INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 MP4 problem  (Read 2098 times)

geoptin

• World Citizen
MC11 MP4 problem
« on: May 03, 2005, 02:54:49 pm »

Hi
I seem to have problems importing and/or playing my mp4 files. I didn't have this problem with the previous version 252. I always rip my cd's using Nero digital. After installing v. 254, MC11 sometimes doesn't import all the ripped mp4 files to th library, and sometimes does'nt import them at all!
Any help?
geoptin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11 MP4 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 03:12:22 pm »

I believe that Nero's MP4 files are different than Apple's and that we don't handle Nero's.  This link has some information.  Search for Nero.

http://www.audiocoding.com/modules/wiki/?page=MP4

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 08:55:25 am »

Could someone with a Nero MP4 send a sample to matt at jriver.com?

We'd like to get DirectX-filter style decoders playing through the MC audio engine. (so cross-fading, ASIO, visualizations, etc. would work)

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 05:38:53 am »

Hi Matt,

I tried to send you a small Nero digital sample a couple of days ago, but it was returned. Shall I try again or have you already got it from someone alse?

geoptin
geoptin

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 07:42:06 am »

The new Quicktime 7 will handle MP4 and *should* (I hope!) also support Nero formats.

Mac version already out. Windows version to follow soon according to apple webpage.

B

Sauzee

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 10:07:52 am »

I've had the same problem. MC was crashing when I imported from a directory which contained an mp4 file.

Even if MC doesn't handle nero mp4 files - it shouldn't be crashing when i import from a directory which contains them.

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 10:54:26 am »

Hi to the supporters of nero digital mp4!

I'd just like to mention that I began encoding my CDs to Nero digital mp4 and I must say it was a lot of work because I like to keep a pretty detailed library (song titles, artists, composer, year, genre...). When I started this thread and got the message that MC11 may/may not FULLY support this kind of audio format, I stopped encoding (I had already finished about 70 CDs). I started over but this time in wma format (192).  I'm not quite pleased and I stopped again. I guess I'll have to wait 'til JR decides which way to go.

What do you guys think? ?
Your comments are most welcome.
geoptin

bbrip:

I'll try to update my QT installation!
geoptin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 11:33:01 am »

The best solution is to use any lossless format.  APE or WMA are best supported by MC.

You can store about 3 CD's per GB of disc space.  The sound is identical to a CD.

Give it a try and see for yourself!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 11:51:50 am »

Could someone with a Nero MP4 send a sample to matt at jriver.com?

We'd like to get DirectX-filter style decoders playing through the MC audio engine. (so cross-fading, ASIO, visualizations, etc. would work)

Thanks for the help.

Does this mean I could finally use G-Force with m4a files?  Hopefully so.  IŽd send one if I had one.

Great work Matt!!
pretend this is something funny

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 12:58:42 pm »

I've had the same problem. MC was crashing when I imported from a directory which contained an mp4 file.

Even if MC doesn't handle nero mp4 files - it shouldn't be crashing when i import from a directory which contains them.

This problem related to video mp4 files - not audio files. I just mention it to avoid any confusion.

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 03:55:19 am »

Thanks for the advice, JimH! :D

I started ripping my CDs in wma lossless format and the sound is just perfect-no dfx or any other of that stuff needed, just audio analysis. I hope this last one helps somehow, although I could never figure out what it does exactly.

geoptin
Pages: [1]   Go Up