INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.124 Available  (Read 4468 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.124 Available
« on: April 27, 2004, 05:08:42 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100124.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.124 (4/27/04)

1. Changed: MC is now smarter about using ZIP files associated with MJP.
2. Fixed: MC was incorrectly handing errors for WMA streaming files in case network connection was missing.
3. Fixed: Portables would not always handle converting to VBR correctly on the fly.
4. NEW: Backspace (and mouse back button) in Theater View goes back.
5. NEW: Added drop-list style items to option tree used in Tree & View options.
6. NEW: Switched Options > General page to newer style options tree.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 10.0.124 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 07:14:28 pm »

NEED TO BE FIXED:

Current version doesn't have appropiate icons for "Album thumbnails" and "Detailed view" toolbar's buttons.

New buttons still have the same icons as List style.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 08:07:39 pm »

NEED TO BE FIXED:

Current version doesn't have appropiate icons for "Album thumbnails" and "Detailed view" toolbar's buttons.

New buttons still have the same icons as List style.

The art for version 10 is finalized.  You'll have to read the toolbar tooltips or not use these buttons.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 03:35:10 am »

In the left hand collum in Theatre view, List/Thumbnails does not update poperly sometimes.

try this:
 set Playing now to show list
goto audio and show thumbnails.
Now go back to playing now and the button says list when it should say thumbnails. If you press it, the icons change to thumbnails but the button doesnt change to list.

I hope this makes sense, it is easy to replecate, honest.
:)
Rich

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 05:32:55 am »

BUG: Replay gain and Peak Level get lost when upgrading from MC9 to MC10

I just upgraded my MC from version 9 to 10.
I have 10000 MP3s which are all audio analysed and the results are stored inside my MP3s.

You haved changed the storage format in version 10, e.g.
version   9 stores: Media Jukebox: Replay Gain -12,3354
version 10 stores: Media Jukebox: Replay Gain -11.1432
Same for Peak Level.

Your tag parser obviously ignores anything follwing the ',' since you changed it to '.'

Result is that all my files are now either of Peak Level 0 or 1.
All Replay Gains get truncated to the integer in front of ','.

Can you update your tag parser to be downward compatible or do I have to re-analyse all my MP3s?

Thanks for a great product!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 07:30:13 am »

You haved changed the storage format in version 10, e.g.
version   9 stores: Media Jukebox: Replay Gain -12,3354
version 10 stores: Media Jukebox: Replay Gain -11.1432

I had no problems with that when I upgraded to MC 10.
My files are like this (analyzed by MC 10):

COMM (Tool Name): Media Center
  COMM (Tool Version): 10.0.119
  COMM (Replay Gain): -11,24006
  COMM (Peak Level): 0,98917
  COMM (Intensity): 5

And this (analyzed by MC 9.1):

COMM (Tool Name): Media Center
  COMM (Tool Version): 9.1.317
  COMM (Replay Gain): -7,33369
  COMM (Peak Level): 0,99933
  COMM (Intensity): 1

Did you change your regional/language settings in OS? I have Finnish settings and the default decimal symbol is comma.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 08:26:43 am »

To Alex B:

you are correct, it must be a locale problem. I'm on german locale which uses a  '.' dot. But I'm not aware that i was on english locale when i tagged my files, i'm sure i wasn't. My OS is in english version but my locale is german.

But since this information is stored in the MP3s it shouldn't depend on a locale or at least information about which locale stored the information should be stored together with the data.

Switching the locale on XP doesn't help since Media Center reverts the locale to german as soon as i put focus on MC.

I guess i have to re-analyse.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 09:09:20 am »

To Alex B:

you are correct, it must be a locale problem. I'm on german locale which uses a  '.' dot. But I'm not aware that i was on english locale when i tagged my files, i'm sure i wasn't. My OS is in english version but my locale is german.

But since this information is stored in the MP3s it shouldn't depend on a locale or at least information about which locale stored the information should be stored together with the data.

Switching the locale on XP doesn't help since Media Center reverts the locale to german as soon as i put focus on MC.

Change the locale and restart MC.  It loads the system locale settings on startup.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 09:56:47 am »

In Windows Explorer, hitting enter on a DV format .avi file tries to load MC but fails with a message saying failed to register license or something.

Playing the same kind of file and then closing MC (without hitting stop first) sometimes causes a media core error and crash.

:)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 10:07:18 am »

I'm on german locale which uses a  '.' dot.

Finnish (Finland) uses by default comma.
English (UK and US) uses by default dot.
German (Germany and Luxemburg) uses by default comma.
German (Switzerland and Liechtenstein) uses by default dot.
You can override that to whatever you like.

Anyhow, it's a bug because:

My locale setting is "Finnish". I opened a previously analyzed MP3 file in Notepad and this is what I found:

Media Jukebox: Tool Name Media CenterCOMM   (      Media Jukebox: Tool Version 10.0.113COMM   '      Media Jukebox: Replay Gain -3,40457COMM   %      Media Jukebox: Peak Level 0,56555COMM         Media Jukebox: Intensity 2

I closed MC. Changed my locale to "US English". Started MC and analyzed another file:

Media Jukebox: Tool Name Media CenterCOMM   (      Media Jukebox: Tool Version 10.0.124COMM   '      Media Jukebox: Replay Gain -9.09609COMM   %      Media Jukebox: Peak Level 0.98148COMM         Media Jukebox: Intensity 5

So the tags in the files are actually written in different "language".

For example:
My Locale uses comma as a decimal separator. I have an Excel spreadsheet with decimal calculations and I send it to someone who has the "dot" Locale. Excel changes only the display output and the keyboard input according to the Locale. The actual data in the file is not changed and works for both users.

It's clearly a bug. If I send my "comma" files to somebody who has a "dot" locale then the replay gain is not working. What if I move to a different country/locale and take my library with me? Those values in the file tags should not be dependent on Windows Locale settings.

Don't panic yet. Wait for JRiver folks' answer. There must be a solution to this.

P.S. Matt, I saw your answer in the preview. The problem remains.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 11:31:42 am »

Hi Alex B,

that's what i think too. The raw data inside the MP3 is not allowed to depend on locale. Locale is for viewing only.

Besides, i could let the computer re-analyse my files without problem over night but i just think it's a bug that should be fixed.

Now i see more clearly what happened: i have a desktop pc at home with German(Germany) locale which uses comma. That's where i tagged my files.
Now i moved them to an external USB 2.0/Firewire drive.
This drive is now with me in Switzerland where i happen to work with a swiss notebook with German(Switzerland) locale which uses dot.
So here i go, it's wrong on either one of my machines unless i chnge the locale settings and override them which i won't do.
Stuck.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 11:35:56 am »

Next build will read those values regardless of the locale they were tagged with.

You'll need to do an "Update Library (from tags)" to get the next build to see the values.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 12:40:07 pm »

Next build will read those values regardless of the locale they were tagged with.

You'll need to do an "Update Library (from tags)" to get the next build to see the values.

What happens if the values are only in the MC library and not written in the file tags and the locale is changed? In the next build, I mean. I know that it is not working now.

How about changing MC to accept both variations, "dots" and "commas" without updating the library? Perhaps that should be any character, except the numbers. Are there other decimal separator standards on our globe? That could be a solution for old files. Is it technically possible?

In my opinion there should be one universal style in the future. The "dot", I think. Otherwise there can be other problems. For example in the plug-in development.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 12:46:07 pm »

4. NEW: Backspace (and mouse back button) in Theater View goes back.

This is brilliant. Thanks. Now that mouse back and forward work, could Alt-left and Alt-right do the same, for compatability?

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 02:13:58 pm »

BUG #1: Using a Multimedia Keyboard the Play/Pause/Stop/Previous/Next buttons to not function.  They work perfectly in Windows Media Player (9.00.00.3128).  I have encountered this problem in Media Center before and in the previous product Media Jukebox (v9 but not in v8).  It was corrected in some previous version (build) and I don’t know when it resurfaced.  Encountered when I updated to Build 122 so installed Build 124 to validate (I don't know how many previous builds this existed).  I would appreciate any valuable feedback as to possible or known issues.  Specific keyboard: Wireless Natural MultiMedia Keyboard using IntelliType Pro (5.00.174.0)

Previously Reported In Version 10.0.122 (still existing)
BUG #1: Have several (two+) songs in the "Playing Now" and select "Artist Info" current artist is displayed correctly.  Select Next (song) button and next song starts.  Press the "Refresh" button (F5) on the "Artist Info" and the previous Artist Info is displayed and not the current.  Only by selecting "Playing Now" and then selecting back to "Artist Info" will perform the update.

BUG #2: In all List Views (i.e., Playlists-->Top Hits) if you scroll down (using the mouse and the scroll bar) quickly the new list items are displayed twice; first at the wrong height (and other attributes causing more items to be painted than the final result) and then a second update formatted correctly occurs.  The second update occurs quickly but nevertheless the information is being updated twice.

------------

Media Center Registered 10.0.124 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3044 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 638 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 02:38:27 pm »

When using FF/REW (Crtl L or R), samples are not played back correctly.  Rather than hearing a little bit of the song at each point it jumps to, you simply hear the same sample over and over again, creating a "broken record" effect.  This will sometimes not happen on the first try, but after using FF/REW a time or two it starts to happen.  This makes it impossible to listen for a particular area of a track.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up