INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.7 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 6131 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.7 for Windows -- Available here
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:58:17 am »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
Please use the latest build

22.0.7 (7/7/2016)

1. Fixed: Tooltips could show the previous tooltip for a split second when they first showed.
2. NEW: You can right-click Car Radio buttons and link them to any existing playlist.
3. NEW: Holding shift while setting the volume of a linked zone will set the volume for all the zones in the link.
4. NEW: "Panel" which is the beginning of a new web interface.  Take a look at http://localhost:52199 (or whatever port you have configured in 'Media Networking').

22.0.6 (7/7/2016)

1. Changed: Added some TV Log entries related to background EPG loading.
2. Fixed: Opening locally available Data files from a Library Server would still attempt to download them in some situations.
3. NEW: When exporting all the playlists, it now asks for a format (m3u or m3u8).
4. NEW: The function MCWS/v1/Library/Import has a new parameter "Block" to tell the function to wait until the import finishes to return.
5. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks bytestar!).
6. Fixed: When syncing to a handheld device, tracks with same name but a different disc number are now treated as distinct files.  Previously they were weeded out as duplicates.
7. NEW: Added a confirmation message to entering audio only mode to confirm that you really wanted to do that.
8. NEW: When playing a file that has no cover art, the cover art will be automatically downloaded from the internet.

22.0.5 (6/30/2016)

1. Changed: When the IPC stream is played for WDM driver playback, it won't create a Recent Playing Now entry.
2. Fixed: The WDM driver was still version 21.
3. Changed: Switched the "Show all values" cap for the Tag window from 50 values to 1000 values.
4. Changed: DVB channels marked as scrambled are no longer excluded because some channels that are free and non-DRM'ed do have this flag set.
5. Fixed: Equalizer DSP was showing values slightly different than what the user chose for decibel adjustment.

22.0.4 (6/28/2016)

1. Changed: Tooltips can be 80% of the screen height instead of 50%.
2. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks bytestar!).
3. Fixed: If cover art for a CD was modified by user prior to ripping, the ripped track could replace the cover art with something from YADB.
4. Fixed: The new tag window could crash when editing in certain scenarios.
5. Fixed: TV Channels' custom ordering was not retained during library and settings upgrade from version 21.
6. Changed: TV channels' custom ordering will be included as part of settings backup/restore.

22.0.3 (6/24/2016)

1. Fixed: Check for Updates wasn't working.

22.0.2 (6/24/2016)

1. NEW: Single albums are detected and the album type field will show "Single album".
2. Fixed: ATSC over-the-air EPG scan was hard to cancel (took too long, or hang).
3. Fixed: A timer was running repeatedly for nothing when TV engine scans for channels or for OTA EPG programs.
4. NEW: Preliminary support of HD television channels that use H.265/HEVC video encoding.
5. Changed: Further work on SoX resampling to improve reliablity and delay handling.
6. Fixed: Link fields wouldn't work outside audio views.
7. Fixed: Libraries wouldn't migrate from MC21 (might require a fresh install for it to happen).

22.0.1 (6/23/2016)

1. NEW: Fields can be configured as "Linkable" so that they'll show the little link icon next to them.
2. NEW: You can analyze the audio when doing the import of a single folder now.
3. Fixed: TV Logs message for a critical error was not properly formatted.
4. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Files/Current would crash at the root of Theater View.
5. Changed: MC will reset EPG loading timestamps on startup if it detects previous incomplete EPG loading due to crash or other failures.  This way previously failed loading will restart as soon as possible.
6. NEW: The SoX resampler can be enabled in Options > Audio to handle all your resampling needs.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 22.0.7 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 09:16:39 am »

As a notice for early adopters please note that the library versions of MC21 and MC22 are not compatible, which means two things:
- Your library will be upgraded when you install MC22, so its strongly advised to have a backup in case you want to go back
- MC22 cannot talk to MC21 over the Library Server protocol, all involved systems need to match

Changes like this are unavoidable when new features are added to MCs database, but the release of new major versions is the only time we do them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:47:44 am »

NEW: When playing a file that has no cover art, the cover art will be automatically downloaded from the internet.

Can this be turned off ?

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:51:44 am »

Congratulations on the release of MC 22.

Question, should the Upgrade to Master License option still be displayed when using a Master License. I upgraded from MC 21 for Windows to MC 22 Master License yet it still shows the option to Upgrade to Master.

John

RD James

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 12:51:09 pm »

NEW: The SoX resampler can be enabled in Options > Audio to handle all your resampling needs.
I can't comment on audio quality yet, but SoX seems to handle odd sample rates better than the old resampler.
I can now resample 32.728kHz directly to 192kHz instead of being restricted to 44.1kHz.

8. NEW: When playing a file that has no cover art, the cover art will be automatically downloaded from the internet.
Is there an option to disable this?

Manfred

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 12:57:51 pm »

Download->Install->MC 22  8) works ;D Congratulations! Looking forward for further Releases.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Iznogūd

• Recent member
  • I'm trying to learn
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 04:17:50 pm »

MC22 won't open if Media Server is already running. I have Media Network enabled and Media Server set to run on Windows startup, and there are no other user accounts on my PC.

This configuration works flawlessly on MC21.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 07:10:42 am »

MC22 won't open if Media Server is already running. I have Media Network enabled and Media Server set to run on Windows startup, and there are no other user accounts on my PC.

This configuration works flawlessly on MC21.

I can confirm.

We're working on a fix.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up