INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronising Portable device  (Read 1902 times)

rudeboymcc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Synchronising Portable device
« on: October 30, 2004, 07:31:10 pm »

Hi. i'm using the Archos Gmini and would like to synchronise Music, Photos and playlists on it all through Media Centre.

one thing i don't know how to do is tell media centre which folder is for which media. for example if i tell it to autosync, i think it might put the music files in the root directory, but for the mp3 player to play the songs they have to be put in /Music folder.

how do i tell media centre which media goes in which folder? i haven't tried anything yet fearing that something will be deleted (happenned with iTunes).

rudeboymcc

• Recent member
Re:Synchronising Portable device
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 08:12:59 am »

K well someone must know something!

i have now tried synchronising with pictures and images.

when i synchronised pictures from MC to my archos, the images where given the exact folder directory tree as my computer. ie, they were put in Documents and settings/all users/documents/my pictures.

tried moving the files on the computer to my desktop, and sure enough it made another directory which is the same as my desktop.

however, if i synchronised and a file (say example.jpg) was already in Documents and settings/all users/documents/my pictures, it would not copy it to the Desktop directory.

is there something where i can tell it what directories it can use?
i've trried setting the root directory of the portable device but it just puts the documents and settings fodler in it.

i don't want to have to move my music and pictures to c:/music and c:/images just so i can use it with my archos.
a

anyone please help?! thanks.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 10:01:04 am »

rudeboymcc,

I can give some suggestions if you can let me know what version of MC you have and how the Gmini appears to your PC (Fixed drive? Removable Drive? etc).

I need to know this in order to know how to answer your questions.

Thanks,

Steve

rudeboymcc

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 12:48:23 pm »

I'm using MC10. the Gmini comes up as a Local disk (ie it shows as a fixed disk) and only worked when i changed the name of the drive to JUKEBOX (i had previosuly changed it to GMINI, Jukebox is it's factory default name).

thanks

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 01:30:42 pm »

rudeboymcc,

In MC 10, right click on your Gmini in the MC tree and you will see options for creating different folder structures based on tag info.  Which of these options have you selected?

Steve

PS MC 11 handles this more elegantly. You can browse to your Archos and assign a recognizable name to it for MC to communicate with Archos. This solves the base path issue. You can also assign a default folder for playlists (presuming your Archos support m3u playlsits) and have MC create m3u playlists for you.

rudeboymcc

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 04:38:59 pm »

Ah!. thank you! i had it set to none.

This seems to have sorted everything out. thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up