INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cd/dvd database musings.....  (Read 1136 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
cd/dvd database musings.....
« on: December 11, 2004, 06:28:43 am »

I've not looked in mine for absolutely ages. The last few days I've been paying it some attention while I hone a few smartlists for searching all of my media, both hard drive and cd based, from one list.

The first thing I noticed was that it had catalogued every single cd/dvd that mc had "seen". This meant that there were numerous cd's and dvd's catalogued that really, I just didn't want or need to be there.

I'm talking about things like device driver discs, game dvd's and cd's and magazine cover discs.

I went through the database deleting all these unwanted entries, then began to look at ways to avoid this happening in the future. So far, I've been unable to sort out anything that works, so figured I'd bring the problem to interact for a shakedown...

I got to thinking that for the most part, I actually like the way that it silently catalogues the cd's in the way that it does, so I don't *think* I want that to change.

What I think would be neat, is if the "don't import previously deleted items" functionality could be extended to disc volume names, because as sure as eggs is eggs, over time, most of the cd's/dvd's I've just removed from the database will be re-imported and I'll need to remove them. Again.

Anyone else got any ideas or suggestions?

-marko.

ps. I had to go back to v11 bld 146 for this work, as 148 gave me the problems others had reported before where MC will hang when "drives and devices" is clicked on. Up until this build, I hadn't come across it.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: cd/dvd database musings.....
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 01:42:14 am »

the silence is deafening!!!

the "automatically import into library" setting makes no difference to this behaviour either.

How's everyone else's cd/dvd database looking?

How do you keep yours clean?

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up