INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Covert Art Not In Cover Art?  (Read 5846 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Covert Art Not In Cover Art?
« on: November 30, 2004, 01:59:53 am »

Alot of the cover art shown in the MC library is not in the Cover Art folder within the MC 11 directory.  Is there any way to get all of my cover art into that directory without manuallly doing it?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re:Covert Art Not In Cover Art?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 05:51:55 am »

Yes

first make sure all cover art is stored inside the ID3 tag if your using MP3

then change the default folder to where you want it, if it is already where you want to change it to another place, then back

then change the setting to art is stored external, this will unsave the art from the media file back into the cover art folder.

where is the cover art?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 09:40:59 pm »

Have some mp3's but mostly flac.  I don't think storing an image in a flac tag is possible but then again im not sure where mc is getting that from since its not in the cover art directory.  SO.....
I changed MC to save art in tag and then updated tags.  I then changed the cover art directory then back and then un checked the save to tags option which im assuming is the 'art stored external option' you reffered to.  Nothing changed in the cover art directory and I tried several different combinations of what you mentioned and still nothing.  I never saw or heard mc using the processor when I took these steps maybe i am missing something but mc does absolutley nothing after this process?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 09:45:05 pm »

just to add, I don't think FLac is the issue because I am missing art for both mp3's and flac files.  I originallly had alot of cover art but for some reason I lost it (not sure when since I wasn't viewing cover art all the time) so I then added those files manually from various places on the internet Buy.com wallmart etc.. and those are the ones saved in the cover art directory the art that I did not have to find is not in the directory.  Hope that helps.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 05:54:01 am »

well you can go to MC's cover art from internet option and select get from local and it will search from within the current album art folder.

i will also send you a link in private mail
Fayetteville, NC, USA

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 01:57:04 pm »

Figured out MC 11 is using 2 cover art directories.  THe old original MC and the MC 11.  I have tried your methods of changing the file location but mc does nothing.  Looking at the image file path field from the media library, MC continues to use the old file path for the files in question and most of those are flac since as i checked, they cna not hold a cover art image.  

I could just tranfer the images from that folder to the new one and then run 'get from file' however so i will try that and go from there.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 04:29:35 pm »

you have two threads on cover art i am going to close one.

yes this could be true, this happens when you upgrade

you can move them to the new folder and do like i said and get art from local, and it should look in the current cover art folder.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Covert Art Not In Cover Art?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 07:51:17 pm »

Haven't touched cover art in a week or two and MC has either changed or gotten rid of certain ones on its own.  Does not seem to be a pattern.  One song in particular did not have a cover art in the library view however the correct one showed in the cover art now playing visualization screen.  Right clicked on song and said quick find from file and the image was completely different???

I cannot even right click in the visualization screen to copy the image to then paste to the media library view.  So I had to go search for it on the Internet even though it was somewhere locally?

I still haven't really resolved the issue of the cover art directory, which has numerous inconsistencies and maybe causing problems above.  I am currently using MC 11.0.148

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 08:04:06 pm »

Haven't touched cover art in a week or two and MC has either changed or gotten rid of certain ones on its own.

MC does not do this

you seem to be having problems 1000's of users are not having.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 08:54:00 pm »

Many of those users a) don't use cover art that much or b) don't know its happening.(Good that there  are 1000's of users)  My problem may be remote but as I said I have not touched anything in relation to cover art in over a week and after I worked hard at gathering cover art, now several files have changed.  Not sure where I have gone wrong.  I think my cover art directory is severly screwed up and that is most deffinetly the problem.  I think when I switched over to MC11 from 10 it did not do it right(or i didn't know how to do it right) and now as Iv'e mentioned in previous posts there are numerous problems with MY Cover art directory.

I don't know wich files are being used and which are not within MC and thats the main problem.  MC is not keeping only files that are being used in the cover art directory.  There are numerous files that should or should not be there.

I have thousands of different cover arts so it would be worthless to sort through it and I can't start over since many of these files can not be stored in the the file itself thus they would be erased.

Basicallly MY cover art directory is a mess and I think thats why MC is mysteriously changing cover arts.

So if anyone knows of a way to start a fresh cover art directory(Tried king's method but MC itlself does nothing in terms of changing cover arts etc.) without deleting files that cannot be stored in the file(FLAC) please let me know!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 09:08:06 pm »

I Agree something has gone wrong, and i have never had a good conversion from one version to another.

But having Multi Cover Art folders does not help for sure (MC10, MC11)

Don't be fooled, many Hard Core users use MC and not just for Cover Art, and many data sources is required to keep them Satisfied.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 09:31:20 pm »

The only solution that I can come up with is to change audio codec's from FLAC to another lossless codec that stores image files eliminating my reliance on MC's cover art directory problems.   Unfortunately that would probably take forever on my system.  So hopefully the MC team is working on ways to clean up the cover art directory or at least not allow what I did to it.

King, what other problems have you encountered when switching to newer MC versions?

Thanks

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 10:12:03 pm »

The only solution that I can come up with is to change audio codec's from FLAC to another lossless codec that stores image files eliminating my reliance on MC's cover art directory problems.

I'm just curious. Where is your cover art stored? I keep mine in the same folder as the album it is for. I've never had a problem with losing them or not displaying.  I do not have problems when changing from version to version since I do not rely on the MC cover art directory.

Am I missing some capability that only is available if I use the MC cover art directory?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 10:23:29 pm »

Some of it is stored in the mp3 files and other I guess? is stored in the cover art directory for my FLAC files.  I don't have folders for each album although thats not a bad idea as I have been relying on MC to store the data and as of right now it has been a black hole at times i.e. I don't really know what specific process MC goes through when I copy from clipboard a cover art.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 05:07:05 am »

I know exactly where my cover art files are. They are in the album folders.

I scan or download them outside MC. I link them manually to the music files. I also import them to the MC library. I give them descriptive names and I even tag them (Artist, Album, Year etc.). I never have problems with them.

I just wish that MC could automatically start a new slide show for several images (back, CD, booklet, artist, etc.) when a track changes.

I have described my system in this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=22841.msg159422#msg159422.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 05:19:44 am »

King, what other problems have you encountered when switching to newer MC versions?

Thanks

Library Database and Play Lists, Not Converting

Other People Seem To Have No Problems However.
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up