INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for VBRFix...  (Read 2587 times)

Herakles

• Recent member
Looking for VBRFix...
« on: March 22, 2004, 10:02:03 am »

...or even better a bug fix! :)

I'm in the process of ripping (finally) all of my cds but, like many others on this board who are using the mp3 vbr format, some of my mp3 are ripped with a corrupted vbr header (32 bitrate, long duration...).  After a quick search, i've come across the solution of using VBRFix but the official website http://www.willwap.co.uk/Programs/vbrfix.html have been down for some time now.

While waiting for a fix for this bug, i would be glad if someone could point me to another location where i can find this utility.

Thanks!

Herakles

• Recent member
Re:Looking for VBRFix...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 11:53:52 am »

I found an easier solution to the 32 bitrate problem. Removing the file from media library and reimporting it will do the work. Hope it can help to locate the problem since it seems that it's happening only when i'm ripping a cd...

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 12:11:47 pm »

It doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem if you uncheck "Rip and encode simultaneously".  At least, I haven't seen it yet.

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 08:44:23 am »

I found an easier solution to the 32 bitrate problem. Removing the file from media library and reimporting it will do the work. Hope it can help to locate the problem since it seems that it's happening only when i'm ripping a cd...

I must have missed this.  Surely this means it's definitely a Media Center bug and not the fault of the LAME encoder?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 08:37:15 am »

With MC 10, right-click the files and pick Library Tools > Update Library (from tags).  MC should then get the correct length.

Also, is this happening with the latest MC 10 on new rips, or is the length only wrong for old files / MC 9 rips?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 09:29:23 am »

With MC 10, right-click the files and pick Library Tools > Update Library (from tags).  MC should then get the correct length.
I did this for the only file I have that's messed up.  It shows a 1 second length and a 44128 bitrate.  Nothing changed, it still shows these stats.

Any other ideas?
pretend this is something funny

Sauzee

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 09:50:37 am »

Also, is this happening with the latest MC 10 on new rips, or is the length only wrong for old files / MC 9 rips?

Thanks.

I've tried 'update from tags' and deleting and reimporting but that doesn't solve the problem on my affected files

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 09:52:24 am »

Please send one of the files to matt @ jriver.com

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 11:10:48 am »

Matt, I've sent you one of my MP3s ripped with a recent build of MC10 which displays this problem.  Weird thing is, some of the MP3s do respond to deleting and reimporting them and afterwards display correctly.  The one I've sent you doesn't.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 11:46:50 am »

Look for a fix next build everyone.

Thanks for helping us track it down.

ethomp

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 09:15:03 am »

After a quick search, i've come across the solution of using VBRFix but the official website http://www.willwap.co.uk/Programs/vbrfix.html have been down for some time now.

Just as an FYI, it looks like you can still download it from http://www.paulgeluid.nl/tools/VBRfix/

I have a few files ripped and encoded by other programs, and some of the info is way off, like a bitrate of 2340.  I have tried updating library from tags, but they don't change in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up