INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some way to share 'setups' like skins, but different.  (Read 2633 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Some way to share 'setups' like skins, but different.
« on: October 25, 2004, 12:27:55 am »

Would anyone else find it interesting or useful to be able to share MC 'setups' with others.  Things like view schemes, smartlists, playlists, visualizations, etc.  Sort of like a skin.  It makes your MC look different, but doesn't change your library, or files.  Just makes it look and act different.

We could call them 'clothes' maybe, or 'armor'. ?

I'm sure many people have some great organizational ideas, or clever smartlists.  there's just no good way to share them.  if they were saveable, or downloadable, they would be easy to share.  if I could use a couple good ideas from a few different people, I might be able to put together a better useage pattern, or workflow than what I use now.  I think it would be very interesting to see how other people use MC.

I'm certain I'm not using all of the cool features to their best use for my needs, and this might be a good way to learn how others do some things better than me.

What do you guys think?
pretend this is something funny

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Some way to share 'setups' like skins, but different.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 02:18:46 am »

i agree, would be cool. in other formus (like desktop sidebar, etc.) they have a thread each month for cool schemes and setups. maybe we should open one here for each month with a screenshot (though i personaly dont know how to do one) and smartlist formulas etc..

zeltak 8)

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 02:33:55 am »

Absolutely! This is a great idea! A good built smartlist can mean the world to you...or a clever view scheme as well :)

Count me in!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 08:45:32 am »

I'm wondering... if you deleted all of your files out of your library, would MC still keep all of the view schemes and smartlists? Because then you could just upload the empty library. Then somebody else could download that empty library, import all of their files into it, and have it organized the same way you did.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 09:41:19 am »

Gamer created a gmail account for sharing Smartlist code etc. and gave out the password for public use.  I'm not sure how many people used it.

This would work for Smartlists, Thumbnail captions etc.  Not sure about view schemes though.  This would be cool, but it gets to the point that you have to live in MC 24/7 to  be able to take advantage of all the different options and flexibility.

I definitely want all the smartlists I can get.  I have almost given up on making too many more view schemes, life is complicated enough without having to manage all those things.

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 01:58:12 pm »

I'm wondering... if you deleted all of your files out of your library, would MC still keep all of the view schemes and smartlists? Because then you could just upload the empty library. Then somebody else could download that empty library, import all of their files into it, and have it organized the same way you did.
This is cool idea, but I think it doesn't work because of all different custom fields that we are using. I think that custom fields will be imported with empty library, but then we have to tag files with this custom fileds to make some view schemes work. But I would like to see one place for sharing view schemes and smartlists. It wold be great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up