More > Media Jukebox

Ipaq MP3 Player - Crashes MJ8

<< < (3/3)

nekura:
Steve, I'd love to, but silly me took a trip down memory lane and realized that if I did install any drivers, it was back when I was using Windows 2000.  After a fresh install of XP, my Compaq IPad was working fine with MusicMatch without the use of additional drivers.

SteveG:
Nekura,

Thanks anyway.

cscordo,

Ugh. Not sure where to go now. You may need to install another app to verify that the problem is consistent between multiple apps which would imply a hardware / driver issue. The fact that this works for Nekura tells me that it is not us, but who knows.

Steve

cscordo:
I agree-

As much as I hate to do it- I might have to install MusicMatch to see if it functions properly. I'll post back with any updates.  

Thanks for everyone's input on this, its much appreciated.

cscordo:
After a lot of trial and error, and a couple of calls to Compaq, I've got the PA-2 working with Windows XP and Media Jukebox.  

As it turns out, an updated Windows XP driver supporting both the PA-1 and PA-2 devices is available at www.rioport.com (link at bottom).  After telling customer support numerous times that I would not install MusicMatch (their recommendation at a resolution), they basically 'fessed up' and told me where to get the driver (weird, eh?).  

After downloading the driver (and before installing it), I went to the device manager and uninstalled the "USB Devices/Compaq PA-1 Device" item.  Then installed the new driver and restarted the machine.  XP recognized the device, then I was able to open Media Jukebox and format the card.

As a quick recap, if you have a Compaq Ipaq PA-1 or PA-2 device that does not work with XP, do the following:
1. Download the updated XP driver from Rioport (link below)
2. Uninstall the device in the Device Manager.
3. Install the Rioport driver and the MediaJukebox PA-1 driver.
4. Restart your machine.

I've been impressed with Media Jukebox since v7 and I appreciate the all input I received from this forum- Thanks!

PA-1/PA-2 Drivers (Rioport.com) http://www.rioport.com/SoftwareResources/1,4055,,00.html#drivers

SteveG:
cscordo,

Many thanks for your effort in pursuing this and for posting the fix.  

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version