INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Submitting radio stations?  (Read 1084 times)

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
Submitting radio stations?
« on: November 26, 2004, 09:23:20 am »

Hi All,
I have tried submitting a radio show to the list but it doesn't work. I was hoping my link would be deleted as the page suggests after a week but it's been months now so i still can't have another go at it. I was trying to put in a BBC radio 2 show (the mike harding show), can whoever managed to put The Archers in the list tell me what the format of the link was as it must be similar?
Also, the BBC radio 2 link hasn't worked for a while, any chance of it being fixed? i hate using the RealOne player....
cheers
mark

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
Re:Submitting radio stations?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 03:53:25 am »

As an alternative to using the list, this is what i did (may be of use to you).

Find the URL of the station (so BBC Radio 2 is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/realmedia/fmg2.ram ) and do File->Open URL in MC and insert the URL.

It will start playing, go to Playing Now and change the list style to Details. Fill in any information into the tags that will help you find it again.

Right click and "Add To Library"

All radio stations saved like this will appear in the Video section of the library (because they are Real (.ram) files i guess) which is strange but works for me as i have no videos to confuse things.

It might not be what you wanted (in which case i apologise) but it avoids the whole list thing....

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
Re:Submitting radio stations?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 04:37:12 am »

Thanks, that a good work around.

Do you know how to get Media Center to play *.rpm files? like:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rpms/mikeh.rpm

i was surprised because it is a real player file which isn't listed in Media Center, but it can definately play it as the Archers show is the same format....

any ideas anyone?

cheers

mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up