec or format. LAV includes the correct codec. Why can't it be selected?

The wiki does not help solving this problem...

Thanks in advance

Gerd

We did not know this.  We will fix it.  Can you send me a log file of the entire channel scanning process

yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

GerdS

• Recent member
Manage TV Channels
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 11:56:38 am »

Hi Yaobing,

Sorry for the delay, I was on buisiness travel.
I don't know which log file you'd like to get. I've attached the channel list in the zip-file as well as screenshots in JRiver, VLC and DVBViewer of the same TV channel in HD. As you can see DVBViewer uses exactly the same coder as JR - LAV. The settings shown on the DVBViewer screenshot works perfect. So if I could select the same coder in JRiver it should work in JRiver as well- shouldn't it?

Gerd   

I try to reply 4 times to get the attachments uploaded. I allways get error messages - this is pretty annoying!

GerdS

• Recent member
Manage TV Channels
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:57:49 am »

Hi Yaobing,

Sorry for the delay, I was on buisiness travel.
I don't know which log file you'd like to get. I've attached the channel list in the zip-file as well as screenshots in JRiver, VLC and DVBViewer of the same TV channel in HD. As you can see DVBViewer uses exactly the same coder as JR - LAV. The settings shown on the DVBViewer screenshot works perfect. So if I could select the same coder in JRiver it should work in JRiver as well- shouldn't it?

Gerd   

I try to reply 4 times to get the attachments uploaded. I allways get error messages - this is pretty annoying!

GerdS

• Recent member
Manage TV Channels
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 11:59:32 am »

GerdS

• Recent member
Manage TV Channels
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 12:00:30 pm »

Yaobing

• Administrator
Re: DVB-T channels with H.265 video
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 07:17:53 am »

The channel list you attached does not contain any channel details.  I would like to see a MC log file that logs your DVB-T channel scanning process.  Please do the following steps:

1. Make sure logging is turned on.  Help > Logging...  Under Step 1: Enable logging, check the checkbox "Output to a log file".  Click Done button.

2. Close MC and restart it.

3. Run DVB-T channel scanning.  You can go to TV Options > Manage Channels, and click Rescan button.  Choose the tuner profile that you used for DVB-T.  Alternatively, you can re-run Setup procedure (TV Options > Setup).

4. When scanning finishes, go directly to Help > Logging...  Notice that "Output to a log file" checkbox should still be checked.  If not, something is not done right.  Now click "Report problem" button, under Step 3: Report problem.  MC will save the logs to your Desktop.

5. Find the zip file on your Desktop and email it to me.

GerdS

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 11:09:48 am »

Hi,

I can't attach the zipped log file an error message comes up: "the attached file is too large".

In your profile I can not see the email address and on a regulat message I can not attach a file :-((

What to do?

Regards,

Gerd

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 11:25:39 am »

yaobing at jriver

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 02:03:55 pm »

Thanks for the log.

I found some of the information I needed in the log and will be working on supporting H265 video.

Museum

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 04:37:30 am »

Thank You for enabling HEVC codec for German users of the new DVB-T2 Service. I am using an astrometa USB Tuner. Scanning channels work fine, audio stream too, but no luck with the video. Astrometas own DVR 4.1 Software doesn't work either... I hope I will get soon my sundtek-usb tuner back: they have to change a chip, because the german broadcaster now uses DVB-T2 V1.3.1. So I will have two Tuners ready for JRiver...

Stefan

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 10:41:45 am »

H.265 support was added in MC22.  The latest available version (MC22.0.9) still has a bug that prevents H.265 channels from working.  I made a fix, but am not sure if that will solve all the problem.  It will be available in an upcoming new build.  However, in case anyone wants to test now, I am attaching a patch below which you can use with MC22.0.9.  

Television DLL for H.265 support.

Download and unzip.  Then copy JRTelevision.dll into MC22 installation.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 02:11:08 pm »

I updated the file linked in the above post.  The new file fixes a crash related to right-click menu "Audio Programs".

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 10:19:05 am »

MC22.0.12 is out on the MC22 board.  So you do not need to download the patch above.  Instead, just update to MC22.0.12.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 07:09:15 am »

Thank you Stephan for emailing the logs.

I found something that potentially explains the problem.  It seems that DirectShow does not recognize the new video format.  It puts the stream into "other" category, instead of "video" category.  I will try on Monday to force it to video.  I hope DirectShow will respond to my command ;)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 11:44:13 am »

I made the following change:

Changed: In bda TV (i.e. ATSC and DVB) if the stream matching TV channel's video PID is categorized as "other", MC will try forcing it to "video" (experimental, for H.265/HEVC support).

It will be in the next build.  If you want to test before the next build is out, please download the dll linked below.

New TV DLL.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 08:03:10 am »

Build 18 is out on MC22 board.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 11:28:39 am »

Please try this DLL.

I have a sense that we are close to getting this to work.  If this DLL still does not work, I just don't know what I can do  :( :( :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up