INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.111 Alpha Available  (Read 3219 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.111 Alpha Available
« on: October 26, 2004, 05:13:27 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110111.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.111 (10/26/04)

1. NEW: View state information (columns, sorting, list style, selection, etc.) is stored in the database instead of per-user. (still a work in progress)
2. Fixed: A refresh (F5, etc.) would collapse all the tree items.
3. Changed: Startup location no longer supports 'Last Location' -- instead, a root item can be choosen. (required to support newer internal architecture)
4. NEW: Added ~split smartlist keyword for building mixes of different ratios. (example: 40% 5-stars, 30% 4-stars, 20% 3-stars (or unrated), 10% 1 or 2 stars) (see other thread for syntax)

11.0.109 (10/25/04)

1. Fixed: Smartlists wouldn't rerun when doing an F5 update. (would have to leave and return to view)
2. Fixed: Searching Media Library would update the list control with the last search, not the current search.
3. Fixed: Tree wouldn't properly update when switching Media Modes.
4. NEW: Added 'Disc #' field for more elegant handling of multi-disc sets.
5. Changed: Switched to new WM 10 standard for storing ratings in file tags.
6. Changed: Improved and expanded the "File Type Info" tag dump for WMA files.
7. Changed: WMA tagging uses "JR/" instead of "MediaJukebox:" as a prefix for custom fields.
8. Changed: Default sorting includes 'Disc #' before 'Track #' so that multi-disc sets sort properly.
9. Fixed: When importing a playlist, MC would report that it "found new files" for the file inside the playlist, even if those files were already in the library.
10. Fixed: Playlists that referenced other playlists wouldn't work properly.
11. Fixed: Some areas wouldn't accept external file drops properly.
12. Fixed: Smartlists with a random sorting keyword were still being sorted according to the view settings.
13. Fixed: When switching to Playing Now, the current file could be scrolled out of view.
14. Changed: Theater View would add all visible files when viewing files and picking "Add" on a single file.
15. Changed: Clicking a non-selected item in Theater View now selects the item, then shows the menu.
16. Fixed: Media Server was not reading file names properly.
17. Changed: Expanding Drives & Devices tree item will be faster on some systems.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 11.0.111 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 05:51:20 pm »

"3. Changed: Startup location no longer supports 'Last Location' -- instead, a root item can be choosen. (required to support newer internal architecture)"

how does that work  ? ?

zeltak

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 08:43:15 pm »

Options --> Tree and View --> Tree --> Auto Collapse option is not working.  If you disable it, the tree still auto-collapses.

(from the 11.0.109 Thread).

This is fixed with 11.0.111.  Thanks!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 08:48:05 pm »

File Associations: Audio Playlist (m3u,pls,xpl,bpl) is always selected.  If you deselect it, it will be selected again (this occurs during install as well).

Media Scheduler is not running.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 02:28:14 am »

Listening to only 2 secs of a track adds to the "number played" field and "last played" field.

Don't know if this is by design or accident but I preferred it when these 2 things happened after more than 50% of the track was listened to.

John.

jankm

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 07:52:33 am »

Listening to only 2 secs of a track adds to the "number played" field and "last played" field.

Don't know if this is by design or accident but I preferred it when these 2 things happened after more than 50% of the track was listened to.

John.

This has been happening to me for a while now, its been only happening to a song immediatly following a song I played all the way through.

Jaqqe

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 08:25:34 am »

3. Changed: Startup location no longer supports 'Last Location' -- instead, a root item can be choosen. (required to support newer internal architecture)

Why oh why ? Does this mean I can't select Audio as startup location ??
Money... no, chocolate makes the world go round. Even here in Finland.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 08:49:13 am »

Jaqqe, you can choose whichever location you want from the option menu. HOwever I dont think you can start in different media modes other than Media Library.

A quick bug post. If I am in full screen mode watching a video or DVD, I press the stop button (one of 4 multimedia keys on the right side consisting of play/pause, stop, prev, next) on my Inspiron 8600, and the video or DVD stops and then jumps to Theater View instead of Standard View.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 01:15:58 pm »

I like playlists headers. Maybe if there is more info showned, like how many albums, artists or genres is in the playlist, average rating or similar like in the Library browser.

Media mode trees are allways collapsed. Is this a bug?
BTW, download manager still crashing.

ocenter

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 02:59:26 pm »

shn files are not being imported and ones that were in the library are missing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up