INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11: CD Burning (Conversion, OGG)  (Read 880 times)

marcusaschneider

MC 11: CD Burning (Conversion, OGG)
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:36:36 am »

Hello,

still - this was reported by me and others from time to time during the last year or so - the burning of Audio CDs from ogg files leaves a disc with no sound. All track information is correctly readable but tracks do not yield in any sound and just get played for seconds.
We were told that this is an issue of the Plug-In and we have to wait for the Plug-In's author to fix this.
When can we expect that this feature is finally working? Why is it offered at all if this Plug-In is known not to work at all?
For me, CD Audio burning from supported file types looks as a standard feature. Why not more emphasize on this instead of cosmetic issues like "this button has to be more lucid..."?

Regards, Marcus

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC 11: CD Burning (Conversion, OGG)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 12:32:43 pm »

I have missed your previous posts.

MC11 has everything what is needed for Ogg Vorbis. There is no third party plug-in for Ogg Vorbis.

Ogg is a container file type. It can contain different media formats, but usually it is used for Vorbis compressed audio files. Are your files encoded with MC?

I haven't experienced any problems with Ogg Vorbis encoding or decoding, but I have not burned audio CDs recently.

As a test, could you try this:

1. Convert the ogg files to wave format. Are the wave files OK?
2. Try to burn an audio CD from the wave files. Is it OK? (You could use a rewritable CD-RW disc.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marcusaschneider

Re: MC 11: CD Burning (Conversion, OGG)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 01:07:40 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up