INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bought license for 4 computers, system crashes  (Read 2562 times)

CCFOK

• Recent member
bought license for 4 computers, system crashes
« on: August 19, 2016, 01:02:27 am »

I bought 2 MC22 license, 1 is a master, other just for windows.
I have 2 registration codes both are with same email address. (it could be causing the problem, don't know how to solve it!)
After only a few rips of CD, the computer crashes that I had manually switched off the computer and the same happened again & again.
I'm a computer idiot, I don't know understand or what to do with the screen shown,

it says the problem might be:
1. The program is also running under a different user account
2. Media Center 21 and Media Server are both in Windows Startup. You must remove one
3 The program is not responding for an uknown reason.

Please help me!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: bought license for 4 computers, system crashes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:10:24 pm »

Did you check what the warning says?

CCFOK

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 04:20:37 am »

Hi JIm
Thanks for your kind response.
The problem is I don't know what or how to check.
My new laptop has only the JRiver media center 22, google chrome, windows explorer running Windows 10, nothing else.
Do I need to uninstall the media center software in my other 2 computers to eliminate this problem?
Or those 2 license I bought will be interfering each other in someway among those computers?
Kind regards,
Chung

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:40:19 am »

The other computers can't cause a crash on this one.

The licensing doesn't matter.

What are you ripping?  What format?   Try setting the ripping options to only convert one track at a time.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 08:06:03 am »

I don't know understand or what to do with the screen shown,

it says the problem might be:
1. The program is also running under a different user account
2. Media Center 21 and Media Server are both in Windows Startup. You must remove one
3 The program is not responding for an uknown reason.

Please help me!

Sometimes this message comes up when you exit/close MC and then try to restart it too quickly (too soon after closing). Because when MC closes it does some "behind the scenes" processes/procedures, so it is technically still running when you try to restart it. If you wait 60 seconds or so, then restart MC you won't get this message.

MC may not be crashing - it may just be unresponsive. On a new installation, as you are importing your media files, MC goes through and creates thumbnails and analyses audio and does other stuff, so sometimes there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

Also during the analyzing process, if you have a "bad file", that can cause MC to not respond. So if you having problems, you might want to try setting everything up without any audio analysis (go to "Tools>Options>Library & Folder" then uncheck the box "Run auto import in background", and under "Configure Auto Import" uncheck the boxes for "analyze" and "build thumbnails". If either of those step helps, then recheck them one at time until you find which one causes the crash (or unresponsiveness).
Pages: [1]   Go Up