INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TiVo HMO/Media Server Instructions  (Read 53723 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
TiVo HMO/Media Server Instructions
« on: April 17, 2003, 01:08:19 pm »

To use TiVo's HMO to listen to your Media Center music or look at your Media Center Photos, do:

0) These apply to Media Center 9.0.154 and higher (including 9.1). Please update to the latest version of Media Center if running a previous version.  You will find the latest builds on our downloads page.

1) If you haven't already done so. load the TiVo desktop (available on TiVo's website: http://www.tivo.com/).

2) You no longer need to exit TiVo Publisher. It will coexist with Media Server.

3) Start the TiVo Beacon service if it is not running. (control panel->Admin Tools->Services).  It should be running by default if you installed the TiVo desktop.

4) Start Media Server (from Media Center: tools->More Tools->Media Server). Double click on the Media Server icon in the task bar. Click settings->options. Under network settings, choose automatic. Under TIVo HMO choose "Support TiVo HMO on Port 8079 (with beacon on port 2190)" and select "Support all audio formats".

5) Click OK. Click Yes in the message box showing "Media Server is connected. Do you want to reconnect?". If you don't see this message box, then click "File->Share". You must restart the server after any changes to the options, and after the TiVo beacon is running.

6) If you are showing the status window, you should see:

...sharer ready to accept connections
...Started auto response thread on 5556
...TiVo HTTP ready for connections.

7) It is not recommended to have the TiVo in shuffle mode while playing Media Center playlists that have "Sort: random". While this works and does the logical thing, the logical thing is not intuitive at all.

Comments:

1) You do not need TiVo's Desktop if you are using Media Server TiVo on port 80, or if you do not need autodetection of Media Server TiVo. If you are running TiVo Publisher, you cannot use Media Server TiVo on port 80. We strongly recommend installing the desktop and using TiVo Beacon.

3) If the TiVo Beacon is not running, Media Server will run its own version of the Beacon. This lite version does not have the autodetect capability.

4) You can also manually choose the Media Server port (under options->network), but do NOT choose 2190 or 8079. You can also choose to run TiVO HMO on port 80 (make sure this does not conflict with the Media Server port (under options->network) but you must then enter the IP address of Media Server on the TiVo (no autodetect) and it make take a long time (minutes) for TiVo to identify your server.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TiVo HMO/Media Server Instructions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 01:16:56 pm »

9.0.154 should be out later this afternoon.

The previous TiVo thread is here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1050344637

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 03:30:05 pm »

Guys,

Three thumb's up!  9.0.154 looks like a winner!  Great logging, played file display, serves TiVo and two other computers nicely, and just plain works.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Marc
THAT's what I'm talking about.

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 03:36:21 pm »

To use TiVo's HMO to listen to your Media Center music or look at your Media Center Photos, do:
1) If you haven't already done so. load the TiVo desktop (available on TiVo's website: http://www.tivo.com/).

John,

Why?  I'm not running "that TiVo thing" on my PC and everything seems to be working fine.   ?  Media Center's Library combined with the latest fix of Media Server seem to do the job without any hiccups or lack of expected functionality.  Is there something that I'm missing here?

M
THAT's what I'm talking about.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 04:35:04 pm »

It's optional.  You don't have to run any TiVo software to make it work.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 04:47:00 pm »

9.0.154 is definately a winner in my book too!  It fixed all the quirks that I was having with the Media Server not being detected by the Tivo...and I really love the option to use the Tivo Desktop in conjunction with the Media Server.  It gives me the flexibility to publish using either software (or both).

Great work on another excellent product!

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 05:03:17 pm »

John,

Why?  I'm not running "that TiVo thing" on my PC and everything seems to be working fine.

Hi Marc, the only thing you are missing is the auto-identification (you don't have to type in an IP address). Once you get set up, there shouldn't be any difference.

j

jeffk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2003, 11:03:01 am »

John,

I installed this build, and it still seems to have the "skip to end" of list bug.  When pressing this buton it either takes forever, or doesn't display the folder.

Also, the spreed of displayign folders is also incredibly slow.  I have run both MC and TivoPublished side by side, and its VERY Noticable.  

Try this as an example.

Load up a semi large list of folders.

Press channel down say 6 times rather quickly to page down 6 pages.  It will take a Number of seconds to actually refresh your folder listing [i'm talking upwards to 5-10 seconds].  In Tivo Publisher this is instantaneous.

Try the above with MC then with TivoPublisher, and you should see what I am talking about.

Jeff

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2003, 11:13:02 am »

John,

I installed this build, and it still seems to have the "skip to end" of list bug.  When pressing this buton it either takes forever, or doesn't display the folder.

Also, the spreed of displayign folders is also incredibly slow.  I have run both MC and TivoPublished side by side, and its VERY Noticable.  

Try this as an example.

Load up a semi large list of folders.

Press channel down say 6 times rather quickly to page down 6 pages.  It will take a Number of seconds to actually refresh your folder listing [i'm talking upwards to 5-10 seconds].  In Tivo Publisher this is instantaneous.

Try the above with MC then with TivoPublisher, and you should see what I am talking about.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The "go to end" is on my list, I just haven't got to it yet. I don't think it is going to make it today either, but the next build after that.

I haven't tried the channel down yet, I'll give that a try and see if it is slow.

Thanks,

j

jeffk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2003, 11:19:40 am »

John,

No problem,  Thanks for the update.  It sure is looking good, and handles a few things tivopublisher gives me network errors on [such as playign alrge mp3's, as logn as 2 or 3 hours long], good work.

Jeff

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 01:02:33 pm »

So, does auto-detection not work (at least "quickly") UNLESS we install the TiVo Beacon ?

This used to work instantaneously, but not anymore ..

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2003, 05:19:27 pm »

Anybody? Anybody?  I would prefer to be *able* to set it to the old port (If that is what causes it to be auto-detected without running the TiVo Beacon from the TiVo Desktop app) ..

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2003, 05:54:10 pm »

Hi drosoph

Autodetection has never worked except with the TiVo beacon installed.

The old port number doesn't really affect anything.

Sounds like you have a different problem. More details?

j

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2003, 06:21:30 pm »

Details: Running build 155, with Media Server on, HMO enable, port 8079, No TiVo Desktop software installed ... TiVo NEVER detects the Media Server. (I have the IP of the PC running Media Server entered in manually)
Install TiVo desktop software and only run TiVo Beacon .. Tada, Detection occurs (2-3 seconds).

History:  Previous MS Builds auto-detected just fine (2-3 seconds) with no TiVo desktop software (port 8080 was used) ... IP of PC running Media Server had to be entered manually for it to detect.

Media Center Registered 9.0.155 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1798 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2003, 07:13:31 pm »

Details: Running build 155, with Media Server on, HMO enable, port 8079, No TiVo Desktop software installed ... TiVo NEVER detects the Media Server. (I have the IP of the PC running Media Server entered in manually)
Install TiVo desktop software and only run TiVo Beacon .. Tada, Detection occurs (2-3 seconds).

Maybe I broke our beacon when I made the port change. I'll check on monday.

I was confused by autodetection: if you enter the IP address on TiVo, this is not autodetection. Autodetection lets TiVo find the server without entering the IP address.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 02:26:31 pm »

I made a slight change to the instructions: you cannot use Media Server TiVo on port 80 at the same time as TiVo publisher: you must use a beacon.

I tried to reproduce fail to connect problems, and couldn't.

j

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2003, 06:56:32 pm »

Let me get this straight:  You have  Media Server on, HMO enabled, port 8079  selected ... you are absolutely not running TiVoBeacon.exe as a service .. and you have NOT manually entered your IP into your TiVo HMO Screen ...

and all is well ? How long does it take for your Tivo to recognize your MS ?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 07:17:37 pm »

Let me get this straight:  You have  Media Server on, HMO enabled, port 8079  selected ... you are absolutely not running TiVoBeacon.exe as a service .. and you have NOT manually entered your IP into your TiVo HMO Screen ...

No this is NOT the case. If you do not use TiVo Beacon, then there is no autodetection (autodetection is having the TiVo detect the server without entering an IP address):

1) You do not need TiVo's Desktop if you are using Media Server TiVo on port 80, or if you do not need autodetection of Media Server TiVo. If you are running TiVo Publisher, you cannot use Media Server TiVo on port 80. We strongly recommend installing the desktop and using TiVo Beacon.

3) If the TiVo Beacon is not running, Media Server will run its own version of the Beacon. This lite version does not have the autodetect capability.

If you do not enter the IP address, then you MUST use TiVo beacon.

Other things can go wrong with autodetection as well: if the client and server are not on the same network segment, autodetection won't work.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2003, 01:49:21 pm »

Hi Y'all, the new build out (9.0.157) contains a couple of fixes.

First, and biggest: I fixed a big streaming problem. Any mp3 stream that had a path would not work (so http://scastsrv2.shoutcast.com:8048/ would work, but http://205.188.209.193:80/stream/1040 would not). Unfortunately, this was a large number of radio stations. But they should be working now. As before, wma stations work fine.

Please note that the some stations (WOLF) tend to be flaky. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, but this is the station, not Media Server. Try playing them from Media Center if you think there is a problem.

I also fixed a bug where playlists would run off the end, but nobody had noticed :)

Enjoy,

j

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2003, 03:19:00 pm »

Gate Man, Out Standing Everything Seems To Work That Is Plays In MC9 It Also Works In Tivo.

I also fixed a bug where playlists would run off the end, but nobody had noticed

you think my wife would let me tie up the Tivo that long? Come on  ;D
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2003, 04:50:21 pm »

I noticed with the builds from today, that some improvements were noted in the TiVo Sildeshows.  I did notice that pictures are no longer squeezed, but they also are now not showing fullscreen either.  Now, there is black space around all sides of a picture (1600x1200).  The same picture shows fullscreen with TiVo publisher.  

Fixed in next build.

j

I just loaded .158 after having been gone for a few days...the top/bottom bars are gone, but the side ones are still there...effectively squeezing the image so that people look thinner than they really are!  The same pictures are shown fullscreen in TiVo publisher.  

For now, I have TiVo publisher running side by side to look at the pictures which seems to work fine.  As previously mentioned, this occurs with 1600x1200 pictures, which are therefore already 4:3.

-Jim

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 06:41:38 pm »

Thanks. I'll check tomorrow.

j

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2003, 06:11:35 am »

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 07:45:58 am »

I posted a reply directly in the .162 thread, but unfortunately the black side bars still exist when I show my 1600x1200 pictures.

-Jim

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2003, 04:26:14 am »

[millertivo's post moved here by JimH]

I have read some previous threads and my problem seems similiar but not exactly the same.  

I had my laptop at work with me today.  Before I went home I installed the 163 build.  Then when I got home I saw the 164 build so I installed that.  I started having problems viewing photos and playing music.  I was able to do some, but ultimately I would lose a connection.  Also, if I tried to play and stream and it did it's normal "burp,"  I couldn't close Media Server without ending the program in the Task Manager because Media Server said it was still engaged in a task.  In any case, now Tivo doesn't see Media Server at all and I can't play anything

I installed the 162 build (I don't know if it is that simple to rollback to a previous version) because that was the one that last worked.  I had the same problem.  I have since reinstaled the 164 build.  Here is the log:

04/30/03 07:41:16 - cannot connect
04/30/03 07:41:16 - tcp_write failed error=10038
04/30/03 07:41:16 - bad version
04/30/03 07:41:16 - sharer starting
04/30/03 07:41:16 - Initializing server.
04/30/03 07:41:16 - Server initialized
04/30/03 07:41:16 - sharer ready to accept connections
04/30/03 07:41:16 - Started auto response thread on port 5556.
04/30/03 07:41:16 - TiVo HTTP ready for connections

Then on the Tivo I go to the Music and Photo's screen where usually it will show the IP address of my machine for a quick second, then display my Media Center Music and Photo.  Instead, nothing happens.  And the log says this:

04/30/03 07:41:42 - received a connection
04/30/03 07:41:42 - Current Connections: 1
04/30/03 07:41:42 - ready for another connection
04/30/03 07:41:42 - sharing thread started
04/30/03 07:41:42 - sending 415
04/30/03 07:41:42 - Client tried to download an unsupported file type.
04/30/03 07:41:42 - sharing thread exiting

I do not use the Tivo Publisher or Beacon.  I don't have that software installed.  The settings that worked for me before and don't now are "Support TiVo HMO on port 8079 (with beacon on port 2190).  I have tried changing this to port 80, but I get an error message that the port isn't available.  Also, I know that Tivo is getting an internet connection because I can listen to the music on Tivo's servers.

Thanks for any help you might offer.  I was rolling along fine until yesterday.

--------------------------

Media Center 9.0.164 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2389 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 334 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A  
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TEAC     DW-224E  Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2003, 07:32:20 am »

Hi MillerTiVo

1) Setting the conversion rate to 320 will cause more traffic to flow between Media Server and TiVo.

2) The log shows that your ports are messed up somehow. The TiVo is trying to connect to the non-TiVo-Media-Server port. I'd suggest using port 81 for Media Server, and port 8079 for Media Server TiVo.

We'll start again with tne slow network after this is done.

j

millertivo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2003, 07:44:46 pm »

Thanks, John.

I tried what you suggested (Media Server port 81 / Tivo HMO port 8079) and that didn't work.  So I started from the top of the thread and installed the Tivo Desktop since I hadn't previously done that.  I made sure the Tivo beacon was running and followed the directions.  I'm back up.

I've seen mentioned that there is a Media Server version of the beacon.  Should I kill that process, now that I'm running the Tivo beacon?  If so, what is the name?

However, I still have the streaming problem I mentioned earlier.

Here are some examples of the streams I'm trying:

http://205.188.245.131:8048/~~~stream~~~.mp3
http://64.236.34.141:80/stream/1015/~~~stream~~~.mp3
http://152.163.134.164:80/stream/1018/~~~stream~~~.mp3

Also, I open up Task Manager and watch the wireless network performance and all the Media Server window only.  Without doing any other activity, I didn't notice any bursts of activity that coincided with the stoping and starting of the stream.

Perhaps more frustrating is sometimes the stream hangs and doesn't reconnect.  The status is "Waiting (X sec)" and then the only way to close Media Server and restart is to end the application from the Task Manager.

If there is any other information or logs I can provide, let me know.  Thanks, again.

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2003, 08:06:58 pm »

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but as of build 165 there are still black bars on the sides of pictures (1600x1200).  The same pictures appear fullscreen in TiVo Publisher.

-Jim

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2003, 12:40:57 pm »

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but as of build 165 there are still black bars on the sides of pictures (1600x1200).  The same pictures appear fullscreen in TiVo Publisher.

-Jim

Hi Jim, I don't think you got my last message. I made a 1600x1200 picture and did the side-by-side deal with TiVo Publisher and Media Server. They are exactly the same size now. I have space on the edge of the TV screen for both.

Can you double check that they are different sizes?

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2003, 12:45:58 pm »

I've seen mentioned that there is a Media Server version of the beacon.  Should I kill that process, now that I'm running the Tivo beacon?  If so, what is the name?

No need.

However, I still have the streaming problem I mentioned earlier.
Here are some examples of the streams I'm trying:
http://205.188.245.131:8048/~~~stream~~~.mp3

I'm playing with them now.

Perhaps more frustrating is sometimes the stream hangs and doesn't reconnect.  The status is "Waiting (X sec)" and then the only way to close Media Server and restart is to end the application from the Task Manager.

The closing bug is fixed in the next build.

j

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2003, 07:53:11 am »

The tivocommunity.com board has been down for four days now.  Here's a new board to help serve during the outage:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tivo

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2003, 08:18:12 am »

Here are some photos of TiVo screens when used with Media Center:

http://www.jriver.com/~jriver/misc/tivo/

tkoopman

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2003, 07:19:59 pm »

I have the Tivo Publisher running w/ the beacon and Media server running w/ Network - automatic,
Library - default, Tivo HMO - support Tivo HMO on port 8079 (with beacon on port 2190) & support all audio formats 128 kps.  From the tivo I see the published files from the tivo publisher but not the media server?  I have imported files from media center by doing Tools\Import media...  Please help!

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2003, 07:37:20 pm »

I have the Tivo Publisher running w/ the beacon and Media server running w/ Network - automatic,
Library - default, Tivo HMO - support Tivo HMO on port 8079 (with beacon on port 2190) & support all audio formats 128 kps.  From the tivo I see the published files from the tivo publisher but not the media server?  I have imported files from media center by doing Tools\Import media...  Please help!

Hi tkoopman,

I'm assuming TiVo Publisher and Media Server are running on the same machine.

The main sharing menu on the TiVo should look like:
Xs music on Y
Xs pictures on Y
Zs music on W
Zs pictures on W

X and Z may be the same user, and Y and W may be the same machine. One group is for TiVo Publisher and the other is for Media Server.

If you have no pictures in TiVo publisher, one of the picture lines above will be missing.

If you don't have this, then TiVo is not seeing Media Server.

If you do, then click on the music line for Media Server. If you click on the line for TiVo Publisher, you'll only see the music available through TiVo publisher. (And, when you click on the line for Media Server, you'l only see the music available through Media Server).

Are you getting this far? Farther?

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2003, 07:37:46 pm »

Hi tkoopman,

Xs music on Y
Xs pictures on Y
Zs music on W
Zs pictures on W

X and Z may be the same user, and Y and W may be the same machine. One group is for TiVo Publisher and the other is for Media Server.

If you have no pictures in TiVo publisher, one of the picture lines above will be missing.

If you don't have this, then TiVo is not seeing Media Server.

If you do, then click on the music line for Media Server. If you click on the line for TiVo Publisher, you'll only see the music available through TiVo publisher. (And, when you click on the line for Media Server, you'l only see the music available through Media Server).

Are you getting this far? Farther?

j

Shadowen

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2003, 10:28:42 pm »

Does the Tivo Publisher need to be running for Media Center to work?  I didn't think it used to, but lately it has been acting a little flakey.

I have the Tivo Beacon service set to load automatically at system boot time.  I do not run the Tivo Publisher, but I do run the Media Center.

Sometime I get the message "Tivo Beacon not available" when the computer starts up.  I even added a delay of up to 30 seconds thinking that Media Center was trying to launch before the Tivo Beacon had time to startup.  That seems to get rid of the message (sometimes), but I still don't see the Media Center server on the Tivo unless the Tivo Publisher is also running.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2003, 04:15:38 am »

Does the Tivo Publisher need to be running for Media Center to work?  I didn't think it used to, but lately it has been acting a little flakey.

You shouldn't need TiVo Beacon running.  I saw a similar problem a while back, but if I waited long enough the TiVo found Media Server.

There are two TiVo programs running.  Try stopping them both.  Control Panel/Admin Tools/Services?

tkoopman

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2003, 05:59:57 am »

j:

Yes on windows xp sp1 running MC9 v9.0.175
----------------------------------------------------------------------
j:
Xs music on Y
Xs pictures on Y
Zs music on W
Zs pictures on W

I see two menus sharing from the tivo publisher only?

I see the following in the media server:
sharer ready to accept connections
started auto response thread on port 5556.
tivo HTTp ready for connections
with no found errors above.  
should I see files shared when I click Files\Statistics on the media server?
in the options menu I have the Network configuration set to automatic port selection, when I first double click the media server I notice 192.168.1.100:80 conflicting with tivo?  I have also tried manually setting it to 81.
I also noticed the current maximum bandwidth: 0 kb/s.
clicking reset makes no change?
How do you change the library from default?  do I need to browse to my files here?
also as a note I have the tivo set to look for my ip 192.168.1.100 in HMO

thanks for all your help.
Ted

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2003, 08:39:48 am »

Hi Ted,

TiVo Beacon doesn't seem to be sending the Media Server info.

Are you running the latest version of the TiVo software?

Turn off the beacon and restart Media Server (using Media Server's version of the TiVo beacon).

j

Shadowen

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2003, 02:58:19 pm »

I have the Tivo Beacon service set to load automatically at system boot time.  I do not run the Tivo Publisher, but I do run the Media Center.

Sometime I get the message "Tivo Beacon not available" when the computer starts up.  I even added a delay of up to 30 seconds thinking that Media Center was trying to launch before the Tivo Beacon had time to startup.  That seems to get rid of the message (sometimes), but I still don't see the Media Center server on the Tivo unless the Tivo Publisher is also running.

I found out what the problem was.  Another application (a download manager) was using port 80, and MC was set to use port 80 so the Tivo was not properly detecting the MS.   Once I disabled the other application the MS started working properly again.

jordan

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 06:47:44 pm »

The TiVo is trying to connect to the non-TiVo-Media-Server port.
 ::) ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up