INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.97 Alpha Available  (Read 5674 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.97 Alpha Available
« on: October 07, 2004, 05:09:20 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110097.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.97 (10/07/04)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when closing MC after connecting to Portable Devices.
2. Fixed: Possible 'Server Busy' message when a new Portable Device connected.
3. NEW: Added support for ATI HDTV Wonder high definition TV tuner.
4. Fixed: CD-text burning was broken.
5. Fixed: After renaming files with MC, Import & Update would erroneously detect that the files had external changes and re-analyze them.
6. Fixed: Tagging of files locked by playback or other programs is more elegant -- MC will keep trying to tag for 10 minutes after which it will display an error.
7. NEW: Library Server plugin replaces some of Media Server. Allows converting audio format on the fly to support low bitrate networks.
8. NEW: Built in plugin support for Zen Touch and Zen NOMAD Jukebox Zen
9. Fixed: Server busy message after connection of some portables for some people.
10. Fixed: Deleting files from album thumbnails or file browser could cause problems in some cases.
11. Fixed: Document files could not be played in some cases.
12. Fixed: Zone-specific MCC commands were not properly routing to the target zone.
13. NEW: "Print Image" is now available from right-click menu while viewing images.
14. Changed: Audio silence trimming on by default.

11.0.95 (10/05/04)

1. Fixed: Switching from Full Screen View at a non-desktop resolutions would cause Theater View to be the wrong size.
2. Changed: Theater View uses the same resolution as Full Screen View.
3. Changed: The mouse cursor turns to a hand when over a list item where a click will do something right away. (like the rating column)
4. Changed: Upload speed improvements from MC to Portables.
5. NEW: When 'ShowDeviceID' is entered in 'OpenURL' path, Windows unique portable device identifier will be displayed for Removable drive type portables.
6. NEW: CD Ripping: Cue file naming convention is configurable in advanced ripping options dialog.
7. NEW: The advanced ripping options dialog has an added option to automatically save the secure mode log file to the same directory as the ripped files.
8. NEW: CD ripping options page has added option to turn off the "auto-rip" mode. When disabled, MC won't automatically start ripping a newly inserted CD.
9. NEW: Support for fixed drive mass storage portable devices which are not WMDM compatible.
10. Fixed: Some calculated fields (like month) were not working properly in searches and in the panes.
11. Fixed: Some keyboard shortcuts were being translated in the search box when they shouldn't have been. (backspace, etc.)
12. Fixed: Dropping files onto Media Library would not update the view to show the new files.
13. NEW: Added context menu option to update CD info from the cdplayer.ini file rather than YADB.
14. NEW: Added "Split View" controls to View menu. (ctrl+shift+click keyboard easter-egg removed)
15. Fixed: Library Browser "View: Audio" menu would not show under the words on large sizes.
16. NEW: Retooled history system to maintain a seperate history for each split view.
17. Changed: Forward / back inside a webpage view won't leave the view anymore.
18. Changed: Non DRM wma files will transfer to Portable Devices which are not WMDM compatible.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re:Media Center 11.0.97 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 05:16:17 pm »

Any way we can get an option to lock the ratings? It's pretty easy to change them by accident...

THanks
-

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 05:26:22 pm »

"Thumbanails style view" button and "Details style view" button share the same toolbar icon. This coincidence is quite impractical. Any chance you change the icons on MC11?

The actual images are the ones MC8 (and maybe earlier) had. Not everything is about technolgy...

bebop

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 05:49:36 pm »

something strange here,  when opening MC, the font on the tree reverts to the default and everything else is still at my chosen font size.   The options are set to my chosen size when I check, and by clicking on Ok, the font changes on the tree to match the rest of the screen.  This has happened ten times in a row on opening and closing and a couple of times when switching views.

IanG

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 05:54:11 pm »

.mpv files (primary video) are appearing under the Documents icon (the one labeled "Games"!).  This is causing some sort of conflict with the Real player, which tries to find an update to play them, fails and then MC crashes.

Ian G.

matshif

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 06:06:05 pm »

something strange here,  when opening MC, the font on the tree reverts to the default and everything else is still at my chosen font size.

The same here.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 06:14:31 pm »

Changing Media Mode via, menu or the Icons (on the right hand side) changes the panes, however does not change the tree. As I had previously shutdown MC in "Images" mode, I now can't get to my view schemes! :(

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 06:16:59 pm »

Thumbanails style view" button and "Details style view" button share the same toolbar icon

This is a blast from the past! I remember the campaign for this when they were first introduced  :-\

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 06:43:52 pm »

I've split out a thread on the changes for Media Server aka Library Server.  It's here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23952;start=0

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 06:44:30 pm »

Matt..

With Single panes, when you first start MC the top portion is very skinny, From here you can adjust it to be half the screen,... When you restart it has the top part very skinny again...

I'd post a pic, but my website is screwy...
-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 11:52:01 pm »

In Split View... wouldn't it be easier to use if the pane you last clicked on became the active pane, thus the one that you're "Controlling"? So that if I clicked on the middle pane, and then clicked on Playing Now, MC would just set the middle pane to Playing Now, rather than make me go to the menu to choose which one to change? It seems like a lot of extraneous clicks this way.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 11:57:22 pm »

In Theater View, if I drill down into an album until I get to the list of files, click on one file in the list and choose Play, MC adds the entire album to Playing Now.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Odd Smartlist Behavior
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 12:38:15 am »

I have one smartlist that gets 75 minutes of random files.
A second list that gets 75 minutes of favorites sorted randomly.
A third that uses both those lists to get 150 minutes of music sorted randomly.

Starting with .97 when I go to the 150 minute list I see the selections and they are correct. Sorted randomly, time, etc.

I right click and choose play or simply hit the play button.

150 minutes of different selections are played.

Maybe play is re-running the smartlist? The selections shown in the smartlist do not change but the selections played/queued are different.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 05:05:08 am »

When clicking the "tools" menu, MC does some really hard thinking and then loads the menu after about 1 - 2 seconds. If I move the cursor to other menus, they all pop up immediately, if I move back over the "tools" menu, MC has to do loads of thinking again and again takes 2 or 3 seconds to load the menu.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the "Games" button is now showing up in place of the "Documents" button on the media modes? Perhaps this is just a glitch with mine. It shows the controller icon, and the tooltip says games, however on click it launches the documents media mode

I also second the post on the media modes not changing in the tree when changed via media mode buttons on the right side. The tree is staying is whatever mode it starts up in.

Split views are not sticking on close and restart. Never got a heads up as to whether this was a bug or intentional, so i figured I'd post it again.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 08:11:03 am »

I get tagging error when trying to rate songs. I didn't have this problem with the last build
Rich

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 10:29:10 am »

Now that I'm using split views, I'd love it if MC could save the views when exiting.  

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 10:40:59 am »

a little thing that bugs me:
why does the logfiles name have to be the name of the last tracks title, when using the secure rip. would be better if the logfiles name would be the title of the CD
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)
Pages: [1]   Go Up