INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV setup "Channel Scanning not working in Windows OS Build 14393.105"  (Read 3147 times)

renegilo

• Recent member

After a clean install of Windows 10 14393.105. And installing mediacenter 22 version 22.0.21, the channel scanning when setting up the TV configuration does not scan.

After going through the setup everything completes with the exception of the channel scan. Thinking that for some reason it may take a while last night I went to bed thinking that it may be complete this morning it wasn't.

The problem persists on all my desktops that have a TV tuner installed with the same version of windows installed. The tuner I use on all is the Hauppauge Wont HVR 2255.

MC21 worked without a hitch until the upgrade to MC22. I've attempted to get it to work before installing AV software and a clean install nothing seems to work. Attached is a printscreen of where it stops.

Attached: Printscreen

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV setup "Channel Scanning not working in Windows OS Build 14393.105"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:55:12 pm »

Did it work before Windows 10 14393.105?  Or this is the very first time you tried MC22?

You can turn on logging and then try repeating the channel scan procedure.  After that save the logs and either post the zip file here, or email it to me.  I am yaobing at jriver dot com

Here are the instructions on how to get log files.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

renegilo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 01:57:04 am »

It did work before the Microsoft update to windows 10 version 14393.105 but hasn't since. It appears that everything else works. attsched is the log.

renegilo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:53:00 am »

Did it work before Windows 10 14393.105?  Or this is the very first time you tried MC22?

You can turn on logging and then try repeating the channel scan procedure.  After that save the logs and either post the zip file here, or email it to me.  I am yaobing at jriver dot com

Here are the instructions on how to get log files.

Yes it did work before Microsoft upgraded windows. Here is the log.

renegilo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 08:18:57 pm »

Were you able to look at the log file I attached? And are you able to help me fix the problem?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 08:46:18 am »

Were you able to look at the log file I attached? And are you able to help me fix the problem?

I looked at the file you provided, but it does not contain any log files.  It only contains a system info file.  We need "Log.txt" and "Previous Log.txt" files.

I believe what happened was that  you clicked "Report problem..." right after you clicked "Output to a log file" checkbox.  That will not grab any logs.  You need to click "Done" to exit that dialog after making sure "Output to a log file" is checked, and then run the tasks that you need to be logged (in your case, run TV channel scanning).  Only after you finish running the tasks and reproduced the issue you want to log, you go back to Help > Logging, and click "Report problem..."

By the way, did you try reinstalling MC22 after discovering the channel scan issue?  Sometimes it is a installation issue that can be fixed by re-installing.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 07:00:28 pm »

Have  you solved this problem?

I upgraded one of my computers to the latest Windows 10 build (I got 14393.187) and tested channel scanning.  It works fine.

So, if you are still having trouble, do one or more of the following:

1, Update Windows 10 to the latest (through Windows Update).
2. Re-install MC22.
3. Update Hauppauge device drivers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up