INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Anyone own a Rio Cali?  (Read 1036 times)

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
OT: Anyone own a Rio Cali?
« on: December 03, 2003, 11:49:39 am »

I am thinking of buying a Rio Cali mp3 player.  I currently have an Ipod, but need something a bit smaller for use in the gym.  Does anyone have any experience with the Cali?  I assume it works flawlessly with MC (as my Ipod does), but would appreciate any comments.  Thanks.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:OT: Anyone own a Rio Cali?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 12:42:08 pm »

Warlock,

We do not have one here, but I tested one briefly and it worked well with MC if you enable support for WMDM devices.  The player seemed to work pretty well for what it is.  Hopefully others who use it more will give some more feedback.

Steve

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 01:04:55 pm »

I too am looking for a mp3 player that not only works good has lots of memory but works with MC9

I think thats one of the problems with players your always guesing what one will work with the jukebox be it MC9 or some other jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 11:33:57 am »

The 256 MB Cali looks like a good balance between size, price, and features.  My fear, as King noted, is that it won't work with MC.  User reviews I have read mention that Rio requires its own software to transfer files.  That would be a huge dissapointment.  

Steve, you mentioned that you tested it with WMDM enabled, what is that?

-Warlock

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 01:24:20 pm »

Warlock,

The Portable Drives Plugin includes an option under 'Configure' for enable WMDM support. WMDM is a Windows standard way of communicating with Portable Devices that are designed according to certain specifications from Windows. The Cali I tested worked with this model. WMDM is typically not as robust as the support for the players in which we have custom plugins, but it should be workable for basic functionality.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up