INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.9 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 19815 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 22.0.9 for Windows -- Available here
« on: July 14, 2016, 02:58:49 pm »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
<Please use latest build.>

22.0.9 (7/14/2016)

1. NEW: Context menu "Audio Programs" to select a different audio program on the same DVB (this already exists for ATSC) TV channel.
2. Changed: The way that LinkedZones were reported by MCWS changed (unintentionally) recently so we switched it back.
3. Changed: Added the option "Lookup cover art for files that have no cover art at playback time" so that you can disable cover art lookup (and made it off by default).
4. NEW: Began implementing the settings pages in Panel for Windows.
5. Fixed: MC could show channel-changing confirmation popup (under certain user configurations) erroneously when changing between ATSC channels.

22.0.8 (7/13/2016)

1. Changed: The "Link To Playlist" menu on Car Radio buttons is now nested and sorted.
2. Fixed: The launcher wasn't working and launching MC while the server was running wouldn't work.

22.0.7 (7/11/2016)

1. Fixed: Tooltips could show the previous tooltip for a split second when they first showed.
2. NEW: You can right-click Car Radio buttons and link them to any existing playlist.
3. NEW: Holding shift while setting the volume of a linked zone will set the volume for all the zones in the link.
4. NEW: "Panel" which is the beginning of a new web interface.  Take a look at http://localhost:52199 (or whatever port you have configured in 'Media Networking').

22.0.6 (7/7/2016)

1. Changed: Added some TV Log entries related to background EPG loading.
2. Fixed: Opening locally available Data files from a Library Server would still attempt to download them in some situations.
3. NEW: When exporting all the playlists, it now asks for a format (m3u or m3u8).
4. NEW: The function MCWS/v1/Library/Import has a new parameter "Block" to tell the function to wait until the import finishes to return.
5. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks bytestar!).
6. Fixed: When syncing to a handheld device, tracks with same name but a different disc number are now treated as distinct files.  Previously they were weeded out as duplicates.
7. NEW: Added a confirmation message to entering audio only mode to confirm that you really wanted to do that.
8. NEW: When playing a file that has no cover art, the cover art will be automatically downloaded from the internet.

22.0.5 (6/30/2016)

1. Changed: When the IPC stream is played for WDM driver playback, it won't create a Recent Playing Now entry.
2. Fixed: The WDM driver was still version 21.
3. Changed: Switched the "Show all values" cap for the Tag window from 50 values to 1000 values.
4. Changed: DVB channels marked as scrambled are no longer excluded because some channels that are free and non-DRM'ed do have this flag set.
5. Fixed: Equalizer DSP was showing values slightly different than what the user chose for decibel adjustment.

22.0.4 (6/28/2016)

1. Changed: Tooltips can be 80% of the screen height instead of 50%.
2. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks bytestar!).
3. Fixed: If cover art for a CD was modified by user prior to ripping, the ripped track could replace the cover art with something from YADB.
4. Fixed: The new tag window could crash when editing in certain scenarios.
5. Fixed: TV Channels' custom ordering was not retained during library and settings upgrade from version 21.
6. Changed: TV channels' custom ordering will be included as part of settings backup/restore.

22.0.3 (6/24/2016)

1. Fixed: Check for Updates wasn't working.

22.0.2 (6/24/2016)

1. NEW: Single albums are detected and the album type field will show "Single album".
2. Fixed: ATSC over-the-air EPG scan was hard to cancel (took too long, or hang).
3. Fixed: A timer was running repeatedly for nothing when TV engine scans for channels or for OTA EPG programs.
4. NEW: Preliminary support of HD television channels that use H.265/HEVC video encoding.
5. Changed: Further work on SoX resampling to improve reliablity and delay handling.
6. Fixed: Link fields wouldn't work outside audio views.
7. Fixed: Libraries wouldn't migrate from MC21 (might require a fresh install for it to happen).

22.0.1 (6/23/2016)

1. NEW: Fields can be configured as "Linkable" so that they'll show the little link icon next to them.
2. NEW: You can analyze the audio when doing the import of a single folder now.
3. Fixed: TV Logs message for a critical error was not properly formatted.
4. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Files/Current would crash at the root of Theater View.
5. Changed: MC will reset EPG loading timestamps on startup if it detects previous incomplete EPG loading due to crash or other failures.  This way previously failed loading will restart as soon as possible.
6. NEW: The SoX resampler can be enabled in Options > Audio to handle all your resampling needs.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: Media Center 22.0.9 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 03:34:46 pm »

Download is not working; getting this error...
HTTP 403 error

Microsoft Edge can’t get to this page
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »

Download is not working; getting this error...
HTTP 403 error

Microsoft Edge can’t get to this page
Thanks for reporting that. It's fixed now.

Desja55

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 03:53:39 pm »

2. Changed: The way that LinkedZones were reported by MCWS changed (unintentionally) recently so we switched it back.

Problem fixed. Thank you

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 06:22:53 pm »

Program isn't updating from Help Menu- see screenshot.    Latest updates selected, shows 22.0.8 as latest rather than 22.0.9. and doesn't download 22.0.9.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 06:26:12 pm »

Program isn't updating from Help Menu- see screenshot.    Latest updates selected, shows 22.0.8 as latest rather than 22.0.9. and doesn't download 22.0.9.

Sorry.

Should be fixed now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 06:32:49 pm »

3 minute support response time, that's what I call service!
Sorry.

Should be fixed now.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Don Winter

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 08:05:20 pm »

I keep getting an error window that says "unable to register controls" Am I doing something wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 08:21:59 pm »

3 minute support response time, that's what I call service!

I would have been faster but my stupid fat fingers at home were running S3Fox Organizer in Firefox when I remembered I should have been using CloudBerry Explorer instead!

Desja55

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 08:28:27 pm »

Link Zone:
The hiden zones should not appears in the "Link Zone" menu.
I am not sure if this issue was in previeous build.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 01:56:20 am »

I'm unable to connect to MC22 server library from either MC21.0.86 Windows client or Linux MC21.0.88 client. On the Windows machine if I use MC22 as client I can connect OK.

Do both Server and Client have to be MC22? (a bit tricky for Linux as it hasn't been released yet).

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 01:57:31 am »

Do both Server and Client have to be MC22? (a bit tricky for Linux as it hasn't been released yet).

Yes they do.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 02:07:14 am »

Yes they do.
Unfortunate.....when will Linux MC22 be released?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 05:38:23 am »

Maybe next week.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 07:38:36 am »

Link Zone:
The hiden zones should not appears in the "Link Zone" menu.
I am not sure if this issue was in previeous build.

True enough.

Next build:
Changed: Hidden zones no longer show up in the link to menu.

Desja55

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 02:06:11 pm »

True enough.

Next build:
Changed: Hidden zones no longer show up in the link to menu.

Thank you Matt

oenomath

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 01:00:16 am »

With the new version (library on my PC )
problem with (JRiver Mac  21 .0 91// OS 10.11,6)
unable to  load /playing from main library  (PC: JRiver 22.0.9/ windows 10)
Thx a lot

Jean-François

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 01:21:49 am »

With the new version (library on my PC )
problem with (JRiver Mac  21 .0 91// OS 10.11,6)
unable to  load /playing from main library  (PC: JRiver 22.0.9/ windows 10)
The two versions aren't compatibile.  You'll need MC22 for Mac, too.  Probably next week.

RD James

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 01:16:49 pm »

Bug: Middle-clicking anywhere on a linkable field opens a search for it in a new tab.
This prevents autoscrolling from being used in the view.
Only clicking the link icon should do this.

It's not a bug, but it would be nice if the autoscroll icon was updated with a nice retina-quality icon.
The included one is quite ugly and doesn't display correctly when skin inversion is enabled.

Holmestead222

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 05:03:56 pm »

Can the auto download of missing cover art when file is played be turned off?

Shike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 05:35:25 pm »

BUG

Track seeking won't work for remotes including official Gizmo on Win10 X86 on some tracks that work with Win10 X64.  I've also attempted EOS which failed track seeking as well.  Example album that demonstrates this on every track IIRC is Nightwish Endless Forms Most Beautiful.  The first track - Shudder Before the Beautiful demonstrates this.

I was having problems with a 3rd party application that gets information from jriver, and after not hearing anything decided to confirm that the 3rd party software was in fact extraneous to the issue.  This is a definite MC bug regression that actually occurred a while ago based on my findings which are posted here and has been carried all the way to the latest release.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 09:31:28 pm »

Can the auto download of missing cover art when file is played be turned off?

22.0.6 (7/7/2016)

8. NEW: When playing a file that has no cover art, the cover art will be automatically downloaded from the internet.

22.0.9 (7/14/2016)

3. Changed: Added the option "Lookup cover art for files that have no cover art at playback time" so that you can disable cover art lookup (and made it off by default).
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ronp

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 01:14:07 pm »

Using Windows 10. The install gets to "upgrading previous version" and after a bit goes into being nonresponsive. Have I missed something?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:31 am »

Importing videos from playing now hangs MC for me. Has been working at least in MC21. Files are imported after I close the MC so maybe something in the analysing phase is causing the hanging?
Pages: [1]   Go Up