More > Media Center 11 (Development Ended)

TV Tuner and Hauppauge WinTV card

<< < (2/3) > >>

KingSparta:
larrywas

FYI

if you go to MC, Help, System Info

MC will collect most info and some info you did not post and you can then paste it into your messages.

Yaobing:

--- Quote ---1. System is windows XP, 512 mb DDR RAM, oodles of HD space.
--- End quote ---

Since you have Windows XP, you have at least DirectX 8.1 on your machine. That is therefore not a problem. By any chance have you installed DirectX 9? I do not have a problem using Direct 9 on my machine, but some people seem to have trouble with it.

--- Quote ---
2. WDM 331_20112, WinTV2K 339_21112. In installed WM9Codecs and wmbonusxp. The card is WinGO PCI.

--- End quote ---

Your driver is not the most updated one. You might want try Hauppauge's latest WDM driver. This may or may not solve the problem but is worth a try.

--- Quote ---
3. It used to work, but I had to re-install windows XP when I updated my motherboard to ASUS A7N8X Deluxe.
I don't know what vers it worked with, but it hasn't worked since the new M/B installed. Could this be the problem.
--- End quote ---

There could be many causes, this could be one of them, or it could even be the only cause, but I can not tell for sure.

What I found out is that Hauppauge's drivers are not the best drivers in the world. It maybe that the driver and your new motherboard do not work well together. As a last resort, take a look at my post here
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1043898312 and see if you want to try that route.

larrywas:
I have now installed WDM 331_20340 and it made no difference.
I downloaded your "last resort", installed it and have the following errors when running WinTV;
  cannot locate capture filter
  cannot build filter graph
  winTV initialization error hTV=0
so I re-installed WinTV and the WDM drivers
No difference in using media center 9. same error.
My system from MC9 is :
Media Center Registered 9.0.109 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1714 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 314 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Z: AOPEN    CRW1232            Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

larrywas:
I forgot to mention that I am using directx 9.

Yaobing:

--- Quote ---I have now installed WDM 331_20340 and it made no difference.
I downloaded your "last resort", installed it and have the following errors when running WinTV;
  cannot locate capture filter
  cannot build filter graph
  winTV initialization error hTV=0
so I re-installed WinTV and the WDM drivers
No difference in using media center 9. same error.

--- End quote ---

So, the following are true, right?

1. With WDM331_20340 driver, WinTV2000 works. But MC 9 does not.

2. With the generic Connexant driver, WinTV2000 does not work, and MC 9 does not work. Your post did not mention whether you tried Connexant driver with MC 9. I am not supprised that the Connexant driver does not work with WinTV2000 since Hauppauge's WinTV2000 may require driver from Hauppauge, but MC9 does not have such requirement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version