Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MKV  (Read 2435 times)

benjamin00

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
MKV
« on: February 26, 2005, 05:03:06 am »

Hi,

i 've got the last version of Media center ( 11.0.199)  and when i try to import a mkv file i have this message:
Failed to import 1 file.
The log:
Adding: E:\Collateral (VOSTF)\Collateral.mkv
    Failed to analyze / add

Is someone can help me?

Thanks for your help

Benjamin

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MKV
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 05:49:00 am »

Hi,

i 've got the last version of Media center ( 11.0.199) and when i try to import a mkv file i have this message:
Failed to import 1 file.
The log:
Adding: E:\Collateral (VOSTF)\Collateral.mkv
 Failed to analyze / add

Is someone can help me?

Thanks for your help

Benjamin

MKV is the extension for Matroska video files. Matroska is a container file type. It can contain videos and audio made with various codecs and also subtitles. What codecs were used with your file? Do you have the codecs installed on your system? MC uses system codecs for video playback. MKV was recently added to the list of file extensions and MC should be able to import it if you have installed the correct codecs.

More information:
www.matroska.org
www.doom9.org
www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showforum=47
www.afterdawn.com
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 06:51:08 am »

Besides, if the file contains what I think you should order the video e.g. from here:
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007LN3ZG/qid=1109421335/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_11_2/171-9493808-9562621
and wait a few weeks.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benjamin00

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 04:47:10 pm »

i can read this type of file on my computer, but the problem is media center don't recognize this type of extension

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 06:41:59 pm »

Try dragging and dropping the file from your filesystem into MC...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benjamin00

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 01:06:50 am »

i try to drop the file but it doesn't work.
When i say i can read this type on my computer , i mean i can use Media Playe Classic to read it but Media Center can't do it

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 06:41:03 am »

Media Player Classic has most of the filters built-in. For MC and some other players you must install the needed filters and codecs by yourself. You could start with the Matroska Pack. More information can be found in the links I posted earlier.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 08:12:00 am »

I just tried to import the five Matroska Sample files that are available at www.matroska.org.

Only two of them was imported to MC. Perhaps it could be corrected by installing more filters and codecs, perhaps not. I have no interest to dig further into this at the moment. AC3/XviD AVI files with external subtitles work well with MC on my PC and that's all I need for now.

Matroska is a very promising open source container format. It can include chapters, subtitles, menus and file tags besides video and audio. It would be good to develop Matroska support further in MC.

Import log:
Import started at 27.2.2005 13:44:08

JRiver Media Center 11.0.196 (registered)

****************************************************************************************************

Building list of folders to search (27.2.2005 13:44:08)

****************************************************************************************************

Include: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-640x346-XviD-1.0beta2-HE_AAC_subtitled.mkv

Include: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-RV9-Karl640x432_HE_AAC_subtitled_chapters.mkv

Include: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\mewmew-vorbis-ssa.mkv

Include: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-1.mkv

Include: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-2.mkv

Exclude: C:\Soft\MClib\Thumbnails\

Searching for new files (27.2.2005 13:44:08)

Found: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-640x346-XviD-1.0beta2-HE_AAC_subtitled.mkv

Found: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-RV9-Karl640x432_HE_AAC_subtitled_chapters.mkv

Found: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\mewmew-vorbis-ssa.mkv

Found: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-1.mkv

Found: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-2.mkv

Importing new files (27.2.2005 13:44:08)

Adding: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\mewmew-vorbis-ssa.mkv

Failed to analyze / add

Adding: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-640x346-XviD-1.0beta2-HE_AAC_subtitled.mkv

Failed to analyze / add

Adding: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-RV9-Karl640x432_HE_AAC_subtitled_chapters.mkv

Failed to analyze / add

Adding: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-1.mkv

New File: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-1.mkv

Adding: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-2.mkv

New File: E:\Video\Matroska Samples\starwars10MB-2.mkv

Finished (27.2.2005 13:44:12)

Import stopped at 27.2.2005 13:44:12

raistlin2k

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 04:37:00 am »

The support for MKV and OGM inside Media Center is not good.

Installing Haalis Splitter, I have to exit Theater View for changing language and jumping to another chapter via the tray icon, it cannot be done inside MC.

Please try to integrate MKV more properly, the specs about both containers are open-source, so it should be easy to create a plugin that can offer integration of container settings into MC.

Please take a look at the source code of MPC (guliverkli), the integration of MKV is perfect in this program.

Thanks
Raist
Pages: [1]   Go Up